You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Soo.... What if TJ had a 1300 + Yard 2004 Season?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dopey

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Soo.... What if TJ had a 1300 + Yard 2004 Season? Reply with quote

would we still have picked up Cedric Benson with the 4th overall pick?

i say no

we probably wouldve taken Mike Williams or maybe even Derrick Johnson

dayum i wish we took DJ

what do you guyz think?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea no way we would have taken him, proolly have taken DJ.
#80 Berrian
NKbearsNK

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we still would have taken Benson. TJ was full of injurys in AZ. Our running game is so important that he would have made sense either way. Who knows even now if TJ can continue being healthy.
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have traded down.

I seriously think they were looking at Braylon Edwards, amidst all the "Michigan WR talk" with us having David Terrell, and everything, I still think Angelo was targeting him.

However when he went a pick before us, if Jones would have had a 1300 yd season, we would have traded down.

Jones would be the undisputed #1, no need for Benson. We would have taken someone like Shelton later in the draft for a #2 RB.

I think we would have traded down a bit and probably picked up T. Williamson or even M. Williams.

I don't think there was any way that we would have taken Derick Johnson, we were looking to the offensive side of the ball last year and one of those WRs would have most likely been the pick.

I have to say I like this question.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
wildboy26

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way my first thought would be that if they drafted Benson they had doubts about Jones or they would not have drafted Benson. However the Bears seem to draft people they feel are the best player available next, or a player they feel is underrated they can get for less when they draft down. They dont seem to always go by which positions they are in most need of somebody, and take the best left at that position. That is just my impression watching their draft choices the last few years.

If that is the case they might have taken Benson even if Jones did have a a truly elite 04. I dont know.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildboy26 wrote:
In a way my first thought would be that if they drafted Benson they had doubts about Jones or they would not have drafted Benson.

Remember that at time the coaches and Angelo didn't see Jones as a fit in Turner's offense. It's designed to use a bigger, more north south of a runner rather than a scat back. And even though Benson really isn't much bigger than TJ, he's certainly more of a N/S runner than TJ is.

Little did they know that Jones would be ok in it and come away with a 1,300 yard season. None the less, Benson is the ideal type of back for this offense and I don't care how well Jones plays this training camp and preseason there is no way that the #4 overall pick and perfect back for the offensive scheme is going to be sitting on the bench. He will get at least 50% of the carries if not win the job outright.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
Remember that at time the coaches and Angelo didn't see Jones as a fit in Turner's offense. It's designed to use a bigger, more north south of a runner rather than a scat back. And even though Benson really isn't much bigger than TJ, he's certainly more of a N/S runner than TJ is.

Little did they know that Jones would be ok in it and come away with a 1,300 yard season. None the less, Benson is the ideal type of back for this offense and I don't care how well Jones plays this training camp and preseason there is no way that the #4 overall pick and perfect back for the offensive scheme is going to be sitting on the bench. He will get at least 50% of the carries if not win the job outright.

Yeah you are right. I remember them saying they were worried Jones could not handle Turner's style of offense and were not expecting one of the best years of his career last year. Obviously that makes things more complicated, but I agree with you that there is almost no holding Benson back from being atleast a half-time player, probably more than that, starting this year. It is a tough situation for Jones, but it is inevitable.
rub10

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know but ill go with no and say we would have traded down and taken Mike Williams or Mark Clayton

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: