Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Golf
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packerfan466230

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Golf Reply with quote

Anyone here play golf?
I play on the school team and I've been playing for 2 years.

Anyone else?

=
NyViKiNg4 wrote:
You guys are lames man.

NyViKiNg4 wrote:
Focker out.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

packerfan466230 wrote:
Anyone here play golf?
I play on the school team and I've been playing for 2 years.

Anyone else?

i try packer i try

i have a natural swing but i need so much work its not even funny
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play golf and I LOVE IT!!! The Wachovia is here this week, so I am really paying attention. Phil Mickleson walked right by me, could of touched him, but that would have been weird Smile. Been the last 2 years, but wont make it this year. Sad
Anyway, I am 6 3, so I can really smake the crap out of the ball. If I got to play on a weekly basis, I might actually be pretty good, but I dont, and I can really hack it out on the course.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
I play golf and I LOVE IT!!! The Wachovia is here this week, so I am really paying attention. Phil Mickleson walked right by me, could of touched him, but that would have been weird Smile. Been the last 2 years, but wont make it this year. Sad
Anyway, I am 6 3, so I can really smake the crap out of the ball. If I got to play on a weekly basis, I might actually be pretty good, but I dont, and I can really hack it out on the course.

i need to spend the next 5 years at the range hahaha
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i golf all the time. no better way to vent the frustrations of the past few days than whacking that ball around a field for 4 hours. i've been golfing since i was about 5 or 6 so it's been almost 15 years, but i've only started taking it semi-seriously for about 5 years. i shoot in the low 80's on a consistent basis. but i should be quite a bit better...very frustrating.
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i been on the varsity team all four years. I about a three handicap, i've gone to states the last two years

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
theJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
i try packer i try

I am like you it seems. I played in high school, but the coach was worthless. I had a nasty slice, and he couldn't even tell me (as i found out later) that all i had to do was hold the club differently. Now i can go out any day and shoot a little under 50 or so on 9 without practice, but i'm sure i could do much better with regular playing.

So to any of you guys that have a slice, you can't hold it like a baseball bat. You must turn you bottom hand overtop of the club. This prevents the club head from opening up, preventing the dreaded slice, which about 97% of golfers have. Laughing

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
cew28315039

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play i am pretty good and if my knee doesnt heal the way it is suppose to i might play GOlf instead of Football
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Golf Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
i try packer i try

I am like you it seems. I played in high school, but the coach was worthless. I had a nasty slice, and he couldn't even tell me (as i found out later) that all i had to do was hold the club differently. Now i can go out any day and shoot a little under 50 or so on 9 without practice, but i'm sure i could do much better with regular playing.

So to any of you guys that have a slice, you can't hold it like a baseball bat. You must turn you bottom hand overtop of the club. This prevents the club head from opening up, preventing the dreaded slice, which about 97% of golfers have. Laughing

i had to change the way i stand(my stance) to get rid of my slice i am aiming for the woods and then it comes back into the middle of the fairway

kinda funny
LIEY8

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 15 and I've been playing for 3 years. The first time I ever went, I shot a 158. Shocked Since then I've gotten alot better and shooting 90's. I tried out for the school team but it didn't work out. Laughing

Life Goes On
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LetItEnfoldYou8 wrote:
I'm 15 and I've been playing for 3 years. The first time I ever went, I shot a 158. Shocked Since then I've gotten alot better and shooting 90's. I tried out for the school team but it didn't work out. Laughing
a

You wanna know something sucks worst then that? I was the final cut on my baseball team 2 years in a row. 15 guys make it, im #16. Hey maybeIll try basketball, cut. Thats when I decided to do football. I did ok.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv played for like 3 or 4 years and i play quite a bit last year but then i kinda just stopped playing altogether and its like im trying to learn the whole thing again now Confused

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in high school for four years and my senior year was second team all county. I probably wouldn't be all that good now since I haven't played in a while because of college. I can't wait to start playing again though. I usually shot in the low to mid 80s but occassionally when I was hot went low into the 70s, that'll never happen again though Very Happy .

DwareisDfuture with the sig
Titansfan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This maybe should be in the "Other Sports" forum because Golf is a sport I suppose.... Wink .

To be honest I can't stend watching golf because it takes forever to take a shot and it isn't the most enthralling sport in the world. However, I do respect the people who are amazing at it because it really does take some skill. Some of the shots they play are simply amazing.

I went once with a few mates and the first swing I took with the club I missed the ball. I find it so hard. I then went to the driving range and I could barely break the 50 yard barrier.... Confused .

It is a hard sport to play.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
This maybe should be in the "Other Sports" forum because Golf is a sport I suppose.... Wink .

To be honest I can't stend watching golf because it takes forever to take a shot and it isn't the most enthralling sport in the world. However, I do respect the people who are amazing at it because it really does take some skill. Some of the shots they play are simply amazing.

I went once with a few mates and the first swing I took with the club I missed the ball. I find it so hard. I then went to the driving range and I could barely break the 50 yard barrier.... Confused .

It is a hard sport to play.

Man, you live in England and you're not into golf. There are some of the finest courses in the history of man over there.

DwareisDfuture with the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: