You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Young to play sooner rather than later? If so, is that good?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurkingobeiscity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Young to play sooner rather than later? If so, is that good? Reply with quote

Quote:
Some Titans players and coaches recently said Young is more likely to begin playing sooner than later. They said the former University of Texas star, who was the first quarterback and the third player taken in April's draft, has impressed them with how quickly he has grasped the offense and its terminology, and with how he was unwilling to concede the starting job even when Steve McNair still was on the roster.

One Titans coach privately said Young is driven to prove wrong critics who questioned his football intellect and game. The coach said Young has been spending extra hours in his playbook, preparing each day as if he'll get the call on opening day. There is a purpose to his stride, a seriousness in his tone.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/20060611-9999-1s11trotter.html

The sooner or later thing is up for you to decide but I like the dedication to the playbook and Vince preparing himself for week 1.
Invictus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask this again after preseason week 3 and I'll let you know how I feel.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it as nothing more that Vince dedicating himself to learning and getting adjusted to the offense. Good for him. That means that he's willing to put in the extra hours in order to better himself. However, Billy Volek will be the starter for most of the season. Unless he gets hurt, there won't be a QB contraversy...at least not until the end of the season when the playoffs hope is long gone. But it is good to hear Vince Young is dedicating himself to the playbook as if he's starting game 1. He should be well prepared when he does get some playing time this year.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with his work ethic, i didnt expect anything less from VY. hes going to keep working hard and is going to prove all those critics wrong who think that he's "too dumb to learn an offense"

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That rumored 6 on the Wonderlic could be the best thing that ever happened to us!

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
Ask this again after preseason week 3 and I'll let you know how I feel.

im with Invictus on this one.....yes i have an opinion: i think that he should sit all/most of this year and billy should start.....BUT: the coaches and players know him and his situation ALOT better than any of us so ask again after the 3rd preseason game and ill let you know how i feel....

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
rub10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if id play him since you dont want to ruin his confidence by throwing him in too early

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: