Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jamie Sharper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Jamie Sharper Reply with quote

Texans are rumored to be auctioning off Sharper for the low cost of a 3rd or 4th round pick. While he is about to turn 31 this fall, Sharper is one of the better linebackers in the league and had 166 tackles last season. With all the moves Angelo is making it looks like he is looking towards playoffs, and Sharper might just be enough to push the bears defense from very good to very scary. The salary he might require might hinder this to be possible, but if he could be had for 2.5 mil(yikes, still) I don't think it would be too risky. I don't think Angelo would do this because it's too bold of a move, just imagine though the use can get out of him compared to a fourth round prospect.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the obvious upgrades for this year are WR, WR, T, G, OLB, RB, QB and challengers for K, SS.

If we did this for a 4th, we would only NEED to address:
WR - #4 Williams
G - Move Q over as #3
RB - 2nd rd backup
QB - FA #3
CB, K, SS - rd 5-7

Cut RW and Tucker to pay for him...
Seem reasonable?

Oops, forgot TE. Maybe that could take one of the later draft picks. Clark is locked up for a while, so I see the Bears giving him every chance to keep his job.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with vasher, tillman, and azumah, mcquarters doesn't really fit into the bears cb scheme right now, maybe if he cut his salary to a healthy 500k a year he might be plausible, but even then he's just a very average cb with awesome returning skills. Azumah is his equal in returns, and berrian and gage aren't bad either. So then what would his value be. this is an obvious cut. I think Sharper would resemble an older, faster Edge Hartwell with better coverage skills. that's a pretty good coup. sharper, briggs and urlacher could solidify their defense for at least the next 3 years and by then I should expect playoffs or even NFC championship. We won't talk superbowl until we are sure that Grossman is the athletic version of Favre that he was projected to be. I say he is more Hasselbeck than Favre, but I'm hoping for the latter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: