Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Clayton, Williamson or White?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boltfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Clayton, Williamson or White? Reply with quote

We all know about M. Williams and B. Edwards.

I have seen Mark Clayton play enough to know what I think about him. My take on Clayton is he's a natural reciever with good hands, good speed , gets in and out of breaks very well and just knows how to get open. He's not gonna help a RB with his down field blocking.

Troy Williamson and Roddy White, I have not seen play. Dont get to see UAB or the other SC play too much here in San Diego.

Can someone rank these 3(clayton, williamson, and white) with their own brief assesment of each receiver? Thanks.

Last edited by boltfan on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
powerfull

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- CLAYTON
2- WILLIAMSON
3- WHITE

CLAYTON - IS proven and battled tested and has played on the big stage and vs. top corners and got it done.

Williamson - seems to a draft pick on what he "MIGHT" be. not as battled tested and i see him as a poorman terry glenn.

WHite- a unknown with upside.

to be honest, drafting one of these botton two guys, you minus well draft Henry (WVA) or Mathis (Hampton).
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Clayton, Williamson or White? Reply with quote

boltfan wrote:
We all know about M. Williams and B. Edwards.

I have seen Mark Clayton play enough to know what I think about him. My take on Clayton is he's a natural reciever with good hands, good speed , gets in and out of breaks very well and just knows how to get open. He's not gonna help a RB with his down field blocking.

Troy Williamson and Roddy White, I have not seen play. Dont get to see NC State or the other SC play too much here in San Diego.

Can someone rank these 3(clayton, williamson, and white) with their own brief assesment of each receiver? Thanks.

White is from UAB not NC State.
boltfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPs, thanks sootedpair that shows how much I know about Roddy White.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually like white a lot hes my favorite out of that bunch. i saw a few UAB games on tv occasionally and he consistently made plays. he used his size to his advantage. ithink any team that takes him will be very happy with his production as a #2 guy. hes not a #1 guy in the nfl, but within a couple years, he could be

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton is the best reciever from that group. I actually have him ranked above Mike Williams. Many other people would as well if it were not for his size. He is very small.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton is a smallish guy and he'll kill as a slot reciever. Williams is a fast, big deep threat that can get down the field to spread the D or make a long grab. Never seen white play so I don't know that much about him.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Clayton- Probably the safest pick of the 3 WR. In the right offense could be a Marvin Harrison type receiver

2) Williamson - IMO he has the greatest upside of the 3 WR. I have only seen him play a couple times but he appears to have the tools to be a great WR or a bust

3) White - I like Roddy White a lot, but I wouldn't spend anything more than a mid 2nd round pick on him. Great size and speed but just not as proven as the other 2 IMO.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerfull wrote:

I don't think white is very unknown. Maybe to you he is ut leading the conutry in recieving yards is pretty impressive.

1. White- His quarterback is pretty good but their other wr's stink and every team knew he would be the focal point of their offense, but he still managed to put up nmbers. Has a striking resemblence in his style of play to terrell owens (who was a second rounder)

2. Clayton- He's pwoven to be good and is a safe first round bet, but he played on one of the nations top offenses and i dont think he will be a respectable number 1 reciever in the pros partly because of his size (see santana moss)

3. Williamson- To be honest i don know much about this guy. I know he's tall and has blazing speed but besides that i don't know. I know he would have more hype if he was above clayton and white.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerfull wrote:

I don't think white is very unknown. Maybe to you he is ut leading the country in recieving yards is pretty impressive.

1. White- His quarterback is pretty good but their other wr's stink and every team knew he would be the focal point of their offense, but he still managed to put up nmbers. Has a striking resemblence in his style of play to terrell owens (who was a second rounder)

2. Clayton- He's pwoven to be good and is a safe first round bet, but he played on one of the nations top offenses and i dont think he will be a respectable number 1 reciever in the pros partly because of his size (see santana moss)

3. Williamson- To be honest i don know much about this guy. I know he's tall and has blazing speed but besides that i don't know. I know he would have more hype if he was above clayton and white.
PackAttack3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this year's draft class is deep with receivers and I think that all 3 are good choices.

Williamson-definately has the most upside with great speed and good height. Raw and doesn't catch much over the middle, solely a deep threat now.

Clayton-has had good statistics. My only doubt is if it he's the product of a pass happy system at Oklahoma. Otherwise, should be a solid pick.

White-good numbers in C-USA. Could be a Moss type guy who breaks loose from that conference or an average receiver. Put up good numbers with 60 catches and over 1,400 yds.
RD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton, Williamson, then a clear step below, White.

There are only four WR's worth a first round pick this year. Mike, Braylon then Clayton and Williamson.

White's overrated IMO. Solid mid/late second rounder, but I dont like him in the first.

He used his size to his advantage in college, but he's not that big or strong by NFL standards. He's got good straightline speed, but isn't that quick off the line or in and out of breaks. He needs time to develop.

Since he's more of an upside pick, I'd take Jerome Mathis over him. Mathis is a pure playmaker and is better suited to make an impact in the NFL.
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Clayton, Williamson or White? Reply with quote

boltfan wrote:

Uh...all throughout the season the commentators were highlighting Clayton's blocking ability. Ask DJ how well MC can block...

MC took him to the ground a few times.

I do admit, however, that Brandon Jones is the best blocking WR from OU. Bradley is a deep threat. MC can kill you at anything, and is the best WR after the catch in the whole draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: