Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Introduction Thread: Welcome All Bills Fans!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjb04f

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Introduction Thread: Welcome All Bills Fans! Reply with quote

Seems like we've got a strong small base, so I thought this would be great for the existing members and new members to come and introduce yourselves! If you are new, please come in and say something about yourself!

Just give a basic background, how long you've been a fan and if you have one, that one defining reason that makes you such a big Bills supporter!

Ill start it off. Ive been a Buffalo resident all my life and go to school there. I've loved the Bills ever since I was old enough to think about sports. The one thing that made me love the Bills so much is just the camaraderie of the entire city from suburb to suburb every single Sunday.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever i can do to help this forum out, just let me know.

hey, when the bills first became a team, what other names were suggested besides bills?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Lepricoin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no question that they would be called the "Buffalo Bills", I mean come on the name comes from the legendary western hunter and performer Buffalo Bill, what more could you ask for?
Lepricoin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess when the Buffalo Bills played their first game ever...........

yes thats correct September 11, 1960.

A little wierd isnt it?

Good thing i'm not supersticious in the slightest!
jjb04f

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were actually 3 other choices for the franchises nicknames. The 4 choices included the Bills, Bullets, Nickels or Blue Devils.

Cant say I could imagine our logo if we were the Buffalo Nickels.

Im quite glad they went with the Bills.
Lepricoin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjb04f wrote:
There were actually 3 other choices for the franchises nicknames. The 4 choices included the Bills, Bullets, Nickels or Blue Devils.

interesting....

i mean, the bills.... yeah, it has a recognizable western connotation. but you're in upstate new york.

the bullets... not to criticize, but i've always felt the bills' logo looks like a buffalo suffering from a screaming head wound, so the bullet concept sort of works by default.

the nickels... yes, we can leave that one behind. too many obvious jokes for the press to use during bad seasons.

the blue devils.... well, it is cold up there so the blue part makes sense, but the devils? would have made the catholics mad, i have to think.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jjb04f

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jjb04f wrote:

interesting....

i mean, the bills.... yeah, it has a recognizable western connotation. but you're in upstate new york.

I know you posted this a long time ago, but just noticed this... we are actually in Western New York, not upstate, that's a common misconception. So I guess the western connotation fits.
gatek99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a steelers fan, but just letting you know that i go to Niagara University and I will be attending my 1st bills game ever this sunday against the viks...yeah baby...too bad i have to work the concession stand!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats up every1

Raised in Erie, PA by a bunch of Stiller fans, currently living in Pittsburgh with an assloaf of Stiller fans.

Been a Bills fans since I was in the 3rd grade (my mom still has my Jim Kelly costume).

Noticed there arent many active members on here, do yall post on BB.com as well? Signed up here to since the Titans mods keep banning my fourm accts.
NikkiSixx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had more bills fans in here, but what can you do. I live in Henrietta NY which is about 15 minutes away from Rochester. I had season tickets in '04 and '05 but did not purchase them again this year. life-long bills fan and hope to see Buffalo win a super bowl before I die.

BLO4lyfe, I am EricMouldsFan80 at BB.com, I dont post often anymore, but I still read a lot of the things that are posted.
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills without a doubt are the only other team I ever root for.

Gotta stay true to the local colors.
leper65

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello Guys!
Joined the forum here a while ago, I don't think I've posted here before though. Born and raised in Lakewood, NY; that's just West of Jamestown. Been a Bills fan all my life. Currently live in Eastern NC thanks to the Air Force. I've only seen one Bills game in person (so far), and that was when they came down here to beat on the Panthers 7 years or so ago. My folks still live in NY, so I hope to visit RW Stadium one of these years...

Steve
jooshbell78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been a bills fan since i was a kid, i live in the buffalo area and this will be my third year having season tickets
igor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i am from monterrey mexico and a too buffalo bills fan since i was kid (Jim Kelly Era)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: