Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derrick Johnson....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Derrick Johnson.... Reply with quote

Now I know many of you say that Derrick Johnson CANNOT play in the 3-4... Well, I was reading a qoute from MONTE KIFFIN (one of the best defense coordinators in the league) and he and some other D-coordinators do believe that he could easily fit in the 3-4 defense..... I would trust Kiffin's judgement, and I think if Romeo and Phil draft him, we gotta trust that they also believe this...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes, whoever Savage and Crennel draft I will love, obviously .(with a great big exception when it comes to Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers)

Ronnie Brown, if he is available and they pass on him, I will be shocked and pissed. But if he is off the board, then its up to them (provided no QB) what to do, Im pulling for Merriman or Rolle, but they haven't asked me. So In Savage I Trust . . . .as long as he doesn't take a QB or pass on Ronnie Brown.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why Brown? we have Suggs a 4th round steal who was on his way to being a 1st selction before injuries caught up to him down at Vateck and what he has been able to do with our pethetic offensive line and no threat of a passing game, now that he has to starting quallity guards he will be able to stay healthy, witch by the way he was never injured to the point where he had to sit out those games had he been our number 1 running back this season. His game against Miami breaking the franchise record for carries shows he can take the wear and tear 30 carries in a game. he vison and cut back ability with our greatly improved offensive line he will be great for us. Yes Ronnie Brown is amazing and a way better back than suggs but we have alot of wholes so lets use this pick to fill some of those whole before we upgrade. I think Suggs will do just fine though I'll give him credit for lets say 1400 behind our new offensive line, I bet he can do it.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan868031 wrote:
why Brown? we have Suggs a 4th round steal who was on his way to being a 1st selction before injuries caught up to him down at Vateck and what he has been able to do with our pethetic offensive line and no threat of a passing game, now that he has to starting quallity guards he will be able to stay healthy, witch by the way he was never injured to the point where he had to sit out those games had he been our number 1 running back this season. His game against Miami breaking the franchise record for carries shows he can take the wear and tear 30 carries in a game. he vison and cut back ability with our greatly improved offensive line he will be great for us. Yes Ronnie Brown is amazing and a way better back than suggs but we have alot of wholes so lets use this pick to fill some of those whole before we upgrade. I think Suggs will do just fine though I'll give him credit for lets say 1400 behind our new offensive line, I bet he can do it.

We have been discussing this alot on these boards, Ronnie Brown and
Suggs makes our running game one of the top in the league, an elite group.
DJ makes our LB corps good. See the difference.

You will say that you would rather have a good running game AND a good LB corps over a great running game and average LB corps. Right?

But I think that's where Crennel comes in, I mean how many NE LBs were top 3 picks?
Crennel should be able to coach up whoever we have and get in FA and Rounds 2-4 at LB; but what he cannot coach is an elite, dominant, running game, plain and simple. For that you just need the horses.

(Im holding out hope for the addition of Marquis Daniels, Ed Harwell &/or Ty Law, that way our D wont be so bad. )

Plus, Savage will go BPA. And we should all get on the same page here in regards to BPA and this draft:
IF Ronnie Brown is available, he will become a Cleveland Brown according to BPA. Agreed?

That is a huge "IF"
akrongoblue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the concept of BPA, but isn't there still a level of subjectivity on Savage's part? I mean how do you really determine the BPA? Does anyone really know the fomula used to determine how a player ranks? Depending on many factors the BPA could change. Does position a player plays factor in on determining BPA? I believe if we got ten people together to create a top five BPA list we'd have ten different list. I have faith in Savage to simply do what is best for the Browns... Brown - Great, DJ - Great, I guess as long as its not a QB at number 3 I'll believe what I need.
lacydog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't factor in position, Mike Nugent might be the BPA. Just sayin.
Ronnie won't be there. DJ or Antrell, or trade down to get Merriman.
Don't care which.
TommyLF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love the fact that Nugent is one of the best Kickers to come out of the NCAA in 10 years, but won't be picked until like the 3rd round. Remember when Sebastian J. was picked in the 1st round to the raiders? Nugent will change the NFL as we know it, mark my words. I mean, how many games come down to FG's? Its just sad to think that a great player like himself won't get the credit he deserves (A higher pick)
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is going to be great

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: