Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dating Single Mothers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigepmagicmike

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Dating Single Mothers Reply with quote

So I recently started seeing a single mother. What advice does this forum have to offer on this? Thanks.

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Dating Single Mothers Reply with quote

sigepmagicmike wrote:
So I recently started seeing a single mother. What advice does this forum have to offer on this? Thanks.

Mike

1 thing that hyappened to someone i know is they dated a single mother and after so long they broke up and she is coming after him for child support even though it is not his child

he acted like her father for awhile so her lawyer thinks they can get it

watch this stuff man
Maverick41

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be fine. I know a bunch of people who date single mothers. The only thing you have to be leary of, is if she has a deadbeat. Than you could find yourself in some trouble, because she could be just looking for someone to latch on to for financial support.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620
BornToFly

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is the child? is it just one or more than 1 kid involved. Is the father of the child/s involved? remember, when you are dating a mother, you are also dating her children. Be very caucious as to how how attached they may be getting to you, cause if the father is not around, you are now the father figure to them.
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what BornToFly said. If you're the kind of guy who's just dating for fun with no real plans to ever commit, this sounds like it could be damaging to the children. I can't imagine the pain of having a father leave when you're young but you don't want to add to that in any way.

But if you're possibly finding out that she's a soulmate to settle down with, I don't see why previous children would scare you away. Depends on what you're looking for, but it's great that you recognize there are some other things to consider when kids are involved.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 23 and she is 31. She has 3 kids. Oldest is 9 which is a girl. The boy is 8 and the youngest is a girl and is 3. I'm not out for just fun but I do like her a lot and she is a hair stylist and she has cut my hair for about a year now. We get along great and the kids dont bother me at all. Father really isnt in their lives either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like her, make sure you've got a job that pays well, because those kids will sap your income.

There really shouldn't be any problems, as long as you're good with kids, though.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
sigepmagicmike

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill for Prez wrote:
If you like her, make sure you've got a job that pays well, because those kids will sap your income.

There really shouldn't be any problems, as long as you're good with kids, though.

I work at SunTrust Bank so money is not an issue for me. I did, however, tell her up front that I am not going to try and be a daddy to the kids unless it becomes a lot more later if you know what I mean.

Also, I am very good with kids so again that isnt an issure for me.
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, My dad married a single mother that we'll cal Theresa.

She is a bum who still can't make her own money, all of HER kids are future inmates or hookers, and I didn't really like her. After that, my dad finally saw that she just wanted money and that she was a cheap floozy.

We finally moved away from her and this might be really tricky for you to go out with a single mom.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halfback007 wrote:

She is a bum who still can't make her own money, all of HER kids are future inmates or hookers, and I didn't really like her. After that, my dad finally saw that she just wanted money and that she was a cheap floozy.

We finally moved away from her and this might be really tricky for you to go out with a single mom.

But how do you really feel about her?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
Halfback007 wrote:

But how do you really feel about her?

At the very least.......... I really really really did not like her.
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sticky situation, I agree with BornToFly though.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigepmagicmike wrote:
Bill for Prez wrote:

I work at SunTrust Bank so money is not an issue for me. I did, however, tell her up front that I am not going to try and be a daddy to the kids unless it becomes a lot more later if you know what I mean.

Also, I am very good with kids so again that isnt an issure for me.

I understand what you are saying, but even tho you are not going to try and be the daddy to her three yound children, IF their father is not activly involved in their lives, and you are around more than him, by defult you become the father figure, it is great that get along and are good to the kids, that is what they need. The sticky part comes in is if for some reason you and her do not work out, you and her will not be the only ones heartbroken, those kids become hurt as well,you just gotta take it slow. It could definlty work out and everyone would win, kids included. Smile Just know that it does get harder when you have children in the mix.
Deets

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dating Single Mothers Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
sigepmagicmike wrote:

Mike

1 thing that hyappened to someone i know is they dated a single mother and after so long they broke up and she is coming after him for child support even though it is not his child

he acted like her father for awhile so her lawyer thinks they can get it

watch this stuff man

that is just sad, punishing people for kindness Evil or Very Mad

FF Member #67
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to reiterate what was said earlier, if your looking for an outgoing woman your barking up the wrong tree. Be ready for quite nights "at home"
My last relationship was with a single mother and though we cared for each other and I liked her son, the alone time became a real problem especially since we worked seperate shifts and her baby sitter and parents weren't always willing to accomodate us. Good Luck though
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: