Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only way to get out of 1st pick in this draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Niners trade an addition pick to get out of 1st
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Only way to get out of 1st pick in this draft Reply with quote

The only way the niners are going to get out of first pick to save money is to trade both their 1st pick and another pick/ decent player.

Since Niners will never do that, then they are hosed.
Montana168

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we better not trade more than one draft pick just to get out of the first. either aaron rodgers, ronnie brown, or mike williams are all worthy of the first pick and would be excellent additions to the team.
BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt Niners would consider Williams, he is no Jerry Rice, They have a barlow, so I doubt they get Ronnie, and Rodgers, well does the name Ryan Leaf sound familiar. They best look for the trade down if they dont want to lose money and headache over this
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft isn't for another month and a half...........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who can you base an arguement on Ryan Leaf...? Teams just can't be scared out of taking a QB 1st overall b/c of what happened with him... Is Carson Palmer a Ryan Leaf??? Will Eli be??? NO.

What a dumb thing to say man... Rogers will be a fine QB. But if i had to use the pick on someone it would be Ronnie Brown.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying the 9ers would have to pay someone to take the spot?! That's crazy. There are 44 days to the draft and someone is going to become completely enamored with one of the top guys and will make an offer to trade. If it's good enough, Nolan will take it. If not, he'll stay and pick.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay somebody? In my opinion when the draft rolls around there are people that are going to want the 1st pick but to tell you the truth I don't think Nolan wants to trade out of the pick
sportsfevah08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Rodgers or Smith or anyone in this draft will be as big of a bust as Ryan Leaf. This guy had a horrible temper and bad karma. He did not get along with his teammates very well. I am pretty sure there is someone who wants the #1 pick especially a team needing a running back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: