Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norm Chow's Offense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Norm Chow's Offense? Reply with quote

How much different do you think Chow will make in our Offense? Will there be new plays or just different calling? What your thoughts?
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we went deep to Bennet ALOT, maybe to much since it put us in 2nd or 3rd and long situations. This year I think we'll go for shorter passing and a more controlled offense.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say our O will be a running offense. And passes will be short and alot of mismatches. Short passes to RBs too. Not as many deep balls.
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we will probably run more, as long as Brown is healthy, but If Calico is healthy you know they will try to throw it up to him. But I woudl think they will work on mismatches with him, so he will probably have a lot of big games, and a lot of nothin games.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
I say our O will be a running offense. And passes will be short and alot of mismatches. Short passes to RBs too. Not as many deep balls.

I do think we'll do a little more of that, but when you have 2 WR's that are 6'4 we have to go deep several times a game.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
titangreins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the O the same as last year. I hated it when Steckle would run Eddie, run Eddie, pass short of 1st down, punt, play defense. Last years offense was a blast to watch. Don't change a thing with the O, just stay healthy.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely: KEEP the longball.

To those of you who want a short passing game: did you really enjoy the Les Steckel era? We'd play perfect ball for three and a half quarters, be up by three points due to the ULTRA-conservative offense, and then some freak bounce would lose the game for us.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went for the longball too freakin much this year. And Bennett dropped a ton of passes that i remember. But Bennett was pretty banged up. But we still should have it just not as much, since all our guys are around 6'4".
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
We went for the longball too freakin much this year. And Bennett dropped a ton of passes that i remember. But Bennett was pretty banged up. But we still should have it just not as much, since all our guys are around 6'4".

Yeah, all 2 of them.
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:

All I remember is Bennett catching long balls in prime time. When Steckel was calling the plays you saw one 40 yd pass incomplete every 6th game. The offense was not the problem, the problem is______. You guys can fill in the blank if you pay any attn to my posts.
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - the defense got beat like a rented mule in most games. I think we should be discussing the D, but injuries would pretty much be the discussion. Yawn.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've honestly discussed about everything that their is to talk about. Lets be patient and wait for the draft. I might stop bein on here since theres nothin else to talk about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: