You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Position Battles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeBrownAgain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Training Camp Position Battles Reply with quote

What do you guys think the legitimate battles will be?

WR 2: Berrian vs. Bradley (if Bradey is healthy in TC)
FS: Chris Harris vs. Danieal Manning (do you think this is legit?)
TE: Desmond Clark vs. Tim Day (long shot)
G: Metcalf vs. Garza (no question- up for grabs)
FB: Johnson vs. Runnels (i guess this is possible and Johnson will probably be hurt anyway)
CB 2: Tillman vs. Ricky Manning Jr. (could be some suprise competition here
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with these battles and I like what Im seeing

Go Bears!!!!!
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WR 2: Berrian vs. Bradley (if Bradey is healthy in TC)

Hmm....tough one, because Bradley isn't healthy yet is he? Anyone heard anything? If Bradley isn't healthy, I am going with Berrian. If he is healthy, it's more 50-50, but I'll go with Bradley.

Quote:
FS: Chris Harris vs. Danieal Manning (do you think this is legit?)

It's definatly a legit battle, but I think Harris holds off Manning. Manning is coming out of D-II ball, he's a rookie, who doesn't know the speed of the NFL, and there is always that rookie curve that they have to adjust to, the playbook, scheme etc. Harris wins this one.

Quote:
TE: Desmond Clark vs. Tim Day (long shot)

Unfortunatley I have to side with Clark with this one. Tim Day wasn't even drafted, not even for teams that need specials help, I don't see him unseating Clark. Clark is a veteran, he knows the game, scheme and plays. Clark is our "#1" TE for another year guys--get use to it...

Quote:
G: Metcalf vs. Garza (no question- up for grabs)

Will be a good battle. I think Metcalf wins this battle--he held off Garza last year. But I think Garza cracks the starting lineup. R. Brown has been looking his age lately, and I think Garza beats out Brown.

Quote:
FB: Johnson vs. Runnels (i guess this is possible and Johnson will probably be hurt anyway)

I am gonna go with Jonhson, just because he's a vet, and he knows the scheme, speed, playbook etc.

Quote:
CB 2: Tillman vs. Ricky Manning Jr. (could be some suprise competition here

No doubt it's Tillman. Tillman is our #1, hands down. Some people think he got burned (which he did), but he DID put up pro-bowl type #s compared to the likes of Rhonde Barber (check the stats if you don't believe me). Ricky Manning is to small to be a #1. Manning will be our Nickle Back, nothing more.

Here's some other Battles to keep your eye on:

Rex Grossman vs. Brian Griese

Hunter Hillenmeyer vs. Jamar Williams

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
Peanut3

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thin you missed the biggest of all.. tj and benson
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liljabre3 wrote:
i thin you missed the biggest of all.. tj and benson

Yeah I noticed that too, but I figured MikeBrownAgain knew it was a battle, but left it out because it has it's own thread. And if he woulda put that in there it would have turned into another "Jones/Benson" thread and defeat the purpose of the other battles.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
MikeBrownAgain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far we got

tj/benson (jack was right)
rex/griese
berrian/bradley
harris/manning
williams/hillenmeyer
runnels/johnson
clark/day
devorcek/scott
garza/metcalf
tillman/manning jr.
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Special Teams? Berrian vs Hester vs Manning vs Currie vs Davis? talk about an explosive competion. thats alot of speed.
Peanut3

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think hester should be started frm day 1 bc we drafted him for that reason and pretty much that reason only
BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't there something about Tillman moving to a safety position next to Mike Brown? Maybe this could be a battle
Tillman VS Harris
wildboy26

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Grossman vs Griese. I probably still hope for Griese but unfortunately it will probably be Grossman. Hopefully he silences his critics like myself this year, and if he doesnt do it this year finally hopefully his backers patience runs very thin by then.

FS: Harris vs Manning. Harris I think for now.

RB: Benson vs Jones. I would like it be Jones, but I think it will be Benson.

WR: Berrian vs Bradley. This is a tough one. I am going to go with Bradley though.

TE: Clark vs Day. Clark will run away with this one.

G: Metcalf vs Garza. I go with Garza 60-40 for now.

FB: Johnson vs Runnels: If Johnson is not injured, Johnson for sure.

CB2: Tillman vs Manning Jr.: I dont think the team even should have gotten Manning. I hope and definitely want it to be Tillman.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildboy26 wrote:
QB: Grossman vs Griese. I probably still hope for Griese but unfortunately it will probably be Grossman. Hopefully he silences his critics like myself this year, and if he doesnt do it this year finally hopefully his backers patience runs very thin by then.

FS: Harris vs Manning. Harris I think for now.

RB: Benson vs Jones. I would like it be Jones, but I think it will be Benson.

WR: Berrian vs Bradley. This is a tough one. I am going to go with Bradley though.

TE: Clark vs Day. Clark will run away with this one.

G: Metcalf vs Garza. I go with Garza 60-40 for now.

FB: Johnson vs Runnels: If Johnson is not injured, Johnson for sure.

CB2: Tillman vs Manning Jr.: I dont think the team even should have gotten Manning. I hope and definitely want it to be Tillman.

I agree with all these choices... the only one I can see possibly being different is Manning over Harris. But it obviously depends on how quickly Mannings picks up things in camp. The guy wasn't a second rounder for nothing, he can play.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty the Alcholic has no chance at beating out Scott..

They are two different types of players and we need Scott to eat up the blockers for Tommie to be successful. Scott is probably the best unknown player on our defense.

Dvorchek has a chance to get in the rotation though, but no shot at Scott.

Dvorchek would have to beat out Tommie Harris to crack the starting lineup. And we know that is not happening.

Can't nobody touch me right now. Maybe next month all of this will be over. But this month I'm takin' every movin' target out. ~tupac
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVasher wrote:

That's a pretty unfair statement Vash.... Dusty is not an alcoholic. No more of one than anyone who partied a little to much in college and made a mistake. He learned that he can't control his anger when he drinks, so he stopped. Two years now I believe. That's not an alcoholic.

NVasher wrote:
They are two different types of players and we need Scott to eat up the blockers for Tommie to be successful. Scott is probably the best unknown player on our defense.

Vash - you know that our defense is not designed for DTs to take up blockers, they are supposed to shoot the gaps. That's exactly why we don't have the Ted Washington type DTs anymore. Dvoracek is exactly that type of player that fits a gap shooting scheme.

NVasher wrote:
Dvorchek would have to beat out Tommie Harris to crack the starting lineup. And we know that is not happening.

So you're saying that Scott is better than Harris? Dvoracek has a better chance of taking Scott's spot than he does Tommie's.

I don't know that he will beat out either guy, chances are he'll be 3rd or 4th in the rotation. But I do know that I'm very anxious to see what he can do at this level.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
I don't know that he will beat out either guy, chances are he'll be 3rd or 4th in the rotation. But I do know that I'm very anxious to see what he can do at this level.

The fact is, Starting lineups mean nothing to the DT position. With our rotation last year, Tank played more snaps than Tommie certain times. It depends on the situation and who reaking more havoc in the gaps. So i would not be suprised if Dusty cracks the starting lineup. It wont take away from Ian or Tank. Each player is as important as the rest.

No joke, I cant wait to see the BATTLE OF THE KICKERS: GLOUD VS HUSTON
Good times.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
NVasher wrote:

That's a pretty unfair statement Vash.... Dusty is not an alcoholic. No more of one than anyone who partied a little to much in college and made a mistake. He learned that he can't control his anger when he drinks, so he stopped. Two years now I believe. That's not an alcoholic.

The alcoholic jokes are getting old. Alcoholism really isn't funny. A exerpt from the times:

Losing football was the impetus Dvoracek needed to turn his life around. A smart guy who scored a 41 out of a possible 50 on the Wonderlic test -- the highest score of anyone attending the Indianapolis scouting combine -- Dvoracek put two and two together and realized booze was the problem. He attended a court-ordered six-week course on anger control, went through extensive counseling for alcohol problems and wound up being reinstated to the team and regaining his captain's band.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: