Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

darren shaper cut by pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seahawks8228

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: darren shaper cut by pack Reply with quote

do u guys think that HOU should take a look at him? i live in WI and i mean hes a top safety in my mind....i think he coud help us out....any thoughts?
AFD1717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately think he could help, but their moves recently have all been to cut payroll. I don't think they will spend that much on a safety, but who knows? Personally, I don't think safety is as big a concern as all the "experts" seem to think it is. Glen Earl did an adequate job last year and was just a few months removed from major knee surgery. I look for that guy to improve quite a bit by next year.
pickledpigsfeet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather sign Sharper, even if its just for a year. Would allow Earl a chance to learn from a top vet and if Sharper gets hurt, we have an adequate back up. Without Sharper, if Earl gets hurt, then who do we have? We should be able to sign him for $3-4m per year.
AFD1717

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickledpigsfeet wrote:
Without Sharper, if Earl gets hurt, then who do we have?

Before this morning, my answer would have been Marlon McCree, but he just signed with the Panthers. They still have Eric Brown, who is a pretty good backup SS, but the guy is going to make $1.7 million this year. Why pay a backup $1.7 Mil? After Brown, it is Jason Simmons and Jamaal Lord. We are in trouble if either of those two guys sees the field. I'm on board with the Sharper idea if we can sign him for one or two years. I also think they should cut Brown to do it. Then they could draft a safety (hopefully somewhere on Day 1) to provide a little more depth. Lewis Sanders, the CB they just signed has experience at SS as well.
texansfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price is right, I think they should grab Sharper. I've always liked the guy and he would provide a veteran presence that we might lose if they trade Jamie Sharper.
AFD1717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for that. Sharper's a Viking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: