Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Edge to Miami
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Edge to Miami Reply with quote

Just heard that the Colts will take less than a first round pick for Edgerrin James.
I am hoping the Dolphins and the Colts will agree to Surtian & 3rd Rounder for Edge, that way the Dolphins pass on Ronnie "Jim" Brown, so he falls to 3, where we can get him.
No defender is worth the 3rd pick so far and the best defender for Romeo would be Shawne Merriman.
Anybody else feel the same way?
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would actually be pretty nice for us. But with our luck Kevan Barlow will do something stupid and be out for the year or get suspended and they'll take Ronnie Brown
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OIC

Only
In
Cleveland
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an espn article about it, says Saban is not interested in trading for Edge. That pisses me off, why isnt Saban stupid like Butch?
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to try to be a good coach I guess...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
TommyLF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just read that article as well. They will take less than a #1 pick for Edge, but Miami isn't interested. If we could get Miami to take Edge, then Ronnie Brown would be most likely available. Here is the article if you didn't already see it:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2008841
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
He wants to try to be a good coach I guess...

what a jackass, doesn't he know that despotic semi-succesful college coaches who were previously semi-succesful NFL D-coordinators are supposed to make life easier for those drafting behind them, and then lie about it to make himself look good? What an idiot.

I mean Butch passed on Ed Reed and Clinton Portis in the same draft, and he gave Detriot a 2nd round pick to move up one spot, can't Saban throw us a friggin bone here?
akrongoblue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I weer in the Dolphins position there is no way I'd trade #2 for Edge. I think Edge is a great player, but not a #2 pick in the draft great player. Now if Indy would seriously take less than a first rounder than for sure trade the second round for Edge. If the choice is between Edge and Brown I think you have to take Brown 9 outta ten times.
Eagles1fan5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they want a 2nd rd pick not a 2nd pick overall
ClevelanDawg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dolphins dont have a second round pick, due to the AJ Feely trade.
Thats why I offered the suggestion of Surtain (& Maybe 3rd rounder) for Edge.
That way, the Dolphins get out of Round 1 w/ a franchise back (Edge) and LB (DJ?) instead of just a franchise back (Brown). Thereby allowing the Browns to draft said franchise back.

C'mon, Saban, DO IT. . . . .DO IT.
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Oh my lord. . . Reply with quote

Quote:
If the choice is between Edge and Brown I think you have to take Brown 9 outta ten times.

No offense guys, but you gotta get a grip on this runaway Ronnie Brown emotion. Best back in the draft? Maybe. Worth the #3? Possibly, though he wouldn't be my choice. Guaranteed superstar, franchise cornerstone, best thing since sliced bread? I don't think so.
He wasn't even the best back on his team, for godsakes. He's got a long way to go to be E. James. Sheez.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Miami takes him so that we dont have to waste a pick on him....

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
TommyLF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
I hope Miami takes him so that we dont have to waste a pick on him....

Waste a pick? That's pretty much what the browns have done every year so far... so they would be keeping up the trend to draft him and for him to suck. But I don't think that he will be a bad player. I much rather have Ronnie Brown than any QB at the #3 pick.
ShakeNbake2128

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Derrick Johnson would be the best pick at #3. he will be all over the backfield making plays for loses and pressuring the QB into bad mistakes flying all over the field making athletic plays and we'll finally have someone who will tackle the running back before he got 6 and 7 yards downfield.

Charger-man thanks for the sweet sig and Scar for the avatar.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever seen what happens to DJ when he gets blocked? It's not pretty.

Watch the Red River Shootout for a good example. With a first round prospect helping him on the defensive line (Rod Wright, had he come out), DJ was pancaked by Wes Sims, not Jamal Brown, as well as tight ends and fullbacks, all day long. A freshman ran for 250+ yards, most of them right at DJ.

So don't come 'round here with your wild tales of plays in the backfield, when we don't even have anyone decent to tie up blockers for him yet.

Do you understand the difference between the 3-4 and 4-3? From the linebacker's perspective, it's like a running back going up against 8 men in the box every down. In order to do that, the runner has to be able to break a tackle. Likewise, the linebacker in a 3-4 must take on a block.

Given DJ's lack of physicality, he does not do this well at all. Romeo likes his linebackers physical and smart, and we have all heard the stories about DJ's cognitive abilities (or lack thereof).

I'm gald Monty Kiffin thinks he'd be great. Let him have DJ. I see him struggling in the NFL to begin with, even more so if he plays in our defense. With pick 3, we need a can't miss. I think with DJ, we potentially could.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: