Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

now I'm mad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickelpete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: now I'm mad! Reply with quote

I don't believe this! Red McCombs is sitting on his fat old butt while quality free agents are being snatched up. I just read that the Vikes are looking to bring in some FA tight end prospects (Freddie Jones) in anticipation of losing Jermaine Wiggins. Jermaine Wiggins is a journeyman TE at best, however, he happened to develop into Culpepper's favorite target when the blitzes were on or his first option receiver was covered. HOW IN THE WORLD IS A JOURNEYMAN TIGHT END TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE VIKES TO RESIGN!!! THEY HAVE 30 MILLION BUCKS UNDER THE CAP!!! It's one thing to sit and watch players, like Burress, express that they want to come play here and not be offered a contract. It's another to have your own players being shown the door so McCombs can have an even fatter wallet to sit on and cushion his old, lazy, lying, greedy butt!
purplefan05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'll admit it is pretty frustrating, let's try to keep a little faith in Brzezinski. He's been a little hamstrung by McCombs, but he is very smart and he'll make good things happen for us. If we're not signing the Masons, Burresses and Rolles it is probably for good reasons that fans just are clued into. Brzezinski has a solid and steady plan, I'm sure..... give him more than 4 days to execute it.

Here's hoping that Smoot is ready to start talking with us!
mighty baron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that we are not going to be active until after the leagues decides about the sale of the team march 9....and then after that hopefully fowler can give the green light to start spending.

Sources Espn Message board people heard on the radio that they wont start spending till after the deal. and IMO it makes sence everybody know Red's cheap and probably doesnt even what to negotiate with the vikes because of it....i think after the deal hopefully goes through we will get some decen players....I hope burress is still there come wednesday
Riddle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mighty baron wrote:
I heard that we are not going to be active until after the leagues decides about the sale of the team march 9....and then after that hopefully fowler can give the green light to start spending.

Sources Espn Message board people heard on the radio that they wont start spending till after the deal. and IMO it makes sence everybody know Red's cheap and probably doesnt even what to negotiate with the vikes because of it....i think after the deal hopefully goes through we will get some decen players....I hope burress is still there come wednesday

i thought that the next owners meating was the 20th to 23rd, and the earliest fowler could take over was the 23rd

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
Helter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought that the next owners meating was the 20th to 23rd, and the earliest fowler could take over was the 23rd

I believe that to be correct - free agents will be gone at that point

and keeping Jermaine Wiggins should be a priority , they are in sync as a QB and TE , and with Kleinssasser returning next season we could be awesome .

I don't know how much faith I have in Brzezinski , he let moss go for nothing , not too smart there ... if he has a plan it's the plan to get next seasons #1 pick in the draft (but then I don't have his job , maybe he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat)
nickelpete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helter wrote:
I believe that to be correct - free agents will be gone at that point

... if he has a plan it's the plan to get next seasons #1 pick in the draft (but then I don't have his job , maybe he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat)

1.) free agents and probably Jermaine Wiggins... This team has numerous holes on both offense and defense. But, the biggest "-hole" in the league is our owner.

2.) Time was a team could always excuse a lousy season by getting the #1 overall pick in the draft. Now that has become almost a curse (as SF will tell you) Sure you get first pick but you will be forced to pay them--I believe the going rate for a 1st overall pick (regardless of position) is somewhere in the 50-70 million range with a guaranteed signing bonus of somewhere between 10-30 million. Ridiculous money for a player that has never played a down in the pros. (Ask Cleveland, they were "forced" to make Kellen Winslow Jr. the highest paid player at his position...)
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem, as I have read, is that Red is forcing the GM to offer contracts that are loaded so that the signing bonus counts against next year's cap, so Fowler has to pay them when the sale goes through.

That's what caused Antonio Pierce to leave the table. Probably Burress, too.

The NFL owners could stop this by voting on the sale during their next meeting, but they have decided to wait until a later meeting to vote on it. I know how much it sucks when NFL owners start messing up your team. Try not to think about it, or you might just end up lynching the ba$tards.
purplefan05

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scenario, as I understand it, is that the bonuses won't be paid till July (still on this years cap though). We've still got room to work lots 'o magic. Darius and T. Taylor are dying to play here. D. Howard, J. Taylor are both looking for trades.

Have faith... it might finally be our time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: