You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best and Worst moves by JA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redwing5 wrote:
^wow I can't believe i didnt think of those guys!!! Um, I just am pretty sure Dorvey will be bad... I would have rather hadother players, such as trading up one spot for pope.

I can understand why you would think Dvoreck will be bad but you have to be open to the fact this kid might turn out to be a gem. I was not happy with the pick until I heard Tommie Harris say he has his back and Dusty will make some noise on the line. Who knows, he might turn out to suck. It's just too early to tell.
unbalanced

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post to this board, but I've enjoyed lerking and reading your posts. As far as the worst move it has to be haynes. Why havn't they traded this guy before now. Did they have to wait and let his value become nothing?
Green, Mr irrevelent (the last guy taken in the draft), should have never been given the big contract we know that, bad move, and every time we lose brown it always makes it look much worse.
Almost everyone rips on colombo but come on the guy blew out his knee. We really needed help on the O-line, he addressed it and the guy got a career ending injury. Obob got it right when he said JA gets a pass on this one. And how about this years draft, the worst in years..yeah years.
The good ones are the way he has almost every player on the team signed. Barring injury these players will be playing together for a while. He has plugged up major holes on both ends, safty (when he's not injured), the interior line and the corners, although they are undersized.
Overall this was a terrible team with a horrible owner public image. Although JA totally blew it this year, I give him a c+ overall. A bit above average but a step below top tier management.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbalanced wrote:

Overall this was a terrible team with a horrible owner public image. Although JA totally blew it this year, I give him a c+ overall. A bit above average but a step below top tier management.

First off welcome to the site unbalanced... glad you found us.

As for your take on this year's draft class... isn't it a bit too early to judge it? Just because JA didn't take the players you or I wanted doesn't mean it's a bust. It just means we didn't get what we wanted.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
unbalanced wrote:

First off welcome to the site unbalanced... glad you found us.

As for your take on this year's draft class... isn't it a bit too early to judge it? Just because JA didn't take the players you or I wanted doesn't mean it's a bust. It just means we didn't get what we wanted.

It took a bit but i feel the same way. It's way too early. JA filled a need in FS with Manning. MBrown is one headwound away from hanging out with Tom Waddle, so in principle it makes sense. The rest of the picks add depth so It's tough to tell.

Look at JA's drafts, he has really done a nice job. Not many "stars" but quite a few da#$ good players.

I would rather have a GM that makes smart money moves and keeps players around for years than have a daniel synder type than goes crazy with the money each year to big names that in the long run, wreck the franchise. JA is the opposite of that. Don't get me wrong, he has made some bone headed moves, but each year he is getting better.
unbalanced

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:

Not addressing what we and most experts agree were our team needs can be an argueable point, as well as the eventual quality of these players. But at each position except PR, the players taken were 3 or 4th on the list. If they wanted a WR, there were better ones, if they wanted a DB there were ones that were higher ranked. The players the bears took were taken to high. In today's NFL, all teams need at least one of their 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick, to be an immeditate impact player. These guys with the exception of Dvoreck, they are projects, and not even expected to start. The players might not be a bust, you really need 3 years, but if your going to evaluate this draft on what we know now, we filled a PR need..that's it. Not good enough, no comp at WR or TE IMHO.
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A terrible team that finished 11-5 last year? Think Eh?
Hey new guy where have you been?
Post some stuff that is rational please.
NBA- Bulls
unbalanced

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midway Monster wrote:

???
I assume your addressing me, when I called them a terrible team I was speaking of when JA arrived here.
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbalanced wrote:
Midway Monster wrote:

???
I assume your addressing me, when I called them a terrible team I was speaking of when JA arrived here.

Yup, I was addressing you. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you were calling the current team terrible. I didn't realize you were talking in the past, you did say "was". My bad. In that case I agree, the team was terribly handled at that time.
NBA- Bulls
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unbalanced wrote:
But at each position except PR, the players taken were 3 or 4th on the list. .

We did draft in the second round... so getting the fourth best safety (according to Gil Brandt) in the second round is not a bad deal at all. It's not like we had the #4 overall pick this year - we didn't pick until #42 and there were several CBs and safeties of the board already.

JA got the guys he wanted, I hope they work out and I believe they will. But only time will tell the true story.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great posts guys, one and all
redwing5

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Unbalanced!!!
#80 Berrian
berrianburns80

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NKbearsNK wrote:
redwing5 wrote:
Best picks: Harris, Briggs, Vasher

Worst Picks: Haynes, Colombo, Dorveck

Best Moves: Getting T. Jones, Signing Greise

Worst Move: Check Box mistake, Green deal

WHAT!!! Why the heck would you put Dvoreck as a bad pick? He has not even suited up yet? How about Roosevelt Williams, or Bobby Wade. Come on, putting a guy on this list that has not played yet is just insane.
[/quote]

I really dont get the hatred for Dusty. If any of you saw him play in college you know he goes all out and is just an animal. Im willing to bet he's a Chicago favorite in a couple years. If not this year. He's just our type of player
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obob wrote:
Something about Benson ... when a man cries for joy after being drafted, that shows promise and heart. But not having the brains and guts to tell an agent you are alienating me, that draws red flags in my eye. He should have been crawling up and down the sidelines trying to get playing time until he was hurt. I have saying I give my students when they don't turn in work or show less than stellar effort, "Prove me right, prove me wrong, just prove me."
I do give JA a pass on Columbo, the knees got trashed, releasing and allowiing him to start over elsewhere was the right thing to do.
Roosevelt Colvin was a huge mistake, also the uncle of one of my students. He has the great pass rusher.

I know I will be crucified for saying this, especially because I am also pretty much a new guy here, but I think Benson was definitely the worst Angelo move. Auburn had not one, but two guys at the RB position that were better than Benson, and we had the chance to get one of them. He hasn't shown me anything but that he is a headcase. When he cried it wasn't because he was happy, it was because of some jibberish crap he uttered about how he wasn't appreciated or respected. What the heck? Also, if you let your agent alienate you the bottom line is that you let him do it. If my agent was an idiot like that I would tell him where to stick it and that we need to get something done, especially since the Bears were offering a more than fair contract. I hate Ced. Benson on our team, but I am praying that I will be sorely mistaken due to his play on the field this year.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I know I will be crucified for saying this, especially because I am also pretty much a new guy here, but I think Benson was definitely the worst Angelo move. Auburn had not one, but two guys at the RB position that were better than Benson, and we had the chance to get one of them. He hasn't shown me anything but that he is a headcase. When he cried it wasn't because he was happy, it was because of some jibberish crap he uttered about how he wasn't appreciated or respected. What the heck? Also, if you let your agent alienate you the bottom line is that you let him do it. If my agent was an idiot like that I would tell him where to stick it and that we need to get something done, especially since the Bears were offering a more than fair contract. I hate Ced. Benson on our team, but I am praying that I will be sorely mistaken due to his play on the field this year.

I understand the feeling of anger you and many fans fell about Benson. I for one was one that liked Benson coming out of college. But I was also mad and disappointed when he pulled the poor me act and held out. The thing about Cedric is he got the wake up call last year. Cadallic Williams and Ronnie Brown, The RB's he will be forever judged against got in the mix right away and became important parts of their team. Cedric was pushed aside and was told he had to wait his turn. (which was all his fault for not getting into camp on time) I believe the way Jones ran and how playing time was not just handed to him woke him up. After the knee injury, he rehabed like crazy to get back and this offseason, he has been working at Halas Hall to get to the point he should have been sometime last year. Cedric was gift wrapped a starting job in High school and college. He is learning to fight for his job. I think he will grow up this year and be a very productive back for years to come. He was just to immature last year.

I think JA's worst move might not have happened yet. If Briggs is not resigned, that will go down in team history as that most brain dead move ever.
DaCoach

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redwing5 wrote:
^wow I can't believe i didnt think of those guys!!! Um, I just am pretty sure Dorvey will be bad... I would have rather hadother players, such as trading up one spot for pope.

Best moves: Griese, Vasher, Ruben Brown, John Tait
Worst moves: checkbox, Haynes

Dvoracek will surprise you...he's a Steve McMichael type player, plays with an attitude.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: