Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Burress plans a visit to Philadelphia
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Burress plans a visit to Philadelphia Reply with quote

According to ESPN, Plaxico Burress is going to visit the Philadelphia Eagles sometime soon.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use common sense, it means the Eagles could sign him. That's what I'm trying to say.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plaxico will say i wont sign for less than 20 and the eagles will say ten and plaxico will leave were not givin him the money if we wont give it to trotter unless we can get a plaxico to sidn cheap
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles won't sign him long term, they are just offering a one year deal. Plaxico isn't getting what he wants on the market, a year playing for a pass first team might make his stats look better as he hits the market next year. That's the theory behind him visiting the Eagles.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westy not getting the tough yardage fool, you will need a guy, That will get those yards. Stinky Pinkston or Afraid to get hit Pink, is at best a fourth reciver. Eagles need to draft a number two guy. those needs will be address with in the 31 and 34 pick
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plex just fired his agent and the Rule is now he can't talk to any one for 5 days or soo
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles have a number 2 guy his name is Greg Lewis and he will more than likely start T.O.'s opposite this year. Pinkston is a fair number 2 he spreads the field which is that is asked of him in the offense.

This is all assuming the Eagles don't sign plaxico, which I hope they don't.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg lewis is good, but I dunno If he has what it takes to be the #2 guy
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing Pinkston spreads, is the butter on his momma's French toast Very Happy
Neil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Burress Reply with quote

The Eagles don't need a guy named Plaxico... He doesn't want to be a number 2, and he'd only be here for one year. Plus, he's a [inappropriate/removed]. I think they should try out Lewis -- he looked good in the end....
hype4bid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Psycho WARD"]Westy not getting the tough yardage fool, you will need a guy, That will get those yards. Stinky Pinkston or Afraid to get hit Pink, is at best a fourth reciver. Eagles need to draft a number two guy. those needs will be address with in the 31 and 34 pick[/quote

Pinkston is better then most of your WRs, except for Ward. And if he was on the Steelers, he would be your # 2 WR, short arming and everything but still has better skills then your set of WRs. Randle El is definitely not a solid #2 WR and for that reason they brought in Wilson. Ward, Wilson, Randle El, Mays? I think you guys are in dire need of a solid #2 WR then the birds.

Eagles wonít be drafting to fill their #2 WR spot via draft. First off, we have much more glaring needs along the O and D line. 2nd the top 4 WRs wonít be available when the birds pick. And last, the birds are pretty stack at WR (TO, Pinky, Fredex, Lewis).

Every fan in the right mind would like to have Plax on their team for the right price, but the Philly/Plax rumors are just rumors. He wonít be wearing green, heck he has a better chance resigning with the Steelers then the Eagles.
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pinkston is better then most of your WRs, except for Ward. And if he was on the Steelers, he would be your # 2 WR, short arming and everything but still has better skills then your set of WRs. Randle El is definitely not a solid #2 WR and for that reason they brought in Wilson. Ward, Wilson, Randle El, Mays? I think you guys are in dire need of a solid #2 WR then the birds

Pinkston is not better than Randel El,He can take a hit and still catch the ball. Pinkston hesitates if he sense's he will be hit. That's why eagles knew they could'nt get to the big game, without a player like TO. Not to mention all the cramping that went on in the superbowl, he's not psychical enough to finish out a big game.
hype4bid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psycho WARD wrote:

Pinkston is not better than Randel El,He can take a hit and still catch the ball. Pinkston hesitates if he sense's he will be hit. That's why eagles knew they could'nt get to the big game, without a player like TO. Not to mention all the cramping that went on in the superbowl, he's not psychical enough to finish out a big game.

Yes, he short arm two balls on national television and got his few shares of criticism. However, he also made a few good plays. He is up there in yards per catch, very fast and a good deep threat. Almost draws an illegal contact down field when the ball thrown his way. Not a #1 WR but a clear #2Ö When Randle El earns his # 2 spot, then we can actually have a little debate on who is the better WR. I can acknowledge Randel El as great special teamer and that is about it.

You canít tell me the acquisition of TO got us to the big game. TO would make any team better but the truth is he was not playing in playoffs till the big game, and the Eagles made it through with flying colors. We did not go out and get TO because Pinky was short arming the ball the previous years. Obviously, our WR core of Pinky, Thrash, and Mitchell along with some injuries prevented us from getting to the big game. Better yet, they choked and played poorly.

J. Kearse also had some cramps, but I guess he is not that good huh? R.Hood experience some cramps during the SB, but I will take him over any of your CBs. Cramping has nothing to do with how physical a player plays; it has more to do with conditioning then anything else.
Psycho WARD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Antwaan Randle El vrs Todd Pinkston Reply with quote

.............................Antwaan Randle El vrs Todd Pinkston
Games Started....................7.........................16
Receiving Yards...............601........................676
# Completed......................43.........................36
Receiving Td's.....................3...........................1
Average..........................14.0......................18.8

Bonus Stats....................................................................
Rushing Yards.................134...........................0
Passing Td's.......................1...........................0
Punt return Yards..............257..........................0
Kick return Yards..............733..........................0

I will take these Stats for 2004 to the people in the main forum and let them decide who the better receiver is Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: