Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

darren for nguyen and 20th pick or woodson?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsrule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: darren for nguyen and 20th pick or woodson? Reply with quote

if we made the trade with dallas sending darren for dat nguyen and the 20th pick. with the 16th and 20th could we trade up for derrick johnson despite the fact we got dat? is dat better than watson or james allen? derrick johnson is better without question. so if that's available we gotta go for it. what about trading for woodson instead? i like the way fakhir played (chasing down randy moss and hurting him for a few games for instance) and woodson may be more trouble than he's worth. dwight replacing sucky tebucky will help a lot. the tackles are the question on defense. will sully keep sucking? young and green may be the answer there. offensively we should be fine if aaron can keep cool and hand the ball to deuce effectively. we do need to draft a center and move bentley back to gaurd though. wilkerson or chris spencer. if we can grab em' at 40 that would be great. should help a lot. i'm not sure about giving up on boo just yet tho. hope they don't do that. i think that dev or beer man will step in for pathon fine and dante' should have his best year yet. the scariest thing of all is that everything is on brooks shoulders. hope he handles it well. but can't help but feel like it's too much for him. i think other quaterbacks would break records with our receivers on the fast surface of the dome. we have more speed than st. louis had a few years ago. if we had a guy that could hit em' in stride like warner did. whose catching dante', beerman, and dev? brooks doesn't have the accuracy. it was really evident after watching the rookie wide receiver drills before the pro bowl. he was throwing behind all of them really bad. opinions anyone?

Last edited by saintsrule on Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cowboys73

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat for howard str8 up!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the trade is gonna go through -
DE DARREN HOWARD for:
PICK # 42(RD.2 #11)

I love it !!! We'll get a solid inside LB w/ that pick or we could draft the likes of CB Cory Webster, QB/WR/TE Matt Jones, OT Adam Terry, C Ben Wilkersen, or K Mike Nugent (always thinking 'bout the future!)

Last edited by jimfrotch on Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PrimetimeOldSchool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, you aren't getting Dat. Your lucky if you get anything more than a second round pick. http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/031305cpcowlede.7440d.html
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then to 'ell with you getting another DL from the Saints. I'd rather wait til draft day and take my chances than give you such a prized commodity- Your "wanna be Donald Trump" owner will have to play by OUR RULES before it's said and done!
teroco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yalls Nawlins guys aw cwazy! el hell to yous.
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha it's so funny how you tried to act like the trade was official but it isn't and you didn't even get the pick right there big guy "RD. 2 #11" Laughing
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the fact that the Saints are getting anything for Darren is amazing to me- we almost just let him go, but opted to tag him and hope some desperate team would value him (low and behold!)
The Howard deal isn't final, but it will be- whether it's Dallas or Minnesota or Oakland... it'll get done. (and we'll still have the best DE tandem in the league- Charles Grant and Will Smith "gettin' jiggy wit it!" )
SMASHMOUTH 31ROY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints are calling the shots. lol Deal went from dat and afirst rounder to the 42nd pick. that sounds like the ainys are calling the shots to me. GO BOYZZ

Thanks for the sig Mighty Mouse 07!!
TO is the first playmaker in Big D since #88
shadow walker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt it true if the saints dont get rid of darren howard, they'll be cap trouble...it seems like the boys have the upper hand...i dont mind giving them a second...but no way in hell that the boys give away dat..that ludicrous Wink

one of the great ones on this site
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the cowboys were the only team in the mix...then the coboys would have the upper hand. BUT THEY AREN"T THE ONLY TEAM IN THE MIX. there are at least three other teams who are serious about getting Howard. So if you want to pull this Howard for a 2nd rounder BS...then step aside and enjoy another year of having no pass rush.
CowboyChris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so tell us, what other teams can give him the $ he wants...it is not just about he trade - DH has to sign a long term deal...or did you forget about that part?

Bring it on Donkey Kong!
Roy WILL Dominate You

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: sorry to say Reply with quote

sorry to say to all of u saints fans but u all r going to get ripped off in this howard trade...a ll ur proubuably going to get is a 2nd round pick and nothing else cuz dc ain;t given up a linebacker wen its a hole already..the cowboys will have a proven d end for years to come and u will be gettin a 2nd round pick

dallas= wat a great trade
saints= screwded for having to let him go for so little
Armyscout

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I think Benson got exactly want we needed. He shopped Howard around. Let Howard realize his exact worth. Now is time to close all this craziness.
Keep Howard and use all this new understanding to resign for a long contract and restructure.

Why give away Howard to Dallas? That is stupid. We have 3 great players for 2 positions. What's wrong with that? Especially with the position. Injuries can happen to the best DE, it is just part of the position.

It would have been nice to get DAT and it would have been nice to get a 1st rounder and free up some cap, but neither happened so let's not shot ourselves in the foot. We have addressed enough needs in free agency. Let's trade off Tebucky and Williams and get some more late round selections or maybe package those with other late round selections to a team that just needs alot of picks who might be willing to give up a 2nd round pick.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd rounder? i have an idea...tell jerry jones to go screw himself and we will keep howard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: