Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AB is garbage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsrule

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: AB is garbage. Reply with quote

15 Qb's I'd rather have than AB.

1. P. Manning
2. T. Brady
3. D. McNabb
4. D. Culpepper
5. B. Roethlisberger
6. B. Favre
7. M. Vick
8. D. Brees
9. C. Pennington
10. J. Delhomme
11. B. Leftwich
12. M. Bulger
13. B. Griese
14. T. Green
15. K. Warner

You could probably switch them around a little and there may be some you could add or replace, but there is no way that AB is even among the top 15 qb's. At least not yet. And he will have to get a lot SMARTER to ever be. He threw a pass backwards to no one last year. He craps himself everytime protection breaks down. David Carr didn't even freak out like that as a rookie with the worst o-line ever, and he's not even on the list.
Armyscout

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those guys are spoken for. Who's out there and Available to bring in and replace AB?

I think Mike Sheppard might be AB's saving grace. He is gonna dumb down the offense, they call it simplify, I call it dumbing down for a highly talented athelete but not so bright QB.
If that doesn't work, he has brought in a few no namers Finlen and Kingsbury.
My idea would be to draft a Smart QB somewhere after the 4th round. You don't have to be athleteticly gifted to excel in the QB position. You gotta have the size and experience, but the key is intelligence.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the best idea I have heard because AB is completely unable to make decisions quickly in a difficult offense, he makes the wrong decision far too often, he has great talent and amazing athleticism, but doesn't use it correctly. I think dumbing the offense down should make him look much better, but if this doesn't work he should be traded or cut next year.
jimfrotch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike McCarthy didn't utilize AB like he should've. I would put money down that the Saints threw the ball in the red zone more times than they ran it. And when it was 3rd and 2, you could be sure McCarthy had AB in shotgun. Why? (when Duece could fall forward for 3 yards) And when our O-Line was getting creamed, they should have rolled AB out of the pocket. Hopefully "common sense" will be used this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: