You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Hester Have WR written all over him?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmike

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Does Hester Have WR written all over him? Reply with quote

Hester has all the moves of a great "stretch the field" WR, speed , change of direction, Hands plus. Kind of reminds me of Torry Holt with a little more speed.
agent50

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I hope he ends up at WR. The only thing that worries me right now is his hands and route running. They should start camp with him at WR at worst we can lose Gage and use Hester on trick plays and the famous Bears WR screen.
CBB- Illini
NBA- Baby Bulls
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think that the coaching staff will utilize his talent at both WR, CB, & KR/PR.
kegstand

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second coming of slash LOL!!

Hope he does better than Kordell's stay here!!
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midway Monster wrote:
I still think that the coaching staff will utilize his talent at both WR, CB, & KR/PR.

Hester is a "tweener" of types. He will be used the same way as the Patroits use(d) Troy Brown. PR/CB/WR. Thats what Im invisioning and hoping. Imagine if he adapts to CB, having him glued to Steve Smith in the rematch that WILL take place in the playoffs. He might be the only player quick enough to hang with him. Then with PR and O, he might become our biggest weapon.
Bear_Down_CA

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder why Miami didn't try it.
4DaBERS

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if this kid CAN go both ways, it's gonna be a few years before we see it. JA has indicated that they want to work him in at corner...if that's what they see in him, so be it, but with a guy like this I just think you have to figure ways to get the ball in his hands. He may not have enough upstairs to go both ways real soon...this is the NFL we're talking about. He'll be learning some pretty complex stuff compared to what he saw at Miami, and he had a tough time getting it going there.

I would obviously put him in for PR/KR this year to get him comfortable in the league, then try to get him some time at WR, but thats just me.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4DaBERS wrote:
I think if this kid CAN go both ways, it's gonna be a few years before we see it. JA has indicated that they want to work him in at corner...if that's what they see in him, so be it, but with a guy like this I just think you have to figure ways to get the ball in his hands. He may not have enough upstairs to go both ways real soon...this is the NFL we're talking about. He'll be learning some pretty complex stuff compared to what he saw at Miami, and he had a tough time getting it going there.

I would obviously put him in for PR/KR this year to get him comfortable in the league, then try to get him some time at WR, but thats just me.

He needs to be a slot receiver. Like 4 said, we need to get the ball in his hands, and that is gonna happen a lot less on defense. Stupid IMO to have him at corner. When would he play anyway? Vasher is gonna get resigned to a big contract, Manning was given a lot of money to be a nickel, and Hester can't play #1's. Angelo put him at Wr.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he should stay at corner since hes not refined as a WR so he wont beat out berrian or bradley
if hes at corner he could play nickel since manning only gets his money if he does certain things like # of starts, INTs and other things from what iv heard

PR/KR for sure though
Mayhem

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I posted that a week ago or so in another thread. The idea of having Hester stretch the field to me is awesome. I'm not sure if he has WR hands - I'd hate to see the only ball he can catch is one thrown end over end like a duck while he's burning the field backwards...
qball8001

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, at Miami they first tried him at WR, I think I read in the ESPN magazine. But his hands where not that great, and he did not run routes well at all, but he did okay at corner, but his speed is such a factor that he has to be on the field one way or another.
redwing5

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously seriously doubt he will become a WR, he has a better chance at corner, while kick returning IMO
#80 Berrian
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redwing5 wrote:
I seriously seriously doubt he will become a WR, he has a better chance at corner, while kick returning IMO

agreed, but where ever he is he is gonna be extremely explosive

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:

agreed, but where ever he is he is gonna be extremely explosive

Immediately he will be explosive on PR and KR. This is just my guess here, but I think the coaches are thinking that he can be a shutdown (or as close as there is these days) like Deion Sanders was. Hester has very little coaching at CB from what I've read, and he has the explosive speed that Sanders has. The possibility is there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he is the next Deion. All I'm saying is that the physical ability is there - he has great quickness.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. He could become a solid cover corner. False. He will ever come clost to Neon Deion.

That would be sweet if he did though!!!

However, I do like the analogy there, and im glad ur not getting ur hopes up on him becoming Deion Sanders nytime soon
#80 Berrian

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: