Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor on the beach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Rumor on the beach Reply with quote

As I was flipping through various websites and forums today, I noticed a many san diego fans talking about a possible draft day trade with tennesse. They would send both their first rounds for our first rounder so they can get either Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. If this were proposed to Reese I think he would take it in a heart beat, as many have said, the early draft is pretty weak, and since were in a rebuilding year we could use the picks and probably get Barron and maybe a CB like Marlin Jackson. This would be a sweet deal since I know how bad SD wants a premier WR, what do y'all think about all this?

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a great deal for us. Look at it, we could get Barron with the number 12 i think it is so he can protect McNair then with the number 28 i think it's 28 anyway we could get a CB this would fill two gaps with two good players. So we could have a potential pro bowl LT and a good solid CB.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my personel oppinion that would stink. I really hope we get Mike Williams. I think he will be a stud in the NFL. I would really like to have Braylon Edwards as well. Im not hating on Barron or Pac Man, but I hope we don't trade down. I Hope we stay at 6 and get Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. Just my oppinion!
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if we'll stay at 6. So i think we'll use the WR as trade bait.
I think Reese could jump at that trade, but i dunno if we can afford two 1st round picks. If we can afford it then yes. I think theres a real good chance Barron will still be there and we can get Justin Miller or Mark Clayton with our second 1st round pick.
titangreins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a no brainer to get two 1st round picks and get the guy you are "looking" at #6 in Barron at I believe the 12th spot (correct me if I'm wrong) and get a CB like Carlos Rogers or Justin Miller at the end of the first. Would make too much sense not to do it if SD offerred that.
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure Titans would love to do that. Dont be surprised if they do it, if they get a chance. Once Again I wouldnt be surpired because you know they love tons of picks. So Dont be surprised.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Reese wants to trade out of the top ten so he wont have to pay top ten cash to one player.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wouldn't save much money if we traded down 3-4 spots because each teams is given a certain amount of money to sign picks. The only way having a top ten pick would be a cap problem is when the rookie contract runs out. If Reese does trade out it's because he gets great value and he believes he can get a player he's targeting a few picks later.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right bullock- this years rookie class is already alot a certain amount of money and it doesnt really matter what picks you draft it wont affect this year. So Reese will be looking for value if he wants to trade down, which I think is what they will do, but I doubt they will go much lower than 15 or so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: