Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the Vikings Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macksb13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: State of the Vikings Address Reply with quote

After all the deals that look done are officially complete I think we can have a top 5 team this year. But there are still things we need to help in the draft.
Assuming going into the draft we have Plaxico, Smoot and Wiggens locked up even if we dont get anyone else, here's what we should do.
First pick if Derrick Johnson is still on the board Take Him. If not the next best thing is Rolle even if we have Smoot and Darius another great playmaking defender cant hurt. If both are takin I say that we should take Mike Williams or Braylen Edwards. Again like the defense another playmaker cant hurt.
The only real needs goin into the draft would be a kicker (must get nugent 2nd round) Backup Qb (I really like McPherson in like the 3rd round. Unbelievable athlete dont be afraid of character issues hes not the next randy moss he made one mistake and his time in the afl really made him reallize that. Another need is linebacker and safety (if we dont get Darius) But even if we take a second tier player at those positions we have enough talented players to work.
Now as long as we get our picks in on time lol we have had great drafts the last few years. Now the late rounds if we could pick up someone like a Roscoe Parrish from the U he could help our special teams out a lot
This could be the year we break the curse. Hey the Sox did it why cant the Vikes win a championship. From where I'm sittin it looks pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: