You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mathis breaks bone in foot; may miss start of season

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuggaLotus

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Mathis breaks bone in foot; may miss start of season Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans | Mathis breaks bone in foot; may miss start of season
Wed, 31 May 2006 13:31:48 -0700

Carmine Pirone, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans KR/WR Jerome Mathis (foot), who is coming off a Pro Bowl selection as a kick returner, may be forced to miss the start of the 2006 season with a broken bone in his left foot. The operation to fix the injury will take place Friday, June 2, and he will be advised to stay off the foot for about eight weeks. If the foot heals faster than expected, he may return sooner, but the team is making arrangements in case he will not be available. WR Jake Schifino and RB Wali Lundy were given some reps returning kicks in practice Wednesday, May 31, and the team will continue to evaluate possible replacements.

Man that sucks, I hope he is back for the start of the season. You guys are my surprise team, not to make the playoffs, but to go at about 8-8. He is the man at KR/PR, I think he could turn into a great deep threat as well.

Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should've known something bad happened to Mathis. That's the only time you post in the Texans forum Wink

JuggaLotus wrote:
Quote:
Texans | J. Mathis injured in accident
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:29:25 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Houston Texans WR/KR Jerome Mathis (hands) was injured in a motorcycle accident. He suffered hand injuries, but the injuries do not appear to be serious.

Just thought I would pass on the news.

On a serious note, this really sucks. How much time is he expected to miss?

^LORK 88^
Texantype

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Mathis Reply with quote

I hope that kid loved riding that motorcycle or whatever he crashed on, because he sure is paying for it. Who knows whether he will recover his former physical abilities.

I personally don't understand why the Texans don't have a proviso in their player contracts that if the player indulges in hazardous activties such as this that they pay a heavy monetary penalty if they are hurt. Remember Kellen Winslow, Jr. ? Mad
LJ4MVP_KC4Ever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he does not miss any games, really fun to see him return kickoffs.
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mathis Reply with quote

Texantype wrote:
I hope that kid loved riding that motorcycle or whatever he crashed on, because he sure is paying for it. Who knows whether he will recover his former physical abilities.

I personally don't understand why the Texans don't have a proviso in their player contracts that if the player indulges in hazardous activties such as this that they pay a heavy monetary penalty if they are hurt. Remember Kellen Winslow, Jr. ? Mad

I'm pretty sure that there is a clause in the contracts about this. I remember Winslow had to repay part of his signing bonus for getting hurt while riding that bike. And in the NBA, Jay Williams could have been cut without pay once he got hurt. The leagues have this clause about players taking stupid chances, and if they do then the team isn't responsible for their contract. Not sure the exact wording, but there is something.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: