Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

pats sign dwight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeXter Reid420

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: pats sign dwight Reply with quote

the pats have signed free agent WR Tim Dwight to a one year deal according to patriots.com
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, stupid move hate it to death. Why sign a 5-8 injury prone WR..very bad move. WHAT are the PATRIOTS doing?

Jgoldiscool on the sig
andrew91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like dwight....but I am not sure I like us having him...but still....in Bill we trust

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hollywood relax brother... i didn't like the idea at first either..but i've come around on it.

Even if we use him souly as a Punt returner he can help us. Browns gone for now remember. And our PR blows. So hes an upgrade there. And hes a burner!! having him and bethel johnson both tearing up turf as they rocket down field in a 5 wide set is going to create alot of holes in defences.

I think it will work out nicely.
I still hope we at least throw some money at plex....why not try!?!?!

He turned down 6 years/20mil from the giants...ok so he wants more then that....and it being the giants may have played a role....

So what if we offered 5 years/21mil and a 3mil signing bonus and some insentives for production.
Doesn't seem bad...and it can be created to be cap friendly

1st year - 2.2 mil + 3mil S.B
2nd year - 3.3 mil
3rd year - 4.8 mil / $500,000 bonus for 1000 yards
4th year - 5.0 mil
5th year - 5.7 mil / $700,000 bonus for 10 td's

I think that could be appealing. But i don't know what he wants...but it would be better then the g-men offer. And its an instant chance to win.

Last edited by Canadian_Patriot on Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
andrew91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I would hate getting Plex after what he said about us, and I think he hasnt proven himself yet...plus he would be a third stringer....I mean we need to give Deion the starting job, and David has just been great

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Burress.

You're talking about a guy that was upset playing for a 15-1 team.

There is no making that guy happy except for the green. Thats not a Patriot player, once he gets his money, he'll sit on his [inappropriate/removed]. I want no part of Burress as a Patriot.

If we signed Burress, itd mean the end of Givens, and Id rather have him than Burress.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: