You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greatest Franchise QB of All-time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the greatest QB in Titans franchise history?
George Blanda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Warren Moon
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Steve McNair
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Greatest Franchise QB of All-time Reply with quote

Let's take a look at the greatest player at each position in franchise history. I'll try to list all the names who belong in the discussion, but please chime in if I forgot anyone. We can take a new position each week. If you're not familiar with some of the older players, take some time to click the link and learn a little more about our history.

We'll start with Quarterback:

George Blanda: Only played with Houston for 7 years (1960 - 1966) but they were his most productive as a QB. His per-game averages were 14-28, 195 yds, 1.7 TD's and 1.9 INT's. He never missed a game in those seven years and was named a Pro-Bowler three times. He ranks third on the all-time points scored list because he also played kicker for most of his career.

Warren Moon
: Starting QB for the Houston Oilers for ten years, from 1984-1993, making the Pro-Bowl six straight years from 1988 - 1993. His per-game averages in the pass-heavy "run 'n shoot" offense were 19-32, 239 yards, 1.4 TD's, 1.2 INT's. On Dec. 16, 1990 he threw for 527 yards against the Kansas City Chiefs, the second most all-time in one game. He ranks 4th on the all-time passing yardage list behind just Marino, Elway and Favre. A first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Steve McNair: Spent 11 years as the Oilers/Titans starting QB. His per game averages are a modest 16-27, 191 yds, 1.1 TD's, 0.7 INT's. McNair made just two Pro-Bowls, but was named co-MVP of the NFL in 2003 and led the Titans to their only Super Bowl appearance in franchise history.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey

Last edited by titanrick on Tue May 09, 2006 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say Steve McNair because of his MVP and that he took us to our only Super Bowl ever Wink

but for the future, the best Titans QB will be Vince Young all time

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy to say Steve McNair because he has taken us to our only SB and he has been a part of the team for the past 11 years. But it is hard to ignore what Warren Moon had accomplished with the Oilers. Moon has every right to be mentioned with Steve McNair (actually I should say it the opposite way). But even with that said, I think Steve was a better leader because of his example he set. He rarelly came out of games, he never blamed it on the surrounding guys*, he was just an amazing player to play for. If I had to choose one guy to lead my team, it would be without a doubt...Steve McNair.

* Remember the AFC Divisional playoff game between New England and Tennessee a few years back. It was 4th and 2 (give or take a bit) with the game on the line if we didn't get that 1st down. McNair dropped back but got bullrushed by the blitzing LB's, McNair had no choice but to just throw it up in desperation. The ball came down to an awaiting Drew Bennett who somehow dropped an extremely catchable pass and the game was lost. This is the kind of leadership I'm talking about, because Steve was over on the sidelines comforting Bennett letting him know that it's not his fault they lost the game, to not let that one pass overcome what he had helped the team accomplish up to that point. That's the kind of leader that Steve McNair is.

They say that a Griffin is always in beast mode, I didn't realize what that meant until I heard the crack of bone and was eating turf for lunch.

Last edited by PacAttack on Sat May 06, 2006 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
luke1705

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys come on where is the love for warren moon here??? he's in the hall of fame, that should tell you something, and he was our QB for a long time and got this franchise a reputable name (in houston true, but he's still one of the best QBs ever). give the man some props. as much as i love mcnair and think that he's one of the top 10 QBs in the past decade, he still doesnt top moon.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go Moon too. As much respect as I have for Air as a leader, I think Moon's numbers and first-ballot HOF status give him the edge.

SHAVED_CHICKEN

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard to choose.....the only Titans ive ever known have been McNair's Titans.....but Moon was something special.....in the end, i gotta say McNair because of his leadership abilities, taking us to our only franchise superbowl, playing through all those injuries.....he was a warrior and he will be missed.....

do you think there is any possibility that McNair will make the HOF.....i doubt it

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Invictus

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Pastorini Razz

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
Dan Pastorini Razz

That's funny. Because he was with us for so long in the 70's, I started writing up a paragraph for him. Then I stopped and said "Ah, who am I kiddin?"

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
do you think there is any possibility that McNair will make the HOF.....i doubt it

I doubt it too. Unless he can fire off about three more above average years... which is possible.

Invictus

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Dan and that whole "Luv Ya Blue" era! Dan was the man along with Earl, Renfro, Mauck, Brazile and the rest. My dad took me to the Monday night game against the Dolphins that was made famous by Campbell running roughshod over that defense. It was my 1st ever pro game and the start of my love afair with the Oilers. Thats why I pick Dan Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: