You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

'85 Bears Highlights... how close is our defense to this?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: '85 Bears Highlights... how close is our defense to this? Reply with quote

I know they aren't there yet, but I do believe that we are on the right track.

Notice the intensity and the desire to not just tackle someone, but to inflict pain while doing so. It's a beautiful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uoNwDHh3Mc

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend you do not watch this before going to work. You may find yourself less likely to put up with any BS.
By the way, Richard Dent has earned enshrinement in the HOF. This is not subject to debate. Fear consequences all who question this remark. Twisted Evil
mmike

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Post Grr, We have a long way to go, Lovie 3rd year will be better than his 2nd
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: '85 Bears Highlights... how close is our defense to thi Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
I know they aren't there yet, but I do believe that we are on the right track.

Notice the intensity and the desire to not just tackle someone, but to inflict pain while doing so. It's a beautiful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uoNwDHh3Mc

watching that brought a tear to my eye. I was 4 when the ran the league so seeing that vid puts it into prospective. Thanks you Grrr for that, you made my monday. Tonights family night in my house and with that I've decided on the flick......Super Bowl XX. VHS edition. Laughing
MooseJuice02

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: asda Reply with quote

Obviously with all the newer rules taht protect the QB, we wont see anything as intense is that. The thing that stands out to me and how hard they hit. It seems like that whole team hated their opponents. I think that we have some players that fit that though. Mike Brown comes to mind, he hits guys so hard somethimes. I also think of Briggs, he had some big ones. Not to mention T Harris because of his hit on J Garcia this year. I also see a little bit of Chris Harris because everyone joked that he doesnt care if he takes out his own teammates, he is going for the hit no matter what. We wont ever see that D again though, football is less physical and much more mental these days. A successful D can intimidate with big hits, but today with specialized Offensive plays a successful D needs to focus on certain coverages it seems .
Midway Monster

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the potential to be somewhat close to '85, but that D was the greatest ever. I mean it got us to the Super Bowl and scored so many points by itself. I don't think it will ever be totally matched.
4DaBERS

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with most of you. The `85 Defense will never again be matched by modern day football. Free agency/CBA/CAP and protection rules will never again allow for such dominance. I think our current crop is at least close to the most modern version we can get.
Peanut3

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now there is a great defense.. the thing that our defense is missing is nastiness.. dont get me wrong urlacher briggs brown harris and most of the rest bring it and will knock you out but there is no1 gettin up in peoples faces or not to say play dirty but just flat out want to kill you.. our defense now is too nice.. look into singletary's eyes and hell rip ur head off... they just flat out got after everybody and anybody while our defense is more of an actuall play calling and not going to rip someones head off which i think we should have
redwing5

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our d is awesome but not quite mean enough
#80 Berrian
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redwing5 wrote:
our d is awesome but not quite mean enough

I think we are on the verge of being "mean". Dusty brings a little mean streak with him and I think it will rub off on some of the guys that need just a little push to get them over the edge of nastiness.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not watching football back in 85(I was a very little kid then), but the old tapes I have seen they looked like they were more crushing and destructive as far their tackles and crashing into people. Other than that the current group is fairly close IMO.

Oh yeah I loved that video clip, it was great to watch. Smile Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: