Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darius...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Darius... Reply with quote

Darius needs to find us a good trade right now. We need to trade him to Miami for patrick surtain while we still can. Other safties are finding new homes rather quickly. If we can't get patrick surtain i think we need to get darren howard then. MOVE OUT DARIUS Twisted Evil
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard is not coming to the jags, and the surtain darius trade, could be all but dead. Our only hope might be the vikings. Yes, the vikings. It is reported they are still interested in trading which could land corey chavous on the bench. Should be interesting. If not, we're stuck with him and he probably will play be not happily and we would probably cut him in the next season.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather trade for surtain. Darren howard was just a thought because I don't see us making a deal for him. I think we just need to trade him for surtain and then draft erasmus james or david pollack.

GO JAGS Very Happy
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.prosportsdaily.com

It says under nfl rumors that the vikings are no longer interested in trading for donivan darius.

Where do we go now?
secondeye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagsfan18 wrote:
www.prosportsdaily.com

It says under nfl rumors that the vikings are no longer interested in trading for donivan darius.

Where do we go now?

That's because the Jacksonville brain trust rejected a swap of the Vikings #7, for Darius and the #21.

All I can say is, thank god. It might be a weak draft, but there are still 3 potential blue chippers out there and one will likely make it to #7.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jagz4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, with the current status of Darius I would've taken that, but I wouldn'tve taken the other one, which was Darius for a third rounder, which is almost like an insult.
jagz4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just recently looked at Jaguars.com. If you go to the "Ask Vic" section, a person asked why we did not accept that, and the reason is... because it was not offered. There is a lot of false information going around now, so don't believe all that you hear.
secondeye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Actually, I just recently looked at Jaguars.com. If you go to the "Ask Vic" section, a person asked why we did not accept that, and the reason is... because it was not offered. There is a lot of false information going around now, so don't believe all that you hear.

It really didn't make sense to counter a 3rd rounder straight up after offering a swap of 7 for 21. That's a definite downgrade.

Assuming the two QBs go, and at least two of the big 3 RBs are drafted in the top 6, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams will be available at #7, and those are all three players the Vikings definitely need more than Darius if they live up to their potential billing.

I don't see why they don't just give Jacksonville the 2nd round pick they seem to want. It's a good pick, but the Vikings haven't shown any aptitude in their recent 2nd round picks anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: