Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should eagles move up in the draft? If so who do they target
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shill213

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Should eagles move up in the draft? If so who do they target Reply with quote

With an abundance of draft picks in the eagle's hands, and with the eagles moving up in the previous 2 drafts, do you see the eagles moving up? If so who would they target? Personally I would like to see the eagles move up to around the 15 spot and nab Troy Williamson to complement Owens and Lewis. Or possibly moving into the top 7-8 and select DJ. Let me know what you guys think.

1 More year of school down in Texas and I will be up in Philly rootin the eagles on!!! You have some loyal fans down here in TX who HATE the cowboys!!!!!!!
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've traded up the last two years

Jerome McDougle and Shawn Andrews.....

If we do trade up it should be for a LB or OLB

ID LOVE to get Shawne Merriman...270 pounds ran a 4.5 in the 40.

Yeah what a pass rush force with Kearse on the other side that would be. We'll see how long Drew Bledsoe lasts with that
Titans2004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was coming to the site to post a question about what the heck you guys are going to do with all your draft picks and this thread looks like it is already addressing that issue...but with the extra comp picks you guys are going to get I think you will have 13-14 draft picks this yr...you guys don't have 13-14 roster spots to fill...i think you guys will move up in several rnds to grab the guys you want while unloading some of the later draft picks...I'm very envious of your situation...who do you see targeting with the 1st 2 picks...
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the worst drafts in quite a while to trade up in, the players at 31 and 35 will be just as talented as anyone the combination of those picks could move us up to get. This is a solid depth draft with no big names, I could see the Eagles say after using the 31st and 35th moving up from their second pick in the second for a player they want.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
SIERK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definitely going to have to make a move with some of their draft picks. They just don't have the roster spots. The leading "compensatory draft pick guru" is predicting the Eagles will get 2 5th rounders, 1 6th, and 1 7th, which adds up to 13 picks. That is kind of nuts. 6th and 7th rounders are kind of throw-away picks anyway, but I hope that anyone drafted in the first 5 rounds makes the roster, and we've probably got 10 of those picks.

Not sure there are a lot of guys I'd want to trade up for.

At WR, only worth trading WAY up to get Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. If the Titans would take the 31, 35, and FredEx for #6, I'd be hard pressed to not do that deal. Doubt that'd be enough, though.

I can't see trading up for an elite RB. Andy just doesn't like running enough. I'd like Brown or Cadillac, but I'm thinking Ryan Moats later in the draft is much more likely.

Trading up a bit for Heath Miller at TE might happen, if he's still there around #20-ish. With Chad probably gone, that would be great having 2 good pass-catching TE's.

O-Line is a weak drafting position this year, it seems. The top guards (Elton Brown and David Baas) will probably be available at 31 and 35. Not sure it'd be worth trading up for one of the tackles... who you'd then be grooming to replace Tre in 2007.

Safety is more of a concern now that J.R. might not be back. But no one worth trading up for in the 1st.

No need for another elite CB.

I can't see them trading up for a LB. They tend to undervalue LB's in general.

D-Line is a definite possibility. Merriman might be Mamula/McDougle part 3, though. D-Tackle is pretty weak this year for elite prospects. Plenty of DE's that to me seem like they might be all around the same talent level.

Later round possibilities:
2 3rd's for a 2nd round pick between 55 and 60
2 5ths for a mid-4th
a 3rd for a 2006 2nd
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why trade up they dont really need a big name guy in any postion
wynalda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

throw out those draft value trade up charts ! sf would take our 31 and 35 for the no 1 imo. miami would too.as would the browns. so if we really want a wr or rb this is the year.also trade all the 7 th 6th 5th and 4th to move up 2nd and both 3rds. hope to draft a wr dl ol te . sign a free agent yes fa will still be available at rb .only the stud wr will see major minutes
aafroe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
throw out those draft value trade up charts ! sf would take our 31 and 35 for the no 1 imo. miami would too.as would the browns.

No. They would not . Ever. Those teams might not take 11 and 20, much less 31+35. NFL teams go by those charts, they are not just arbitrary.

Sorry if I sound harsh but your opinion does not matter here. That would NEVER happen.NEVER.
TheFreak93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i would really like to see the eagles get another key reciever for future references to back up pinkston.Im really lookin at jerome mathis right now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be possible to trade our 31st and 62nd to either KC or NO and grab Troy Williamson.

he has great speed and isn't rated that much lesser than Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. He would be an upgrade over Pinkston because hes faster than him to begin with (one of the reason we keep Pinkston) and isnt afraid to go over the middle

i belive he'd be able to take over TO in a few years time.

Do you guys think he could or would be a great EAGLE?

The guy i drool over if Derrick Johnson but Very Happy i would love to have him on our team with his speed and play making ability. he would go good with our defense and Jimmy Johnson i belive would marry that kid. lol
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Steelers fans are really welcomed into your Forum, but I had to give an opinion on this. Believe it or not, I could actually see the Eagles trading up with the Cleveland Browns at the #3 spot. The deal would have to look something like this...

Cleveland Browns:
2nd Round Pick (2006)

Philadelphia Eagles:

With that pick, the Eagles could draft Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson. Whoever that they saw fit to draft. Imagine Terrell Owens and Williams/Edwards. It would be insane I think.
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

although Ben i am a fan of trading up, AR and the rest of the front office wont be keen on giving up that much because they don't believe in drafting just one specific player. id like that too happen but hopefully through someone like Freddie Mitchell and keep the late 2nd or early 3rd.

i like the idea of going up but again its abit much to give up. wouldnt mind it though Very Happy
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyFan wrote:
I think it would be possible to trade our 31st and 62nd to either KC or NO and grab Troy Williamson.

he has great speed and isn't rated that much lesser than Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards. He would be an upgrade over Pinkston because hes faster than him to begin with (one of the reason we keep Pinkston) and isnt afraid to go over the middle

i belive he'd be able to take over TO in a few years time.

Do you guys think he could or would be a great EAGLE?

The guy i drool over if Derrick Johnson but Very Happy i would love to have him on our team with his speed and play making ability. he would go good with our defense and Jimmy Johnson i belive would marry that kid. lol
yes i think we should trade up to grab williamson and agree that 31 and 62 is almost enough to get it done. maybe toss in a fifth
wynalda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aafroe wrote:
Quote:
throw out those draft value trade up charts ! sf would take our 31 and 35 for the no 1 imo. miami would too.as would the browns.

No. They would not . Ever. Those teams might not take 11 and 20, much less 31+35. NFL teams go by those charts, they are not just arbitrary.

Sorry if I sound harsh but your opinion does not matter here. That would NEVER happen.NEVER.
easy down boy ! hey its my opinion that the trade value charts are just someones opinion...not a stone cold mortal lock ..so lighten up aafroe. i just think sf miami and clev would all like to trade back and get more picks. we just disagree on our opinions on the value of the no 1- 3 picks
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it's going to be tough for teams to trade up this year, is because Mike Nolan (San Francisco Head Coach) was quoted as saying that this year's Top 5 propsects in the draft are better then last years. I'm not saying his word is bond, but it's something to think about. If he believes that, I'm sure other teams believe that. So if they were to trade up, it might just be a little bit tougher then expected.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: