You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise RB of All-time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the greatest RB in Titans franchise history?
Earl Campbell
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Eddie George
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise RB of All-time Reply with quote

Welcome to week 2 of "The Franchise's Greatest." Last week we crowned Steve McNair the greatest QB in franchise history. This week, we focus on running backs. It's a two horse race. If you're not familiar with Earl Campbell, take some time to click the link and learn a little more about our history.

Running back:

Earl Campbell: Played with Houston for 7 spectacular seasons (1978 - 1984). His per-game averages were 22 carries for 94 yards and a TD in 80% of the games he played. The former Heisman Trophy winner (1977) appeared in five Pro-Bowls and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1991.

Eddie George: Played in Houston his rookie season in 1996 then moved to Tennessee with the Titans for seven more years. His per game averages were 21 carries for 78 yards, scoring a TD in 50% of the games he played. Eddie made four Pro-Bowls and like Campbell, won the Heisman Trophy (1995). He also led the Titans to their only Super Bowl appearance in franchise history.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
TheRealBigTimer

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be Earl, no question. Eddie was the face for laate nineties into the millenium, but if you want a franchise face, for our Greatest of All Time, Its Earl Campbell.

First Peyton Manning, now this. What a shocking offseason.
PacAttack

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Eddie George, I still have to say Earl Campbell. However, Eddie is a close 2nd. He meant so much to the Titans not only as a player on the field, but off the field too. He not only was a workhorse and a leader, he was also a role model and a motivator. Eddie played with heart, determination, and will to win. He was a team player who lead by example. I've almost convinced my to chang my own vote. I hated to see him leave the team 2 years ago. I'm just glad he was able to retire a Titan.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Invictus

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TYLER ROSE BABY!

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think had Eddie finished strong, rather than the injured fizzle that took place, he could have challenged Campbell. As it stands, I gotta go with the Tyler Rose. That play against the Rams where he blows up a linebacker, keeps going, then gets his jersey completely ripped off is just insane.

I found a clip, 1:10 into this montage. But they cut it before his jersey is torn off.

SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im one of the few who picked Eddie....no knock on Champell....he probably deserves it more....but i just loved Eddies power running style.....i just love power backs for some reason....

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
im one of the few who picked Eddie....no knock on Champell....he probably deserves it more....but i just loved Eddies power running style.....i just love power backs for some reason....

SHAVED... watch some film of Campbell. He was the definition of power back! He made Eddie look like Warrick Dunn by comparison.

SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:

SHAVED... watch some film of Campbell. He was the definition of power back! He made Eddie look like Warrick Dunn by comparison.

clips?

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
I found a clip

He's the HUGE dude in powder blue. About 1:05 into the clips. Right after Mark Clayton's helicopter hit near the goalline.

Warning... be seated if you've never seen these before.

vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

earl.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did a titan fan say he chose eddie over earl because he liked power running styles... Confused

last time I checked, Earl was the epitome of power running.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great clip...I had to watch it a couple times. Looks like what I used to do back in my prime... Liar

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.
Invictus

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMJvUgLCXE&search=earl%20campbell

The opening clip against the Dolphins was the 1st game my dad ever took me to when we lived in Houston. Also for you younger guys..in the clip where Earl blows up that Rams LB the lead blocker is #26 Rob Carpenter. He's the dad of Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter, who was just drafted by Dallas, that a lot of guys were high on in out board.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:

The opening clip against the Dolphins was the 1st game my dad ever took me to when we lived in Houston. Also for you younger guys..in the clip where Earl blows up that Rams LB the lead blocker is #26 Rob Carpenter. He's the dad of Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter, who was just drafted by Dallas, that a lot of guys were high on in out board.

Talkin' about takin' a blow to the chest.

SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:

ok....i revoke what i said before.....i feel ashamed of what i said before Embarassed ....i change my vote....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: