Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peter Boulware being shopped?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Peter Boulware being shopped? Reply with quote

This is from baltimore sun article. the link can be found in the DeMulling thread if your interested.

Quote:
NOTES: A league source said the Ravens are quietly shopping Peter Boulware around the league, but Newsome denied any trade talk. "At this point, Peter is rehabbing," Newsome said. The linebacker is coming off toe surgery.

What do you think?
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno if we'd get much in return w/ his injuries and all. if hes gone then who starts in his place? roderick green? wasn't he supposed to be one fo the biggest steals of last years draft?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what they were saying about Green when he was drafted. He's from a small school so he might take some time to adjust, but he was more of a prospect in the 3-4. A guy that I think will be a steal, and wanted us to take, was MLB Rod Davis, taken a few picks later in the fifth round by the Vikings. We could really use him, now that its likely well lose Ed Hatwell.

Back to Boulware.

If the Ravens were shopping him what position would they be trying to fill (another OLB, maybe a DT!), or might Ozzie be trying to get more first day draft picks?
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally wouldnt mind getting a big run stuffing DT, its really too bad big shaun rogers from detriot couldnt hit the open market, that would have been a great signing for us. I think it will all depend on who we can get in return whethers its a younger OLB, DT, or draftpicks.
rav5220

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ideal situation would be to trade with a team high in the draft and something like that.

Boulware, 1st round selection, 2006 2nd round pick to a team for their number 1 and take derrick johnson. That might be a little stretch but i could see it happen. Maybe throw in our 2005 3rd round.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be a huge stretch but it would be amazing, braylon edwards/mike williams should also get some consideration, but adding DJ to our defense would be amazing.
rav5220

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wut do u think that we would have to give up to move up for one of those three?
mic79e

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Derrick Johnson, but I don't really see us doing that, because Newsome has said that he thinks this is a really deep draft, and would like to acquire more 2nd-4th round picks.

I think we've added some key free agents and now it will be about getting a lot of quality young prospects to add depth. Back to the Raven's old system of building for the future through the draft.
raven5255

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boulware and the 22 and maybe a future 2nd or 3rd or something. thats my guess, could be more though, im not to sure.
rav5220

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that and im just dreamin. Can't I dream? But yea. Maybe if the colts trade edgerrin james for a second round pick, they'd be willing to trade 2 twos for another first. Then we'd have three seconds. We could take an ot or two. A d line. and a wide receiver with the last one. I would really love that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: