Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise OG of All-time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the greatest OG tandem in Titans franchise history?
Munchak / Talamini
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
Munchak / Bishop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bishop / Talamini
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise OG of All-time Reply with quote

Week 5 of "The Franchise's Greatest" moves inside to Offensive Guard. Here's what the team looks like so far:

QB: Steve McNair
RB: Earl Campbell
WR: Charley Hennigan and Derrick Mason
OT: Bruce Matthews and Brad Hopkins

This week we have one more shoe-in and a two-way race for the second Guard spot. We'll induct the top two OG's into our all-time team. Since we can't vote multiple times, I listed all possible combos.

Offensive Guard:

Mike Munchak: Munchak was selected 8th overall in the 1982 NFL Draft out of Penn State. He won the starting LG spot in training camp and never looked back. Twelve years later, he had made nine Pro-Bowls, all as a member of the Houston Oilers. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2001.

Bob Talamini: Talamini played 8 years for the Oilers (1960 - 1967) and was named to six consecutive AFL All-star games. He blocked for George Blanda but left the Oilers for the Jets in 1968. His career ended as the Jets pulled the upset in SB III over the Baltimore Colts.

Sonny Bishop: Bishop was an alumnus of Fresno State and played eight years in pro football. He played for the Oilers for six years (1964-1969) and was an all-star in 1968.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really know much about the older guys except for munchak.
but from reading what titanrick said about the other guys it seems like a nobrainer for munchak and talamini

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacman=future wrote:
...reading what titanrick said about the other guys it seems like a nobrainer for munchak and talamini

Yeah, unless I'm forgetting someone this won't be our most difficult decision.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Matthews played Guard in 39 games during his career while Munch was there. I know we already mentioned Bruce with the tackles but he played just as many games at Center and guard combined as he did at tackle. Jus a note but yeah, based on the given list it is a no brainer.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just figured if we allowed him to be eligible at multiple positions, he'd have three of the five spots on our all-time line... which seems a little hokey. So I put him at tackle because after Hopkins, there weren't many other options. Aside from Munch and Bruce, we haven't had a whole lot of distinguished O-Linemen. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: