You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sad Day to be a Titans Fan
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
I think everyone in the league is sad to see him go. He deserved to be a Titan when he retires. I can honestly say he scared the hell out of me in Super Bowl XXXIV on the final drive when KEvin Carter had him in a sack, and he somehow escaped only to throw the ball 30 yards downfield. That was one of the better plays I have seen, and maybe the second best in Titan history (Music City Miracle). He was a class act, I never saw him frown in the years he was in Tennessee.


rams fans.....*twitch*.....i hate rams fans Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coleman51


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 2775
Location: Hendersonville, TN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the last Oiler became the newest Raven. Turning into the Baltimore Titans now. We all knew it was coming, but I was of course hanging on to that .00001% possibility of him staying.
_________________

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."


RIP Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titanrick


FF Fanatic

Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Posts: 12030
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
I think everyone in the league is sad to see him go. He deserved to be a Titan when he retires. I can honestly say he scared the hell out of me in Super Bowl XXXIV on the final drive when KEvin Carter had him in a sack, and he somehow escaped only to throw the ball 30 yards downfield. That was one of the better plays I have seen, and maybe the second best in Titan history (Music City Miracle). He was a class act, I never saw him frown in the years he was in Tennessee.


That play and Eddie forcing his way into the end zone are the two plays I remember most from that Super Bowl. Of course that's after years of therapy to erase the final play from my memory...
_________________


Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

VOLEK CAN NOT START AND BE SUCCESSFUL!


Stats prove you worng very very bad deeluxx....When Volek was starting we were one of the worse teams in the league,and our defense was god awful....We were injured and playing poorly as a team as a whole offensive weapons were injured we were lacking a true running game,and our defense only had 2 starters still starting from the beginning of the season...and to sit there and blame the losses on Volek is just plain rediculous...Volek did his part he put the ball where it needed to go,and he is top of the list in most yardages by a QB in his first 10 starts,and now we have a much healthier team,a more youthful better O-Line and more weapons on Offense ranging from David Givens to Ben Troupe or Drew Bennett to Erron Kinney to running the ball with C.Brown or LenDale White,or even Travis Henry....To even going with Bo Scaife or the young guns at WR....even Wade...

Also our defense will be much better which will keep Volek off the field much longer....Volek will be asked to not loose games.....he wont be asked to win them,but just to not loose them by making bad decsions which in his career playing time so far he hasnt seemed to do that soo much in his little expierence
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LightsOutDance


Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he shouldve stayed with the titans.

chargers fan here btw but, who knows in a couple of years vince young could turn out to be even better than mcnair.

nd about losing your franchise qb, don't worry, if u need any help, us charger fans know exactly how crappy it feels to see ur franchise qb go away ... Confused

i persoanlyl thought he should have stayed for a year or two just so he could teach vince somethings but i ugess u guys got screwed over once before by cap troubles nd didnt want it to happen again so its all understandable.
_________________
#21, #85, #56
need i say more?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PacAttack


Joined: 27 Dec 2005
Posts: 1899
Location: Rkansaw aka "Hawg Heaven"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've always been big against the Ravens, but now, I have to admit, I will secretly be pushing for them (unless they're playing the Titans, of course) and hoping that they make a playoff push. I really would like to see McNair contending in the playoffs...which is where great QB's should be.
Go Ravens Wink
_________________

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 14430
Location: Chicago/NYC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans will return wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

VOLEK CAN NOT START AND BE SUCCESSFUL!


Stats prove you worng very very bad deeluxx....When Volek was starting we were one of the worse teams in the league,and our defense was god awful....We were injured and playing poorly as a team as a whole offensive weapons were injured we were lacking a true running game,and our defense only had 2 starters still starting from the beginning of the season...and to sit there and blame the losses on Volek is just plain rediculous...Volek did his part he put the ball where it needed to go,and he is top of the list in most yardages by a QB in his first 10 starts,and now we have a much healthier team,a more youthful better O-Line and more weapons on Offense ranging from David Givens to Ben Troupe or Drew Bennett to Erron Kinney to running the ball with C.Brown or LenDale White,or even Travis Henry....To even going with Bo Scaife or the young guns at WR....even Wade...

Also our defense will be much better which will keep Volek off the field much longer....Volek will be asked to not loose games.....he wont be asked to win them,but just to not loose them by making bad decsions which in his career playing time so far he hasnt seemed to do that soo much in his little expierence


the stats are that Volek was 2-9 (or 2-Cool as a starter. You are gonna tell me that our team was all hurt all those games? no! I dont care how many passing yards he has. you could throw for 1000 yards in a game, but if you lose, that doesnt matter.

I remember 2 years ago when the titans played the bears (i remember because it was me against my family Wink). The bears were just as pathetic as we were that game, and even though the score didnt show it, we were out of it the whole game. Volek didnt make things happen against a poor team.

all im saying is that i think that Volek is a top 3 backup, but nothing more.

and one more thing...NEVER MENTION BOBBY WADE as a possible decent receiver. I've seen him muff enough punt returns and was disgusted when the titans picked him up. Wink
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Invictus


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 1475
Location: Grand Prairie, TEXAS
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pac, add Matthews to that sig and you got yourself a beaut!


Just think guys. At this very moment, somewhere in America, there's a kid enjoying his summer of swimming, watching cartoons and eating his family out of house and home getting ready to start at QB for his 7th grade Jr. High School football team. He will one day replace Vince Young....and we will continue to move forward.

GL to McNair as he rejoins D-Mase, Samari and the rest to give the Steelers and Bengals a run. Unfortunately, I think he's gonna get killed behind that swiss cheese O-line the Ravens have Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
pac, add Matthews to that sig and you got yourself a beaut!


Just think guys. At this very moment, somewhere in America, there's a kid enjoying his summer of swimming, watching cartoons and eating his family out of house and home getting ready to start at QB for his 7th grade Jr. High School football team. He will one day replace Vince Young....and we will continue to move forward.

GL to McNair as he rejoins D-Mase, Samari and the rest to give the Steelers and Bengals a run. Unfortunately, I think he's gonna get killed behind that swiss cheese O-line the Ravens have Rolling Eyes


they do got Jonathan Ogden...

but thats about it Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChowTime


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 262
Location: VA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If you scroll down a bit there is an interesting read titled "McNair Deal Criticized"

Like I said before I'm glad that we got at least sumthing in return for McNair's departure, unlike Eddie's. It states a couple things that some of us has been saying about him the past year or so about his age, durability, and level of play. I knew that it was jsut a matter of time that we were going to release him and after reading this short article it seems that other NFL GMs and associates feel that paying that type of money for a QB nearing the end of his career is crazy, just like Reese probaly thought. At first I was hoping the deal that we got was for a 4th rounder that could turn into a 3rd, but I guess the the actually deal was for a straight up 4th round pick in this years draft, which isnt too bad seeing the circumstances. If the Ravens have a bad year then we could end up having better part of this deal, with stealing an extra pick.
_________________
I need help with a new Sig. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titansfan4ever2


Joined: 02 Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Location: Biddeford, Maine
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
I think everyone in the league is sad to see him go. He deserved to be a Titan when he retires. I can honestly say he scared the hell out of me in Super Bowl XXXIV on the final drive when KEvin Carter had him in a sack, and he somehow escaped only to throw the ball 30 yards downfield. That was one of the better plays I have seen, and maybe the second best in Titan history (Music City Miracle). He was a class act, I never saw him frown in the years he was in Tennessee.


I am sad to see him go but it is something we need to do. He does not deserve $12 million a year. Steve is on the end of his career and we need the cap space. Now we are 9 million under. Ty Law? thatd be great thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack wrote:
Well, I've always been big against the Ravens, but now, I have to admit, I will secretly be pushing for them (unless they're playing the Titans, of course) and hoping that they make a playoff push. I really would like to see McNair contending in the playoffs...which is where great QB's should be.


first of all....SICK sig!!!!!!

2nd....i agree with you for a couple reasons....i want to see McNair, Mason and Samari succeed and (in a colder sense) i want that 3rd rounder Embarassed .....

finally, for deeluxx3.....football is the ULTIMATE team sport....you cant blame a loss on one player unless it was a last minute feild goal or something......the argument youre using is the same argument people were using against Cutler in the draft....Volek has what it takes to start in this league and with all the weapons we have he should put up decent numbers.....
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deeluxx3


Hot Shot Crew
Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 14430
Location: Chicago/NYC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:

finally, for deeluxx3.....football is the ULTIMATE team sport....you cant blame a loss on one player unless it was a last minute feild goal or something......the argument youre using is the same argument people were using against Cutler in the draft....Volek has what it takes to start in this league and with all the weapons we have he should put up decent numbers.....


yes shaved i know that. (its funny because i was just thinking about that). But the QB is by far the most important position on the field. He is calling the shots and its up to him to know when to audible.



you know what! i just changed my mind. i know that volek is OK. i meant that by not being sucessfull is not getting a winning record. but i wonder though, even tho were a better team than last year, if Mac could only get us 4 wins, how can Volek do better.


this might be the sickest thing in sports...go to NFL.com Mad

is anyone else just extremely angry that McNair is gone?
_________________

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was watching SportsCenter today and guess who threw out the first pitch at the Baltimore Oriole game??

well you guessed, Steve McNair........
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group