Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Burress fires his agent.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Burress fires his agent....... Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2011973

Well I don't know how much this is gonna help him........ I doubt it will spark team's intrest in him. I think he will goto the Eagles or the Giants...... Maybe an outside shot of coming to minny.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants removed their offer so he isn't going there. And I say it is fifty-fifty between Minnesota and Philly. He would possibly have a better chance in Philly of winning it all, but it would mean he would be a second reciever behind TO. So in Minny he would be the co-number 1 or out right number one in Minnesota.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea will philly will offer him the money and money talks...... and if he can't get any better offer he might have his new agent call the giants back up an try to persuade them into signing him agian
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor little plaxio.... shot his mouth off a little too much and now doesn't have much to choose from.

i think he's very, very talented and might help the vikes, but his attitude might be a worse poison. and then we'd be looking at trading him off at some point and maybe not getting too much in return. sound familiar?
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he would be an excellent addition to the vikes but he's not helping himself at all ... seems he wants top $$$ and no one wants to pay
purplefan05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it'd be nice to sign him to a one-year deal. If he gets his act together then we'll talk long term, but if we sign him then we are less dependent on taking Williams/Edwards. We could take the best available player in both 1st round picks and if one is a WR then we'll groom him into being a major contributor next season.

Perhaps we could take a DE with #7 and take Troy Williamson at #18 wiwthout asking him to be an opening day starter.
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purplefan05 wrote:
I still think it'd be nice to sign him to a one-year deal. If he gets his act together then we'll talk long term, but if we sign him then we are less dependent on taking Williams/Edwards. We could take the best available player in both 1st round picks and if one is a WR then we'll groom him into being a major contributor next season.

Perhaps we could take a DE with #7 and take Troy Williamson at #18 wiwthout asking him to be an opening day starter.

This guy has the right idea... (something I've been trying to say for a while)

Whether or not you like Plax.. the fact is he's as good as any WR the Vikings currently have (Burleson still has a little more to prove before I say he's better than Plax for sure)

The BIGGEST issue, is that by taking Plax, the Vikings no longer are under such pressure to take a WR at #7, then it can become a CHOICE, and not a requirement.

Having a WR trio of Plax, Burleson, and Williams/Edwards is NOT a bad thing (only for the WRs who will want almost every play to be a pass, lol) That kind of trio would easily put the Vikings in contention for one of the top 5 WR groups in the league, and with the already massively improved defense, I cant see how its a bad thing to have a GREAT offense, and a good/great defense (we'll see how that goes)
tdub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way i would address plax is sign him to an incentives laden deal....just be like its simple...you produce for us how we want you to, then we will pay you how you want us too...that way both ppl win...and if he doesnt meet those incentives then he has no one to blaim but himself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Plax the baby Reply with quote

F Plaxico Burress. He wants too much money. But for what? What has he ever done in his career to even ask for Muhsin Muhhamed type money. What so hes big and fast? So what hes also a big whiny b!tch. I wanted him at first but now i really dont.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
F Plaxico Burress. He wants too much money. But for what? What has he ever done in his career to even ask for Muhsin Muhhamed type money.

You really want to know? Here you go:

Mushin Muhammed:
Games: 125
Receptions: 578
Yards: 7751
Touchdowns: 44
Yards per catch: 13.4
Receptions per TD: 13.1
Receptions per game: 4.6
Yards per Game: 62

Plaxico Burress:
Games: 71
Receptions: 261
Yards: 4164
Touchdowns: 22
YPC: 15.95
Receptions-TD: 11.86
Receptions per game: 3.7
Yards per game: 58.64

Burress is bigger, faster, younger, and has more tread left on the tires. Burress had fewer receptions per game, but he also had Hines Ward and Randle El on the team. His yardage per game, is lower, but his yards per catch is higher than Muhammed. Plax scores more frequently as well. All in all, they are virtually equal in production, but Plax has more good years ahead of him. That is why he thinks he deserves Mushin Money. I'd be inclined to agree, accept that I think Mushin got overpayed. I'd love to see Plaxico in Purple if the price was right. I like the incentive idea, but don't know if Rosenhaus will go for that. Bottom line, get him in camp. That will fill pretty much every hole and allow us to take Williams or Edwards not as a necessity (where they'd be asked to produce heavily from day 1), but as the Best Player Available (allow them to learn without the weight of the offense on their shoulders). Or go a different route with the #7. Just saying "F Plaxico" because he thinks he deserves a Mushin type deal (which he just might). If you were in his position, you'd be looking for the best deal as well.
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw Plax . . . I do think the guy's talented and physically gifted. But his ego's outta control. Maybe Rosenhaus will soften his edge and get him a deal . . . for him, but I doubt that Plax will get the kind of money he expects. Without a doubt, I'd rather have the Vikes sign Troy Brown.

That said, we have a guy in Travis Taylor who just wants a shot. If he's serious, he'll prove it. Furthermore, I can't imagine a WR not wanting a shot to play with the Vikes pass protection and Culpepper. Plax outta get off his pedistal and realize that the Vikes O didn't absolutely need Randy, nor does it need him. Culpepper now has the challenge to carry the team offensively, which is kind of the reverse of McNabb. But with a year that OL and TE was desimated, Pepp had his best year.

What to do . . . What to do? . . . Keep improving the D and give Culpepper a -- as in 1 -- serious WR weapon, beside Nate and Marcus. Taylor plus one of the top four WR draftees would be perfect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: