Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shaun Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Shaun Alexander Reply with quote

While I did mention that article on Edgerrin James, I would much rather have Shaun Alexander. He's one year younger, faster and has similar power at the same price for contract and trade. I'll give James as a better receiver tho.
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scratch that younger part, he was just drafted a year later.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade our 2nd pick for Shawn Alexander I really think we will contend for a title barring injurys for the forseable future.
The tallent Jerry will have aquired will be FAR and above most teams in the NFL and easily the most in the north.
Ouside of the fact the Bears have the 4th pick in the draft almost makes it unfare.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya W.PAYTONS#1FAN... I haven't been this excited about the upcoming season in a long time.... we need one more big move to sure up the offense and I think that Alexander or James would be that answer. I prefer Alexander.. but I would take James and drop T.Jones without thinking twice.
DABEARS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i wish too but we just dont have the cap to add a huge RB contract - might as well just see if we can find a diamond in the rough in the 2nd round like fason or arrington.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you GRRLacher just one more peice to make sure we rock this year, but I wont be to sad if we go into the season with the moves we made and our 4th pick.
But I honestly believe we would walk away with the north with either of them guys, even edge and Im not a HUGE fan of his, I do respect his talent but I just dont think he is that special of a back since his surgery.
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears need to scatch the conservative stand they always have. Spend some money and lets win now. Look at it this way with drafting williams and trading second round pick for EDGE.

Offensive Weapons.

WR: Moose, MWilliams, Berrian
RB: EDGE, TJONES

Then we can see if Grossman is good or not.
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams or DJ, whoever is left.... i agree.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DABEARS Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey i wish too but we just dont have the cap to add a huge RB contract - might as well just see if we can find a diamond in the rough in the 2nd round like fason or arrington.

Well, you tried dabears
This will never happen. Look for a 2nd rd RB. DJ will not happen. This team still needs help on o. The cap space is down to the point where we can get a QB, and then pay the draft picks. Forget trading for Edge or Alexander. Save yourself the trouble.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not what we need a rb like edge or shaun. we have the speedster in TJ. what we need is a change of pace back like A-Train was just not crappy like A-Train. A serious possibility is giving up a 5th for Najeh Davenport. that would be nice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun Alexander has never had injury problems so thats why he is a better choice than the Edge although i wouldnt be upset if we got Edge.
purdueman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: James cs. Fason vs. Alexander Reply with quote

[quote="bringbackditka"]DABEARS Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you tried dabears
This will never happen. Look for a 2nd rd RB. DJ will not happen. This team still needs help on o. The cap space is down to the point where we can get a QB, and then pay the draft picks. Forget trading for Edge or Alexander. Save yourself the trouble.[/quote]

The million dollar question is: "is a bird in hand truly worth more in the bush?". Bears thought that they had drafted a franchise back when they selected Curtis P. ENIS 5th overall one year, but it turns out he was an overhyped - HEAD (get it? P.ENIS and - HEAD?... LOL!). Laughing

If the Bears trade for Alexander, would he complement Jones in a two back set? Or would one become another disgruntled backup?

James? I agree with most; too expensive. He's hamstring us salary cap wise the next few years and I'd hate to see that happen. Let's wait and see how Rex the Wonder Bear makes it back and IF he can stay healthy first because we could find ourselves in the market for a quarterback next season (hope not, but that's reality).

I say pass on Benson, but grab Brown if he's still there at #4; otherwise, do everything possible to trade down and still get Williamson in the mid-first round and pick up another pick instead of drafting yet another possession receiver (Williams), or a guy who's never been a deep threat game breaker (Edwards). JMO.
thevikes99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

potentia_ceteri wrote:
scratch that younger part, he was just drafted a year later.

I think Edge is much more of a all around player. He is a great blocker for the QB catchs great out of the backfield .
Alexander is a streight up runner witch means a bigger target to hit and i don't know who got his recieving skills are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: