Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Priorities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFD1717

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Priorities Reply with quote

ROUND 1

If one of the top 2 recievers somehow dropped, they should jump on him. Realistically that won't happen, but they will still take the BPA. I think that will likely be a CB. I'm not high on Rolle (he's a head case), but he'll likely be gone by then anyway. That leaves PacMan and Carlos Rogers. PacMan would be nice because he's a return man, but he gambles too much. Rogers would be a perfect compliment to Robinson with his speed and size. Alex Barron is also a possibility, but I don't think he is all that much better than what they could get later and Wand will get better.
Projected Pick: Carlos Rogers

Round 2

Getting more sacks is the number one priority this offseason, and that will be helped primarily by the develpoment of Babin and Peek. The addition of another quality DB in round one will lead to more coverage sacks and round two is the time to add a palymaker on the DL. D Linemen in a 3-4 don't often get gaudy sack numbers, but they can flush QBs out to the linebackers, as well as occupy blockers. Chris Canty would be a perfect fit with his size, athleticism, and experience. I think Canty will be gone by the time the Texans pick, but a player like Mike Patterson from USC would also help quite a bit. Patterson is an incredible player who will drop on draft day simply because he is short. This also may be the time to address the OL if a Tackle like Terry or Barnes were to drop, or possibly a Guard like Elton Brown or Baas.
Projected Pick: Mike Patterson

THIRD ROUND
Now is the time to address the offensive needs by drafting a WR and an OL. Roscoe Parrish from Miami would be a nice fit, but will likely be gone in the second round. That leaves recievers like Terrance Murphy and Chris Henry amoung others. There will likely be an OT drop to the third round like Michael Munoz or Marcus Johnson. Either would add nice depth and could possibly develop into a starter. Donte Nicholson is also a possibility as a Safety.
Projected Picks: Chris Henry and Michael Munoz

Day 2
Players I like that could slip to Day two include guys like Craphonso Thorpe, Chris Colmer, Matt Jones, Kay Jay Harris, Wes Sims, and Lionel Turner
texan0305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

i like your predictions, look for matt jones to go in the first day though
AFD1717

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your probably right about Jones. Really, any of those guys could go on Day 1. I'm just hoping someone slips.
texan0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: yup Reply with quote

personally i feel if the texans have the chance to grap troy williamson they will, i think williamson will be there at 13, since they've got there returning starters for the dline i dont see them getting a defensive lineman anymore, and they have too many players at the linebacking position, so they'll look at cb, and a wideout, your right about picking a cornerback im not so sure it'll be rogers though, but the rest of your thoughts are solid with your round 2 and round 3 predections, i like the idea of patterson and munoz
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picks for the draft. They would definitely all fill needs for us since Rogers has the potential to step in right away and take over for Glenn. Alot of what is going to happen in the draft is dependant on what occurs in the next few weeks in FA. Foreman and Sharper may be on the way out, which may fill up enough caproom to grab a guy like Plaxico to play across from Andre. Merriman might be the selection at that point, since we would have Babin as the other OLB, and then Wong and Greenwood inside. So alot will depend on what happens in the next few weeks, but right now I definitely like the picks.
texan0305

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

ya i see what your saying and i agree, but i dont know if i want plaxico on this team, he has a knack for not being a team player and being a player that's selfish he has some good size, but no hands but i agree it would look nice for him to be side by side with andre but does he want to be second fiddle to anyone? plaxico looks to end up in minnesota, he has a good relationship with culpepper, but if you've heard talks that the texans are interested in plaxico let me know from what i've heard they're hasn't been any rumblings
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I've really heard is that the well is drying up for interest in Plaxico. I think he assumed he'd command more on the market than he has, but like you said he's got an attitude and hasn't put up the numbers expected of him. If Minnesota doesn't take him, I think the texans may take a shot at him for about 3-4 mill per year. Maybe not, but they could.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: