Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should eagles move up in the draft? If so who do they target
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeaverBeastly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade with detroit we need to trade down

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard alot of talk about how Derrick Johnson could fall to the 10th spot where the Lions are picking.

would you guys draft him or attempt to trade down, would you say that the #31, #35, #94 and our 6th rounder would be enough for the Lions to take the trade.

I wish our Eagles will take LB into consideration and try and grab Derrick Johnson if he is available! we need him on our defense!!!!!
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyFan wrote:
id like that too happen but hopefully through someone like Freddie Mitchell and keep the late 2nd or early 3rd.

This is a serious question by the way, not a rip on Freddie Mitchell. Do you really think that Freddie Mitchell is worth a late 2nd/early 3rd?

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
JBlovethosebirds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ! Mitchell = 5 at the best
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i now see the error of my ways.

i know freddie isn't worth the same value as the late second or early third but i want to get him the hell out of Philly, notice how i said HOPEFULLY aswell, ur trade suggests alot of draft picks and im sure if u take one of the picks out and throw freddie in it wouldnt make that much of a difference. Browns are still getting 6 picks as you suggested.

Too much to give up to move up to the #3 spot anyway. Doubt it is gonna happen.
hype4bid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna play a little devils advocate. Freddie Mitchell can be a productive #2 WR somewhere except in Philly. Id posted my opinions about Fredex a while back, so keep in mind that this can be a little redundant. He is the 4th and 26 guy, not that fast but has good hands, how many TDs did he had in that playoff game vs. the Vikngs?, caught that bomb from McNabb during the Monday night game, is a good blocker, but has a big mouth, He does not know how to handle the media. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. More then likely, a draft day trade is possible. I agree with ya Freddie=5th rounder, maybe attach some conditional clauses base on his performance.
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
The reason it's going to be tough for teams to trade up this year, is because Mike Nolan (San Francisco Head Coach) was quoted as saying that this year's Top 5 propsects in the draft are better then last years. I'm not saying his word is bond, but it's something to think about. If he believes that, I'm sure other teams believe that. So if they were to trade up, it might just be a little bit tougher then expected.

are you saying you agree with nolan?
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt it will be that difficult to trade up into the top 5 considering that the majority of the teams in the top 5 are looking t trade down due to the salary of the players and the fact they have more holes to fill than just one.

a few teams would be able to make a decent package that i think one of the top 5 teams will bite on.

cleveland has been wanting to trade down forever, as have san fran but now it seems they will sit at #1 and take Aaron Rodgers. I think the bears are targetting Benson and believe they could acquire him with a later pick.

at the moment it seems cleveland will most likely trade out of their pick. followed by the Titans. draft day trades.
trice25asn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 13 picks (14 if Simon is traded) this year, I can almost guarantee they will trade up. Why else would they stockpile so many picks with only about 5 or 6 real spots open. (FB, WR, TE, G, LB, DT if Simon is traded)The late round picks would be used for depth but for real quality players, they WILL move up.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them to get DJ. People will say that they don't value LBs, right? Didn't people say that they don't spend big free agent money (JKearse) and they don't trade for trouble making, aging superstars (TO, he is 32 guys). Then hey, they don't value LBs. Next thing you know, they trade up for DJ. Oh I'd love it.

They have the money, they have the draft picks, and they definately have the need. Why not? Watch, AR is going to do something that nobody in this forum is going to expect. Just like the past 2 years.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Eagles will trade to probaly the Ravens spot with only spending a 1st and their 2nd. Sounds good if they trade up, I would like to see them target Clayton just because all the scouts rave about how he will dominate in a West Coast Offence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: