You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise C of All-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the greatest C in Titans franchise history?
Bob Schmidt
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Bobby Maples
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Mark Stepnoski
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Carl Mauck
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise C of All-time Reply with quote

Week 6 of "The Franchise's Greatest" will finish up our Offensive Line. Here's what the team looks like so far:

QB: Steve McNair
RB: Earl Campbell
WR: Charley Hennigan and Derrick Mason
OT: Bruce Matthews and Brad Hopkins
OG: Mike Munchak and Bob Talamini

Offensive Center:

Bob Schmidt: Schmidt played for the Houston Oilers from 1962 - 1964, being named to the AFL All-star team each of those three years. He went to the University of Minnesota and also played some tackle and guard in his career.

Bobby Maples: Maples was a Baylor product who turned into a two-way star, playing both center and linebacker for the Houston Oilers from 1965 - 1970. He was named to the AFL All-star team in 1968. He missed just one game in his six year stint with the Oilers.

Carl Mauck: Mauck was the anchor to Earl Campbell's lines in the late 70's. He was known for his toughness and leadership, both on and off the field. He's now considered one of the better O-Line coaches in the league.

Mark Stepnoski: Stepnoski played for the Houston and then Tennessee Oilers from 1995 - 1998. He was named to the Pro-Bowl in '95 and '96. Signed as a Free Agent in 1995, he would start all but three games in his four year tour of duty.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey

Last edited by titanrick on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Yankees05

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no clue who any of these three are, but I voted for Stepnoski since he is the most recent player and the only one to actually make multiple Pro Bowls, not AFL All-Star games.
Invictus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I maybe would have added Carl Mauck to that list just because of what he meant to the franchise. He didnt get all the pro-bowls and accolades but he was a team leader and the anchor to the Tyler Rose's O-line. http://www.houstonprofootball.com/team/center.html

On that list though I'd go with Stepnoski but I still associate him as a Dallas Cowboy when I see his name.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
I maybe would have added Carl Mauck to that list just because of what he meant to the franchise. He didnt get all the pro-bowls and accolades but he was a team leader and the anchor to the Tyler Rose's O-line. http://www.houstonprofootball.com/team/center.html

I'm gonna add him to the poll. We missed the first wave of voters, but maybe he can catch up. I had been browsing all-star/pro-bowl lists so that's why I missed him, but I loved the article you linked to. Plus, unrelated to the Titans/Oilers, he is considered one of the best OLine coaches around.

Ralph

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauck gets my vote, partly for being a tough, nasty SOB, and partly for being a "character". He was one of the few characters in the game who Stabler didn't see eye-to-eye with as a teammate. This was primarily because Bum Phillips assigned Mauck to room with Stabler and do whatever it took to reduce/limit Stabler's wild partying (with little success).
titans will return

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan rick i love the avatar....sorry if its off topic lol..
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, twr.

I'm going to let this go over the weekend to see if late entry/darkhorse Carl Mauck can overtake Stepnoski. Then on Monday we'll look at WHY the tight end didn't CHECK back into our offense until '94! Wink

titans will return

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we probably shouldnt even have a poll for the TE lol...it would last 1 day shoot maybe even 1 hour,and the poll would be closed...Whycheck is already the winner....but im interested in the candidates since none before Frank were as good as Erron Kinney to my knowledge....but im not as old as Invictus or rick or the other older membbers here...
SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Thanks, twr.

I'm going to let this go over the weekend to see if late entry/darkhorse Carl Mauck can overtake Stepnoski. Then on Monday we'll look at WHY the tight end didn't CHECK back into our offense until '94! Wink

it took me so long to figure out why those words were in bold......and i KNOW who frank wycheck is....very VERY slow moment....

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: