You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking back game...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Looking back game... Reply with quote

Hey guys, new thing--go back in our recent history and think of some situations we were involved in, and if they happened, or if they didn't happen, what would our team be like now.

Make your own and have people comment on them (kinda like the High/Low game). The person who answers make up your own Q...

Ex:

What if we woulda gotten Plummer instead of Stewart? Would we still have Rex, because Plummer was a decent guy who was in his prime at about 28 yrs old. How would our team be different?

Was Booker + RD3 a good trade for O-gun? Booker was an offensive threat and who knows what we coulda gotten for our RD3? Was O-gun worth it.

What if we woulda landed J. Kearse instead of him going to the Eagles. Kearse or O-gun?

Comments?

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
Peanut3

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill take the ogun trade.. i think it was very good trade.. we needed that pass rush off the edge since colvin and holdman left and we needed some sacks.. booker was a very good wr while he played for us... i scrolled through some draft picks that were defesive ends and no one is as good as ogunleye or even close that i saw... o-gun and brown will make a feared tandem for years to come if JA ddoes the only thing hes good at, signing contracts
Jack

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liljabre3 wrote:
ill take the ogun trade.. i think it was very good trade.. we needed that pass rush off the edge since colvin and holdman left and we needed some sacks.. booker was a very good wr while he played for us... i scrolled through some draft picks that were defesive ends and no one is as good as ogunleye or even close that i saw... o-gun and brown will make a feared tandem for years to come if JA ddoes the only thing hes good at, signing contracts

What about comments on the other situations...?

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. That Plummer thing is a brain teaser. Good topic Jack. I believe that he very well may have been bad too had e came here. He's a bad decision maker. From what little, and yes I know it's only a little, I've seen of Rex, I'm glad we have him. Plummer would have meant only one thing had he came here: interceptions, interceptions, interceptions. I believe that many of the TDs he had came in part to the very good WR corps Denver has.
NBA- Bulls

Last edited by Midway Monster on Mon May 15, 2006 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Plummer would have worked. He would easily have made the O better. With a passer like that throwing to Booker and Terrell, A- train might have ran better. To think about it, would Terrell and A-train both been more productive? no 9 guys in the box for A-train and Terrell would not deal with crappy QB's.

Kearse was not an opition. the eagles were the only team dumb enough to give a guy 63 mil with a bad ankle.

Think about the A-train and Terrell connection to Plummer? Could he have saved their careers?
delakev

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Looking back game... Reply with quote

Jack wrote:

Ex:

What if we woulda gotten Plummer instead of Stewart? Would we still have Rex, because Plummer was a decent guy who was in his prime at about 28 yrs old. How would our team be different?

?

You forget the REAL FA prize that year-- Jake Delhomme, he could've been had by anyone, and honest to God, I was big on him, he put together a few 400yard games for the Saints, he runs our type of offense out in Carolina, that is who I am upset about.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Pdogg

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Jack...................I for one never wanted Kearse. I believe Kearse is one of the most overatted players in the NFL (along with Champ Bailey but that's another discussion) Javon has 7.5 sacks the past 2 seasons,matter of fact he has yet to duplicate the 14 he put up his rookie season. Booker was a decent reciever but nothing special.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking back game... Reply with quote

delakev wrote:
Jack wrote:

Ex:

?

You forget the REAL FA prize that year-- Jake Delhomme, he could've been had by anyone, and honest to God, I was big on him, he put together a few 400yard games for the Saints, he runs our type of offense out in Carolina, that is who I am upset about.

Ahh I totally forgot about Delhomme!

Interesting...however I didn't see the Bears have any interest in him, I mean we fans can talk all day til we are blue in the face, but if the franchise isn't courting the player, it's a mute point.

However, lets say that the Bears WERE going after Delhomme...He could have EASILLY came here if we persued him hard enough.

But to be honest, I didn't follow the Delhomme situation that much because he wasn't known through out the league, and a guy like Plummer was, same thing with Stewart--even though he sucked for us, looking at him, he had the Steelers in the AFC Champ. 2 years before we picked him up, and he went to the Pro-Bowl.

Also, I think Shoop messed our team up so much that no player could contribute in an offense like that.

But to get back to the Delhomme situation, he reminds me a lot of this year's Josh McKown pickup. He had a couple 300 yd games, some decent stats, not overly flashy, but when you look at McKown and Delhomme, you see similar players--so should we have picked him up?

Quote:
I believe Kearse is one of the most overatted players in the NFL

I do too, and looking back on it, I would much rather have O-Gun, he is 1/2 the price and puts forth 2x the effort.

Quote:
I think Plummer would have worked.

As for the Plummer situation. I think it COULD have worked.

I think Shoop used to many run plays for Stewart for him to fully utilize it as a weapon, and I believe that if Plummer would have came here it would have been much of the same thing. I think that if he came here, he would have stuck it out til Lovie came, and then done something.

But where does that leave us on the Rex situation? Think

Would we have picked up Rex? Because we got Rex the year we got Stewart...? Think

bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I got one:

What if instead of Booker, we traded A-Train for Ogun, and we still had Booker? It was(at least as I remember) originally rumored that the trade was going to be for A-Train and not for Booker.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NKbearsNK wrote:
I think Plummer would have worked. He would easily have made the O better. With a passer like that throwing to Booker and Terrell, A- train might have ran better. To think about it, would Terrell and A-train both been more productive? no 9 guys in the box for A-train and Terrell would not deal with crappy QB's.

Kearse was not an opition. the eagles were the only team dumb enough to give a guy 63 mil with a bad ankle.

Think about the A-train and Terrell connection to Plummer? Could he have saved their careers?

Even when someone did throw Terrell the ball he dropped everything thrown to him after his rookie year. I do agree on ATrain though, he might have been able to do well if the whole other team wasn't able to key in on the run bc we had 0 passing threat.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Ok, I got one:

What if instead of Booker, we traded A-Train for Ogun, and we still had Booker? It was(at least as I remember) originally rumored that the trade was going to be for A-Train and not for Booker.

At that time the Dolphins were going through the whole Ricky Williams debacle, and we tried to play into their hands by giving them what they wanted.

I remember hearing them offering Booker AND A-Train but they didn't want A-Train and that was holding up the negociations, so Angelo said instead of A-Train they would offer a 3rd rounder, and they took the bait.

I think that we got the better end of the deal with O-gun if you ask me.

But lets go on with your thought of trading A-Train rather than Booker:

We still would have had Stewart and Booker could have been our #1, we still would have gotten rid of Terrell, and probably picked up a WR in the maybe second. Which means we still would have Rex Grossman, throwing to Booker.

We got T. Jones that year as well, so the RB situation would most likely be unchanged, except for grabbing a backup in the Draft or FA.

I still see us selecting Benson in the next year's draft. But we would have endured a horrific season with Quinn and Krenzel as QBs.

Basically, I think our team would be different in that by trading A-Train and keeping Booker we wouldn't have Moose.

hmm....

Here's one:

What if Braylon Edwards AND Cedric Benson fell to us with Cleveland picking QB A. Rogers (now backup QB for the Pack)?

Who would have Angelo picked?

I'll answer my own, and you guys tell me what you think:

Going back to last year, all any Bear fan could think about was Edwards being another "David Terrell", seeing that they were from Michigan, same type of measurables etc.

However, admist that, I think Angelo would have selected Edwards. We know we needed offense last year, and Angelo did do his job to get us offensive players.

We know that we were in the market for a WR as well (seeing that we got Bradley in the 2nd), I don't think Angelo could have passed up Braylon Edwards, and he would have been the pick instead of Benson.

Seriously think about it (Because I DO NOT want this to turn into another T. Jones/Benson debate).

We already had Jones, and having a starter who was good, and taking a terrible position (WR) and making it a strength, by adding Moose AND Edwards would have been in Angelo's favor. And grabbing a decent RB in the 2nd would have been a smart move by Angelo.

By doing that, it would have erased the controversey of the Benson/Jones debate, and we would have 2 LEGIT starting WRs capable of playing the #1 spot incase someone went down.

So, what do you guys think?

If Edwards AND Benson fell to us, who would Angelo have picked?

delakev

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Ok, I got one:

I believe the deal WE wanted to give them was A-Train and David Terrell.

They nixed that.

The counter-offer was Booker AND A-Train, we countered with Booker + 3rd.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Peanut3

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote:
liljabre3 wrote:

What about comments on the other situations...?

ya sorry i didnt have enough time to write as mcuh as i wanted

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: