Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Updated Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: New Updated Offseason Reply with quote

Trade this years 2nd and next years 4th for Patrick Surtain.

Trade the 15th overall pick and next years 5th round to Balt for their first and second

1 22.Kevin Burnett OLB Tenn.
This will be Barbers replacement, and when he comes back he will have to earn his spot back from this rookie
2 53.Roddy White WR UAB/Jerome Mathis WR Hampton
WR has always been a need fo rus, and one of these two guys can fill that need. Mathis has the big play ability and Roddy has great hands.
3*for Tait*96.Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
He is raw with great athelitic talent, under Gunther the kid should become the next James Hasty
4 110.Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut
Trent is getting up there, I am the biggest Green fan but he needs an understudy. Dan Orlovsky is a lot like Trent so I think he could teach the pocket awarnesses and presence that makes Trent so great.
5 138.James Sanders SS Fresno State
He isn't much in coverage, but he is a head hunter. He is punishing in the run, and our defense can always use help when it comes to the run.
5 141.Kyle Eckel FB Navy
Has navy commement but we still have T Rich this pick is an investment after T Rich retires Kyle Eckel will step in, the can move when he has the ball and is a great blocker.
5 153.Jerden Beck Cal Poly
Best Div 1 AA defender, Jared Allen worked out great so I think he is worth the pick.
6 172.Larry Burt DT Miami Ohio
A big boy to fill the middle and help out our front 4
6 184Adam Snyder OG Oregon
This kid has a hit you in the mouth attitude that our future O line needs. He could also play RT a very athletic lineman
7 215.Bam Childress WR Ohio State
His cousin is Champ Baily. He has played RB/WR/CB. We could use him anywhere, it is always a steal to get this veristail a player with this late a pick.

As you can see most of the draft is for the defense but I threw in some Offensive picks because it never hurts to look ahead. So get me some feed back what do you guys like, or dislike. We have less then two months untill the draft

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad mock, although I don't know Burnett is going to make his way that high. If he goes first, it'll be in the last two or three picks of the round. Darryl Blackstock has a chance of rising that high, though. Thomas Davis should also be considered, although he's probably a better fit for Fujita's weakside spot.

The main problem I have is using a 5th round pick on a fullback in general. Not to mention a guy who won't be available for two years. The fullback position is becoming an anachronism in the NFL to start with. Teams just don't use it any more. I'd just as soon use the pick looking for a player who might be able to replace Derrick Blaylock as a third down back to spell Priest Holmes.

On another note, it is going to be damn near impossible to trade down in this year's draft. And if a player that teams would be willing to trade up for does fall to us, we might consider drafted him. When I think of players teams might be willing to trade up for, it comes down to defensive players. And if Derrick Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Shawn Merriman, or Pac Man Jones are there, we better go ahead and pull that trigger. Maybe one of the big three runningbacks lasts longer, but it's not likely. Maybe we can find someone in the market for a left tackle if Alex Barron lasts this long. But there is no doubt this is going to be a dry market for draft day trades with everyone wanting to move down in the first round.

I like the Sanders and Childress picks.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well who would you pick instead of Kyle Eckel. And have you ever seen him play? I saw him go forty yards breaking three tackles, he reminds me of Mike Alstot. It is deffenitly a future pick but I think the reason our offense is so great is because we have the best FB out there in T Rich and this kid has that potential. I did think about Thomas Davis with his combine he is better fit for OLB and at that position he would have great cover skills to cover top notch TE.

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think the FB position in the T Rich sense of it is about to go the way of polio. Look in the league and there are less and less plays involving fullbacks every week. You see alot of two tight end sets and alot of three and four wide receiver formations. Also, interior linemen on the whole are smaller and more athletic now. You see centers and guards downfield doing blocks that fullbacks would be doing a decade ago. Plus every team now has one tight end assigned to catching the ball and one tight end assigned to blocking.

Of course it will probably mount a glorious comeback in a decade and be new again.

With that pick, I'd probably look for a halfback. You should always take at least one runningback. I'd look for a guy to spell Holmes on third down.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade this years 2nd and next years 4th for Patrick Surtain.
sign Hartwell, resign Fujita for dirt cheap 'Very Happy'

1 15. Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
His understanding of the game is amazing, will be a great #1 reciever
3*for Tait*96. Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
He is raw with great athelitic talent, under Gunther the kid should become the next James Hasty
4 110. Dan Orlovsky QB Connecticut
Trent is getting up there, I am the biggest Green fan but he needs an understudy. Dan Orlovsky is a lot like Trent so I think he could teach the pocket awarnesses and presence that makes Trent so great.
5 138. James Sanders SS Fresno State
He isn't much in coverage, but he is a head hunter. He is punishing in the run, and our defense can always use help when it comes to the run.
5 141. Jason Jefferson DT Wisconsin
He has the motor and the drive to make it big in the NFL, he is a great run stopper and needs to work on his pass rush, but our defense needs to stuff the run.
5 153. Jerden Beck Cal Poly
Best Div 1 AA defender, Jared Allen worked out great so I think he is worth the pick.
6 172. Larry Burt DT Miami Ohio
A big boy to fill the middle and help out our front 4
6 184. Adam Snyder OG Oregon
This kid has a hit you in the mouth attitude that our future O line needs. He could also play RT a very athletic lineman
7 215. Bam Childress WR Ohio State
His cousin is Champ Baily. He has played RB/WR/CB. We could use him anywhere, it is always a steal to get this veristail a player with this late a pick.

Defense Starters 2005
DE Hicks
DT Sims
DT Savaii
DE Allen

OLB Fujita
MLB Hartwell
OLB BEll

CB Warfield
SS Wesley
FS Knight/Woods
CB Surtain
Nickle Sapp
Dime Perkins

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: