Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injured Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Washington played in oakland, new england in a 3-4 and chicago in a 4-3.
Sam Adams has only played in a 4-3 in his career. If your goin to say somethin say it right.
Ted Washington does not get 70 tackles a season. Neither does Adams.
Just stick to college football seminoles.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
Ted Washington played in oakland, new england in a 3-4 and chicago in a 4-3.
Sam Adams has only played in a 4-3 in his career. If your goin to say somethin say it right.
Ted Washington does not get 70 tackles a season. Neither does Adams.
Just stick to college football seminoles.

Really? Ted Washington only played on those teams. Thats weird because this link, http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/1800/ , says that he also played for San Fran, Denver, and Buffalo. But i guess those teams don't count or SI.com is lying. And if you look at years 1996 and 1997, he had 63 and 70 tackles. I guess you should be the one getting the facts straight. And i must make a correction, i meant to say Sam Adams plays in a 4-3 earlier. But when you say that also, your just helping me out. By playing in the same defense as Haynesworth, he has produced more at the age of about 33 than Haynesworth has at 24. If you ask me, your just helping me prove my point. Nice try though.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bulluckthebeast"]
seminoles1 wrote:
If Haynseworth is the key to our successful run defense, then how come are D sucked last year.quote]

Did you miss the part where he didn't play in six games? Seminoles, do you have something against Haynesworth? I can understand your argument, but it's like you don't even want the guy to become a great player.

I would like him to become a great player, but i don't ever think it will happen. The second his name was called in the draft, i thought the Titans made a mistake. And thus far, it was a mistake to take him that high. He hasn't produced on the field, he can't stay healthy, etc. I still don't get why people take DT's so high. For every good DT taken in the 1st round, there are 3 busts.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I would like him to become a great player, but i don't ever think it will happen. The second his name was called in the draft, i thought the Titans made a mistake. And thus far, it was a mistake to take him that high. He hasn't produced on the field, he can't stay healthy, etc.

Why don't you think it will happen? He's improved his work ethic ( which was his main problem), he's very fast for a DT, he gets off the line quickly, he's pretty strong, and he's all over the field. I will admit he does seem to have some injury problems, but at least it's not the same injury over and over again. If I do remeber right he never had injury problems at UT so he can stay healthy. He has everything going for him. I just don't see why he won't be a dominating DT.

I still don't get why people take DT's so high. For every good DT taken in the 1st round, there are 3 busts.[/quote]

I can kind of agree with that, but there are also players like Stroud, Henderson, Haynewsworth, Williams, etc. I do think DT's are a little risky to take in the first because there are busts like Ryan Simms.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't include Haynesworth in that list because he hasn't done [inappropriate/removed]. Sure he's big, pretty fast, but people said the same thing about Ryan Sims, Jonathan Sullivan, Gerrard Warren, Chris Hovan, Reggie McGrew, Jason Peter, Leon Bender, etc. He is mediocre until he proves he can be good.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit bein so damn particular. Yeah i seen Ted go over 70 takcles twice, who honeslty gives a [inappropriate/removed]. And look who Sam Adams is surrounded by.
The first couple of years Haynesworth hasnt been dedicated until this offseason. Hes finally healthy. So yeah i would say he will surprise people if you dont think so, just shut the hell up. I dont care whos right or wrong. Just shut the hell up. You aint startin anything with me.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rate Haynesworth as a good player and he has the potential to be one of the best in the NFL. He has upped his work ethic during his time with the Titans and if he can stay injury free he can be a phenomonal player.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
Quit bein so damn particular. Yeah i seen Ted go over 70 takcles twice, who honeslty gives a ****. And look who Sam Adams is surrounded by.
The first couple of years Haynesworth hasnt been dedicated until this offseason. Hes finally healthy. So yeah i would say he will surprise people if you dont think so, just shut the hell up. I dont care whos right or wrong. Just shut the hell up. You aint startin anything with me.

Wow, you are taking this pretty seriously. I didn't think a debate could get you fired up so much. Are you just made because you are wrong? I think it is because suddenly you just start yelling when you don't have a point in the argument. Very mature. And i still don't get how anyone can say Haynesworth is good. I admit, he CAN be good. But he has a career high 27 tackles and 2.5 sacks. That's not even mediocre. I would expect that from Jared Clauss if he started 10 games in a season. Yet again Titansfan#1, when you say he hasn't even played a full year, you are wrong again. Rokkie season, 16 games 21 tackles 1 sack. Man, you just can't seem to get anything right these days. Maybe you just just read for a while and post when you know you are right.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know i just dont like you because your a bastard and i think alot of people will agree.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
Know i just dont like you because your a bastard and i think alot of people will agree.

I don't know how i'm a bastard because i won an argument with you. You just seem to me that you are the worst loser on this board. People might think i'm a bastard, but at least i'm not an idiot.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titangreins posted something like this, but I'll post it again.
Will both of you stop with all of the name calling. It's becoming annoying and it makes both of you sound like your a little teenagers. Both of you can supply valid arguments without using the words idiot, bastard, etc.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ok....
titangreins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, people who browse probably won't want to read that stuff or respond. They go on to the next site. Let's act like adults, unless you aren't if you aren't you should be in bed by now or in school during the day.

BTW IMO - Titans are taking a center with the #6 overall pick................
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be completely honest I am one of those people who should be in bed, but let's keep that a secret.

You're absolutely right , Greins. We will without a doubt take a C at #6 unless Nugent really shows something at his pro day. Wink

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick my nose at 6.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: