Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Viking's offseason needs the rest of the way

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slackerboyjonny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Viking's offseason needs the rest of the way Reply with quote

These needs are in order or priority:

1. Getting a playmaking wide receiver. I do like Burleson, because he is so smooth in almost everything he does, but contrary to what Mike Tice says, I do not think he is suitable to be the #1 receiver on this team yet. Personally, I would like Plaxico Burress . That way we wouldn't have to use up an early draft pick to get one of the 2 receivers in the draft (edwards or williams) and we could use them for other priorities.

2. Linebacker! We got Harris, and I think Henderson and Dontarrious Thomas could fight for another spot. So this leaves me to believe we could get either Hartwell, or Derrick Johnson by trading up in the draft. Harris is solid, either of our 2 young linebackers could become solid, and either of those 2 mentioned above would be VERY acceptable. I'm hoping for DJ!

3. Special Teams KICKER!! Nugent is almost a priority. He's accurate, and can kick the ball more than 50 yards. I don't care what he did at the combine, he's a very reliable kicker, and we haven't really had one of those on our team in a while. We wouldn't have to keep shuffling our kickers around. we'd be able to solidify that spot for years to come.

4. Safety help. We already have a good secondary. I don't think anyone studies more film than Corey Chavous, and I think he is VERY valuable to this team because he studies all of the draft picks. it's no coincidence that ever since he's been a part of our team that we have had success in our drafts. But Russell just doesn't cut it. I could maybe see Brian Williams moving over to safety, but I think he would be a darn good nickel back in this league. Darius would be good, but at the cost of a 2nd rounder and losing our chance to get Nugent, that would be a bit risky. Maybe with the 18th pick in the draft if we don't trade it away.

With that, I would like to say with those accomplished, we might have the best team in the NFL. The chances of ALL of these happening are probably not realistic, but I'm hoping for about 2 or 3 out of the 4. Also, I do not think we should go after Travis Taylor if we get another bigtime WR. Who was the Colt's 4th receiver? We would already have 3 very solid ones, so a 4th wouldn't be necessary. Campbell (the druggie that he is) would be a good change-of-pace receiver as a #4. Give me your input and tell me what you think!!!
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Howard. Darren Howard! DARREN HOWARD!

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartwell would be a great signing however he wants to play MLB, im not sure aobut Napoleon Harris, but doesnt EJ Hendersona nd Dontrarious Thomas both play MLB? I could be wrong so let me know. otherwise someone will have to move to OLB if you sign Hartwell because Hartwell already told the ravens that he wouldnt move to OLB, wants to stay inside.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas is an OLB, Henderson is a MLB.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Riddle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
Hartwell would be a great signing however he wants to play MLB, im not sure aobut Napoleon Harris, but doesnt EJ Hendersona nd Dontrarious Thomas both play MLB? I could be wrong so let me know. otherwise someone will have to move to OLB if you sign Hartwell because Hartwell already told the ravens that he wouldnt move to OLB, wants to stay inside.

Henderson plays MLB, but might be better suited to play Weak side...Harris is going to play strong side...Dontarrious has the potential to play all 3...i think he'll end up starting for us in either the will or the mike this year

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
Helter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harris is playing outside

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: