Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 1st overall selection in the 2005 draft..........
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyDrilliams wrote:
As of right now, they need to pick Aaron Rodgers. Rattay isnt franchise material and they need to start over at that position. The best way to do that, is select a QB with their first round pick. Rodgers has all the potential in the world to succeed. I really hope the 49ers dont play dumb and select somebody other than a QB. Dont get me wrong, taking Edwards Williams or Brown wouldnt be the end of the world. But Barlow deserves a second chance, and they have brandon lloyd and they used their first round pikc last year on rashaun woods. Boston is likely on the way too. The safest pick right now is Aaron Rodgers.

So why does Kevan Barlow get another shot? He has shown no more than Rattay. They both played well in 3 games in 2003, and had an "up-and-down" 2004. Just because the previous GM was foolish enough to sign him to a large contract, doesn't mean he's any more or less deserving. They both deserve a shot in 2005, and I hope they get it.
martisius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great news, i'd rather have braylon edwards than any of these no-talent qbs. how about mike williams 1st pick?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLaden wrote:
RoyDrilliams wrote:
As of right now, they need to pick Aaron Rodgers. Rattay isnt franchise material and they need to start over at that position. The best way to do that, is select a QB with their first round pick. Rodgers has all the potential in the world to succeed. I really hope the 49ers dont play dumb and select somebody other than a QB. Dont get me wrong, taking Edwards Williams or Brown wouldnt be the end of the world. But Barlow deserves a second chance, and they have brandon lloyd and they used their first round pikc last year on rashaun woods. Boston is likely on the way too. The safest pick right now is Aaron Rodgers.

So why does Kevan Barlow get another shot? He has shown no more than Rattay. They both played well in 3 games in 2003, and had an "up-and-down" 2004. Just because the previous GM was foolish enough to sign him to a large contract, doesn't mean he's any more or less deserving. They both deserve a shot in 2005, and I hope they get it.

Barlow has proven himself in prior season's thats the difference.
Erickson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
Erickson wrote:
mauRICE 80 wrote:
Erickson wrote:
I see Rodgers as nothing but another Tedford product. Just like Harrington & Smith to name a few.

Harrington played for Oregon and I don't know which Smith your talking about

I know Harrington played for Oregon along with Aliki Smith. Both of them learned from Tedford. Tedford was at Oregon before Cal. Same with Dilfer & Carr. Both Tedford products, and both avg QB's.

Oregon not Oregon st. And I would say Carr is not an average QB and is on the verge of being a star.

Who said anything about Oregon St?? Okay I'll give you Carr as having a good shot of making something out of his career. 1 out of those 4 really having a stellar season is nothing to write home about.
DManRP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want the 49ers to select Aaron Rodgers, but they probably should pick Braylon Edwards---that guy's a freak! He reminds me a lot of Roy Williams in Detroit
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:

Barlow has proven himself in prior season's thats the difference.

No, he hasn't. That's the whole point:

Kevan Barlow
http://www.profootballreference.com/players/BarlKe00.htm

Tim Rattay
http://www.profootballreference.com/players/RattTi00.htm

They both played well in their 3 starts in 2003. Other than that, the only time they played was as backups to Hearst and Garcia. And in 2004, they both struggled for a variety of reasons. They are equally unproven, yet, in my opinion, should have equal potential and opportunity to contribute to the resurgence of this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: