Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 1st overall selection in the 2005 draft..........
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyDrilliams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: With the 1st overall selection in the 2005 draft.......... Reply with quote

the San Francisco 49ers select........................... BRAYLON EDWARDS

from rotoworld.com

49ers head coach Mike Nolan reportedly is leaning towards drafting Michigan receiver Braylon Edwards with the first pick in the draft.
Unless Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith impress next week in workouts, Nolan reportedly thinks Edwards is the top player available. The sentiment that both quarterbacks could be a little overrated appears to be gaining steam in the NFL community. Edwards, a senior eligible, would be expected to start right away on the 49ers, probably across from Brandon Lloyd.

WOW
MNorona

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats terrible... edwards isnt even the top WR prospect in my opinion... if we want a WR take williams at least
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolan if fooling people so he can try and trade out he is not leaning towards anybody
Daytrader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they don't pick a QB, I would rather have the Niners pick Ronnie Brown. I don't like picking a RB but he appears to be the best of a great trio of rb's coming out this year. Braylon Edwards though would not be a bad pick imo.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People say that Nolan wants Edwards, other people say that McCloughan and McCarthy want Smith. I think that for better or worse we will end up taking Rodgers unless we move the pick, which would be the best move.
mermdawg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Brightside wrote:
People say that Nolan wants Edwards, other people say that McCloughan and McCarthy want Smith. I think that for better or worse we will end up taking Rodgers unless we move the pick, which would be the best move.

Its all just a lot of banter right now. Nothing to base our draft on.

Our new team psychi is much smarter than this. Were just saying this so teams interestred in the guys we're talking about will want to trade with us.

IMO, If we do take a WR #1 it should be Willimas.

John York does have some b-lls

Aaron Rodgers
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind if the Niners take Edwards or Williams with the 1st pick. They both are talented. Edwards I think has a better personality and not as cocky has Williams. WIlliams reminds me a bit of TO as he might seem like the player to demand the ball every play, but Williams has great hands and size. Edwards run a bit faster and can make those difficult catches. If the Niners do take a WR then I think they should draft Charlie Frye from Akron in the 2nd round. This guy has the size (6'4"), the quickness, toughness, speed (4.8 in the 40), and maybe arm strength for the QB position. This guy seems like a good prospect. I do like Aaron Rodgers though and I am hoping he wows scouts next week so the Niners will get him. If the Niners get Boston though I go for a QB with the first pick.
RoyDrilliams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon Edwards is definitley one of the best playerss in the draft. He runs greats routes and can win alot of jump balls. His speed is above average and he has great hands. Any team that drafts him cant go wrong. People say he is the next David Terrell. I disagree. I watched alot of Michigan games this guy is the real deal. I can see where Mike Nolan is coming from about saying he is the best player in the draft. He definitley could be. I personally would take Mike Williams though. But Braylon Edwards is a close second as the best WR in the draft.
MNorona

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you guys say Braylon has good hands?!?! He is soooo inconsistent. Yeah he makes those ESPN highlight catches every now and then but he drops the easy ones that move the chains. Mike Williams on the other hand has rediculous catching ability. Don't you guys remember that rediculous one handed grab he made without even pulling it into his body?!?! Mike Williams, to me, is way better then Braylon. I hear lots of people talk about how he's "slow", but T.O. and Jerry Rice were never burners. Mike Williams makes all the catches and has the built to break tackles and take it to the house.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people are dissing Braylon Edwards because of the track record of Michigan receivers, then those same people better not be extolling the virtues of Aaron Rodgers, because it's the exact same scenario. Edwards is a much safer pick, investment wise. And with the David Boston thing at the very least on hold, WR is certainly something we could use, considering the loss of Cedrick Wilson.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will sign Boston and there are only 2 other ways the niners will go other than QB and that is Ronnie Brown because he is the best overall player in this draft or trade and take Antrell Rolle or the best overall corner. Because Rumph is moving to safety and Plummer may not be back.

Of course I'm still going with Rodgers and think that is the best choice at this time.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
they will sign Boston and there are only 2 other ways the niners will go other than QB and that is Ronnie Brown because he is the best overall player in this draft or trade and take Antrell Rolle or the best overall corner. Because Rumph is moving to safety and Plummer may not be back.

Plummer is in good shape and should be ready for mini-camps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do sign boston , then there is no doubt that we will either draft aaron rodgers or trade down. barlow is going to be alot better this year because the OL has improven. come draft day someone is going to want to trade up to get williams or brown or dj. best case senario is if the vikings giv us their 2 1st rounders for our 1st overall pick.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana168 wrote:
if we do sign boston , then there is no doubt that we will either draft aaron rodgers or trade down. barlow is going to be alot better this year because the OL has improven.

And why wouldn't the QB play be improved with the better offensive line? I think the whole offense will be improved with the better offensive line. The whole team frankly.
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the more I look at the people availible in this draft, the more I wish Roethlisburger had waited a year to come out. Damn him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: