Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Draft, Who are you sold on??? or who do you want??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans will return

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: The Draft, Who are you sold on??? or who do you want?? Reply with quote

Man i really love MW, he is a huge target, ok speed 4.59, isnt that bad but its not great he is a playmaker and can make anything happen at anytime i dont think there is a cb that will cover him he is a physicall player and he is so explosive i think he will be mason replacement if we go Defense i really am starting to like pac-man just because he brings so much speed and he would solve our special team needs,but im not sold so much on his cover skills as i am on antrell rolle's all around cover and physicall skills and he ran the shuttle faster than pac-man but i think he ran like a 4.49. I wish we could trade 1 of this years 3rd rd next year 2nd and like a lance shulters type of player for like dallas's or detroits pick maybe even Minnesotta's 1st at the 7th spot. i would do my draft like this.if we had 2 1st and 1 pick in the rest of the rounds w/o the rest of the comp picks i think we will have like a extra 6th or something or 5th for the robaire smith release but anyways im going to do a mock on what i think we will do based on our needs or best player there.

1Mike Williams
1Adam "pac-man" Jones
2Justin Tuck( i think he will be a need becaz kc and he will be 1 of the best there)
3Adrian Mcpherson(we are drafting 4 the future)
4Matt Jones
5Cedrick Houston
6Depth at o-line
7 Frank OmYale

i dont really like this draft that much but it would help us out in the long run.

and i think we will have just enough money to pick up one of those vet players thats been a back-up his whole carrer, but can step in and play if needed.and maybe another Jeron Jenkins lol do any of you remember him??? the guy that always fell he was the #2 Cb the year we went 7-9 i belive he plays for the nashville kats and the reason i think we could sign to vet minimum players is because i had shulters leaving.

thanks
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st- of all Shulters will be cut in july or august. They will save alot more money then.
2nd- We will probably get a 3rd round compenstation pick for Kearse and a 4th for R. Smith.
3rd- Do you really think that Reese is going to trade all them picks to get another 1st round pick when everyone will tell you that this year the CB and WR positions are Really deep in the draft. So I dont see him moving up or trading alot to move any pick up that much, he will just try and take the best player on the board at that time.

But I do see us getting A. Rolle in the first round. Hes a better corner and Reese seems to really like him. We will get a WR probably in the second and I would be surpired is he will be a KR also. I also wish they would get A. Mcpherson I think he could be a steal that late.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Rolle or Barron. Maybe be even a RB. lol
But Reese has showin interest in Rolle. He might help our Dline a little with his coverage. He's the best cover corner in this years draft. The key for us to win is to run at least 40 times a game. Thats how the Jags beat Indy and it will help our defense alot better since we have some holes in the secondary.
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the right titans#1fan. I am willing to bet its Rolle if hes there.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say Rolle over Pac Man because he is more physical. We will probably draft a Cb because we need one desperately. Although i do like Barron a lot and i wouldn't mind if we got him either.
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way we get Barren in the first round is if we trade down. Ive heard Reese say that there isnt a OL that is worth the #6pick. So we either trade down and get him or we get him in the second round.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Barron may go ahead of us. There is a serious drop off after Barron and that would make him get picked. I say theres a good chance the Bears or Bucs might get him.
I would trade down one spot for Rolle. Some of the top CBs run around a 4.5.... I hate to say this again, but i wouldnt mind RB, i just think runnning it alot will help us win more games.
I think that we wont go WR. And if the top 5 dont select a QB, Reese may even draft one for Norm Chow to mold. But right now i would say Rolle, Barron, or any top 3 RB.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want us to draft a RB but i see your point. I think Barron wouldn't be a bad pick at #6 infact it would be a good pick. We don't need a WR in the 1st round because although we lost Mason we still have Calico(i hopebecause not proven on the big stage ) , Bennet and Troupe at TE who can make plays. I think a CB at #6 wouldn't be too bad but it would be better if we could trade down a few places and take a CB then.
BALD_EAGLE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good point regarding not needing a WR in the first round. But I do think we need a CB more than a OL or RB. We are somwhat rebuilding and at least we have a good RB and a OL to start in the tackle position (J. Bell). We do have some CB I know but I dont know how much the coachs trust them, so dont be surprised if its Rolle. And if Rolle isnt there, I think they trade down.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i see us taking Rolle if he is there but trading down is equally as sensible. As i have already said Barron is a good pick too because i think he can be a great player in the future.
titangreins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original question:

Cedric Bensen
Mike Williams
RBrown
DJ
ARolle
PacMan
Barron (if he's the real deal)

Any of those guys would help this teams future.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we'll just trade with the Vikes. The Cards may get Rolle or Barron.
IF Ronnie Brown is there at 6 we have to get him im sorry. He might be the next Jamal Lewis. This guy is goin to be insane. But i say we should get Barber in the second or third depending on our first pick.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BALD_EAGLE wrote:
The only way we get Barren in the first round is if we trade down. Ive heard Reese say that there isnt a OL that is worth the #6pick. So we either trade down and get him or we get him in the second round.

Barron in the 2nd round? No way. If we trade down to get him, we can't go any lower than the Texans at 13.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll draft Ryan Moats RB from Louisiana Tech. I think for sure actually. Reese has talked alot about him. Moats is an explosive shifty runner who can make anybody miss and can break one long anytime.

5'8" 210

Oh yeah this has nothin to do about what we are talkin about ,but wouldnt it be cool if Chris Brown wore his dark visor like he did in college?
titangreins

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
BALD_EAGLE wrote:

Barron in the 2nd round? No way. If we trade down to get him, we can't go any lower than the Texans at 13.

Yep, no way Barron falls to the 2nd. For all of you anti RB at #6 people. Wouldn't you like to see RBrown or Benson at #6, and then to get Barnes in the 2nd round??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: