You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Courtney Brown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riggensghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all reading too much into this. I remember when we drafted C.Griffen he was tagged as an underachiever who would never play better than he did in his rookie year.

We wont have to overpay the guy, he wants to be here. The only other place heliked was Denver and he left there without a contract yesterday. He has tremendous physical attributes and can give this team what it needs without being a "premier end"

How can you not be excited to take an underachiever with tremendous abilities and talent and match him up with one of the great defensive minds in the league???

Williams defensive schemes made Salave, Wynn and Warner look much stronger than they actually are, throw in a courtney brown????

This signing needs to get doen so we can concentrate on getting Mike Williams
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many people in here are saying CB was an underachiever...let me tell you something this guy is not an underachiever and if you sign him you will be signing a pro-bowl calibur player...how can you call a guy who's been injured an underachiever?The injuries he has suffered were not because he was fragile either he tore his biceps while sticking his arm out to stop a guy while being double teamed...he hurt his leg on turf while being blocked...he has had some bad luck and the only reason the browns decided to release him is he was owed 5.5 million this year and a 2.5 signing bonus. I am one of the browns fans who hopes to god he comes back,so go ahead and low ball your offers send him back to us so when he stays healthy and makes the pro-bowl it'll be with us.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underachiever based on his numbers not his potential or physical ability. His numbers show that he is a severe underachiever for an overall number one pick.

I think he an become a great pass rusher in the right scheme if he learns to stop overthinking technique and coverage and just rely on his physical abilities
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the right system and with good coaching (Williams and Blache), Brown would be a dominant player.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now Courtney is deciding between Denver and Washington, his agent has told other interested parties that he will be deciding between the two and will deliver his decision on monday.

He is one of the few players who made it to Redskins park and didn't leave with a signed contract. He is playing a bluff trying to get more out of the skins by delaying his decision but he knows he wants to be in Washington. Denver only has like 1m in cap space and our contract was supposedly better (washinton times)

Hopefully he will be a redskin by late monday.
inkwell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:

So are you trying to say that no team should pick him up?

All I've said is that, for the right price, he'd be worth the risk.

I didnt think I was TRYING to say anything. What I said, and quite clearly if I do say so myself, is that there is NO reason to be EXCITED about this signing (which might not even happen). He is just one more reclamation project. Every year teams pick up another team's flops and hope that a change of scheme or schnage of scenery will spark a resurgence. A few of them succeeed. Most dont. But to get all excited over a guy who cant stay healthy and when healthy shows a very pedestrian level of play . . . I guess that is why they call us fans (from fanatics). Logic, reason and intelligence are pushed aside in favor of emotion, rose colored glasses, and lunacy. I am not saying Brown should not be picked up. I am not saying Brown wont play well, maybe even 1/10 as good as emotional fans hope he will. I AM saying that he has not shown anything to get excited over. And frankly, maybe your team should actually sign the guy before we talk about him as the next great burgundy and gold savior. We all know that if he signs with Jax or Denver, this thread will be full of people saying how much he sucks and "we didnt want him anyway".
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkwell wrote:
sootedpair wrote:

So are you trying to say that no team should pick him up?

All I've said is that, for the right price, he'd be worth the risk.

I didnt think I was TRYING to say anything. What I said, and quite clearly if I do say so myself, is that there is NO reason to be EXCITED about this signing (which might not even happen).

What can I say, some folks are more emotional than others. Skins fans are a passionate bunch. We can't all be as level headed as you I guess.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As each day passes that we don't sign him I get more and more scared that we aren't going to get him...

It like the whole Antonio Pierce and Fred Smoot deals....the more and more time went on and they got offers from other teams to compare to the Redskins' offers it became more apparent that they weren't going to be with the team any longer.

I get the same feeling with C Brown...the Broncos now have freed up more Cap space to sign him by restructuring Plummer's contract...they have a 1.3 million more to work with than we do, and he visited the Jaguars who have 13million to sign him and the Seahawks 10 million to sign him with...both of which are going to be playoff teams for years to come, so I'm still hoping we get him, but fearing we won't.

He reminds me of another Brown we have in our city...Kwame Brown, very high on potential and if they had the right drive could be a top 20 player in the NFL if not top 10 for sure, but will they ever have the drive or be healthy enough to fufill their potential???

That's the billion dollar question, that no one has the answer too!
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he's meeting with other teams leads me to believe that the Skins and Broncos aren't offering him much in the way of guaranteed money. If that's the case and we lose him to someone else offering him a bunch of money, so be it. I won't be dissappointed.

It's similar to the Plaxico Burress thing in my opinion. The guy should do well, but hasn't in the past and isn't worth risking a ton of dough on.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with sootedpair. If the Redskins don't sign Courtney Brown... it won't be a big loss. If they sign him, it's good, but he isn't worth a lot of money and he's a big risk. Phillip Daniels is finally healthy and says he's more prepared than ever to play and is motivated. He has a lot to prove and I think he'll do fine. As far a s Kwame Brown... I do question his desire but at the same time, he's weak mentally. He's not a smart basketball player.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contract offers Brown is getting are incentive heavy and not up front money heavy. It will only take one team willing to bet a nice chunk of change and he is theirs.

I am happy that we aren't going nuts, and if he comes to Washington anyway, then we finally played a good hand with a potential free agent.

We do need him though or someone like him. Young and athletic and it saves us a draft pick to concentrate on our other needs, WR and CB.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggensghost wrote:
The contract offers Brown is getting are incentive heavy and not up front money heavy.

Have you seen any figures? I'd like to see what he's being offered.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't get Courtney Brown, that means Gibbs' doing a nice job as the President of the Redskins. He knows how much money he should spend on Brown, and that shouldn't be a load of money. This guy should be given the minimum salary for a player of his tenure and be given incentives to prove he can still play on the field and not be a bench warmer. He still needs to show he's the #1 draft pick in 2000, like Lavar has been doing the previous seasons. And Lavar better play this year!
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true that!
riggensghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just say true that? I am waiting to hear if we got him or not, decision is about to come out tonight. I would like to get him personally but I am happy that the redskins are practicing some general manger skills. I wouldn't mind taking a serious shot at signing Brown but I'm happy to see we aren't betting big.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: