Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nolan dropping hints but not showing just yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Nolan dropping hints but not showing just yet Reply with quote

You have Jonas Jennings and the defenite interest in David Boston plus a need for a veteran QB, Andthe rumor of dumping rattay, these are all indications of staying with the #1 pick and taking a Quarterback. It wont be O-Line it wont be reciever and Nolan has stated Barlow is the Back for now. trade down seems improbable because nobody is lookin to trade up.

I think what the most telling hint was that Nolan said he expects to have a deal worked out with the top pick before the draft and you cant do that unless your sticking with that pick.

so it comes down again to

ALEX SMITH VS AARON RODGERS

the pro days I believe are the 16th and the 18th of this month and by then we should have a grasp on who the Niners are taking which should be Aaron Rodgers.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's alot of assuming and I'm sure you know what happens when we "[inappropriate/removed]-u-me"....

You really think Nolan is saying exactly what he will do? I don't think Nolan is naive enough to broadcast his true intentions. We may see something completely different--why don't we wait and see instead of assume?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
That's alot of assuming and I'm sure you know what happens when we "***-u-me"....

You really think Nolan is saying exactly what he will do? I don't think Nolan is naive enough to broadcast his true intentions. We may see something completely different--why don't we wait and see instead of assume?

well it's not like he's the riddler or anything. but if your going to sign an OL, WR and are looking at a veteran QB you have to make some kind of assumption as to what his intentions are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: