You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR's Coming Back!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: WR's Coming Back!!! Reply with quote

This YouTube is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJYRPR1QJmo

The first 2/3 are from preseason, but still exciting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHadI37I9Y

Both are great at running after the catch. I can't wait to see both on the field at the same time. So much speed!

Berrian has really shown great hands, too. He makes tough catches even over the middle taking hits.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Bradley, I think he can be a real stud. Berrian will end up fighting Currie for the slot position... and right now Berrian has the upperhand by far.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry Grr, gotta disagree, Berrian will win out b/c:

A. Bradley is coming off injury, a very serious one, which i think he will only be @ 85% this year, andprobably 95% next year, he may never get back to 100% form sadly, hopefully I'm wrong though

B. Berrian and Rex showed great chemistry

C. Berrian had a full off season to get better

D. Berrian is Better
#80 Berrian
rub10

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind either one starting but i think berrian will start over bradley though
delakev

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me at this point I don't think Gage is completely expendable because Moose may be our biggest question mark at this point. We can't cut Moose or anything ridiculous, but Gage has been our only healthy reciever who can catch, if Moose is droppin balls in the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised if Gage gets one more year.

Thanks so much Scar!!
MooseJuice02

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Things i noticed about these guys: Anytime they get the ball expect to see some nice moves, i think Bradley had better moves in the open field, but Berrian has the speed to make defenders miss. I see Bradley starting because i think Angelo really liked what he saw. However, Berrian seems to have a real nice rapport with Grossman so I wouldnt rule him out. I think that it is going to depend on how well Grossman and Bradley work together. The other thing i noticed was Rex. He made some nice throws in these videos ecspecially in the Carolina game (and the bomb agaisnt GB) he threw one of the screens before Berrian even broke because he knew where Berrian was going to be. I expect a big year out of REX this year.
Mayhem

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like either having the ball thrown to them and can see two different styles of players in them. I think it will be nice to have them working with Moose this year.

I can't stop watching the Hester video and wondering what would happen if he came in at WR for a play and burn the field for a bomb, lol...
tonysoprano

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moosejuice, you should be studying instead of on here. Oh, by the way, I like Berrian over Bradley...but I do love what Bradley brings. Hopefully by game one Turner will go with 4 receivers and no Tight Ends on third and long (I would love to see Moose, Berrian, Bradley and Currie in there with TJ as our back).
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I was saying all along before the draft.

We got WR's last year to come in and play!!!!

I knew these guys were good the problem was the QB situation and the fact are coaching staff was still new. It was only Lovies second season the offense will get in gear, and Benson I fell will be great, we will be talking about him with the elite backs this time next year.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currie is the man to watch out for. I think we'll have 4, if not 5 guys fighting for playing time and all 5 are soild, young, fast receivers. Moose will be #1, but then it's up in the air. Currie never got the chance to show his abilities while being hurt. If I'm not mistaken he runs a sub 4.45 40 and has a motor in the open field like a moss or holmes, the guys everyone was dying for. Just think of him as a rook. IMO, this WR class will turn some heads this year, as long as Kyle Orton is not in.
redwing5

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure Currie will be a solid player, this will essentialy be his rookie year

Gage is def gone especially with Davis switching over

I'm calling it now, Berrian over Bradley
#80 Berrian
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly believe that Currie ad Hester will be the best KR duo the NFL has seen in years.
Brigg's Barrage

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact remains, though, that all of the Bears wideouts (except Moose) are young, fast, and haven't proven a thing in the NFL.

Berrian is a stud and must remain healthy. He was Rex's go to guy in the playoffs.

Moose will have a better year than last year. Turner will utilize his size better with Grossman at the helm and his YPC will rise.

Bradley must show that he can stay healthy, too. If he's healthy, he will probably start because he is one of Angelo's boys.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with Currie. I've never even seen this guy play in the NFL, so it's hard to have too high of expectations.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brigg's Barrage wrote:
The fact remains, though, that all of the Bears wideouts (except Moose) are young, fast, and haven't proven a thing in the NFL.

Berrian is a stud and must remain healthy. He was Rex's go to guy in the playoffs.

Moose will have a better year than last year. Turner will utilize his size better with Grossman at the helm and his YPC will rise.

Bradley must show that he can stay healthy, too. If he's healthy, he will probably start because he is one of Angelo's boys.

I'm taking a wait and see approach with Currie. I've never even seen this guy play in the NFL, so it's hard to have too high of expectations.

I'm a little worried too. Berrian seems to get banged up a lot, Bradley has had multiple knee injurys( 1 as a sooner) and currie is like berrian, cant shake the little things. But between the 3, odds are 2 will be able to stay healthy. Either way, with a QB that makes more than 1 read, One of these guys will step up.
redwing5

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yea, def, one or 2 of then should be able to stay healthy!!! Pray
#80 Berrian

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: