Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Song of All Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
My favorite U2 song is Where The Streets have No Name. Great song! Defenitely top 5

remember in 2002 when they played it for the super bowl? excellent performance.

put this year's Stones show to shame, that's for sure. and i won't even mention mccartney's flop the year before. ooops, just did.
Applause praise it

What's a fan to do when his team keeps falling apart?
Try and pick the pieces up of his broken heart?
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
My favorite U2 song is Where The Streets have No Name. Great song! Defenitely top 5

put this year's Stones show to shame, that's for sure. and i won't even mention mccartney's flop the year before. ooops, just did.

Oh God lets not even start with the Stones performence. I think it would be safe to say that Mick Jagger needed to give up the act 20 years ago.

And oh yes, U2 was excellent.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

McCartney wasn't that bad. Well, at least not compared to The Stones.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcowboy31 wrote:
Oh God lets not even start with the Stones performence. I think it would be safe to say that Mick Jagger needed to give up the act 20 years ago.

i don't think the Stones were that bad, it's just they can't "start it up" by only playing two songs.

and U2's show was that much more spectacular given it was the first super bowl following the 9-11 disaster.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
DLMUSTANG21

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Dcowboy31 wrote:

i don't think the Stones were that bad, it's just they can't "start it up" by only playing two songs.

and U2's show was that much more spectacular given it was the first super bowl following the 9-11 disaster.

i saw the stones in person,they played at my birthday
tdub

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Dcowboy31 wrote:

that and the fact that U2's songs, especially that one have a more anthemic sound too them. that really was a good halftime show. i think my fav u2 song tho is sunday bloody sunday

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waaaaaaaay to many to name! Smile
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be impossible for myself to limit myself to just one all-time favorite song so I've narrowed it down to a few.

All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix

-I prefer his version over Bob Dylan's but both are incredible. I think I'm one of the VERY few people of my age to listen to classic rock and appreciate it as much as I do which is sad.

Way Of The Light by Gift Of Gab

-This song is one that I wouldn't doubt if I'm the only one on here to have heard it but it honestly reflects who I am and a large part of the way I think.

Brain Damage by Pink Floyd

-Leaves me speechless everytime I listen to it, I wish Roger Waters would get off his high horse and do some more shows other than Live Aid.

Dune Methane by Hieroglyphics

-Another song that I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only to to have heard it. Hieroglyphics are the epitome of hip hop and this song is just so fun to listen to.

Jammin' by Bob Marley

-The ultimate chill song. Enough said.

Officer by Slightly Stoopid

-Great song, great band, and it's a great song to listen to when you're chillin on the back porch with your friends.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish you were here - pink floyd or ride the lightning - metallica
it's a very hard toss up mostly depends on the mood

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
AND WHAT THAT IS REMAINS TO BE SEEN
MadAtFalcons

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
I think it would be impossible for myself to limit myself to just one all-time favorite song so I've narrowed it down to a few.

All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix

-I prefer his version over Bob Dylan's but both are incredible. I think I'm [b]one of the VERY few people of my age to listen to classic rock and appreciate it as much as I do which is sad.

Way Of The Light by Gift Of Gab

-This song is one that I wouldn't doubt if I'm the only one on here to have heard it but it honestly reflects who I am and a large part of the way I think.

Brain Damage by Pink Floyd

-Leaves me speechless everytime I listen to it, I wish Roger Waters would get off his high horse and do some more shows other than Live Aid.

Dune Methane by Hieroglyphics

-Another song that I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only to to have heard it. Hieroglyphics are the epitome of hip hop and this song is just so fun to listen to.

Jammin' by Bob Marley

-The ultimate chill song. Enough said.

Officer by Slightly Stoopid

-Great song, great band, and it's a great song to listen to when you're chillin on the back porch with your friends.
NICE!!!

*All along the watchtower is my 2nd favorite Hendrix song. (First being Hey Joe) But I mean, all of his music was so great!!!

*Brain Damage/Eclipse is what I said. I thin, you cant have one without the other...

*I LOVE HIEROGLYPHICS!!! Nobody has ever heard of him over here in ATL, I didnt think anyone had heard of them, but it makes sense that you have cuz theyre from Oakland.

*Bob Marley.... Me and him have one big thing in common and its not being talented musicians Wink

Bucknut

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November Rain: Guns 'N Roses

Stairway to Heaven: Zepplin

For those About to Rock: AC/DC

3 is the best I could do. Very Happy

The man, the myth, the LEGEND, A.J. Hawk
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:

*I LOVE HIEROGLYPHICS!!! Nobody has ever heard of him over here in ATL, I didnt think anyone had heard of them, but it makes sense that you have cuz theyre from Oakland.

Hieroglyphics are by far my favorite musical group ever. Third Eye Vision is the best album I've ever listened to in my opinion. It's a shame not many people know them because they epitomize what real hip hop is.

If you like Hiero, you should check out some other Oakland hip hop artists/groups like Blackalicious, Living Legends, Gift Of Gab, Enzyme Dynamite, and Lost Souls.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

Hieroglyphics are by far my favorite musical group ever. Third Eye Vision is the best album I've ever listened to in my opinion. It's a shame not many people know them because they epitomize what real hip hop is.

If you like Hiero, you should check out some other Oakland hip hop artists/groups like Blackalicious, Living Legends, Gift Of Gab, Enzyme Dynamite, and Lost Souls.
I think I might like Full Circle better. The beginning of Classic is so great. "This is some real culture" and then they take it and make it a kickass song! I'll defenitely check out those other groups. Yeah, thinking about it, I like Full Circle better. But 3rrd Eve Vision is defenitely great too. Everybody in ATL listens to the A-Town Rapperz, my brother (who lives in New Mexico) introduced me to them

oaktownOG

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadAtFalcons wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

I think I might like Full Circle better. The beginning of Classic is so great. "This is some real culture" and then they take it and make it a kickass song! I'll defenitely check out those other groups. Yeah, thinking about it, I like Full Circle better. But 3rrd Eve Vision is defenitely great too. Everybody in ATL listens to the A-Town Rapperz, my brother (who lives in New Mexico) introduced me to them

Yeah, I know what you mean. The majority of people who listen to rap think it's hip hop and it really used to get me P.O'd but oh well, it's their loss for not giving real hip hop a try. Full Circle is awesome, my favorite song off of it is Heatish. I think that Third Eye is just too solid from beggining to end and it's Del at his best. I still will listen to some 'rap' just because it's fun when you're at a party but if I'm just rolling in my truck or kicking it with my friends around the house it has to be real hip hop. I'm not much into the whole gangsterness, I've really shifted to hip hop with positive messages like Hiero, Gift Of Gab and Living Legends. I've been producing my own music for a couple years now and I view Hiero as the gold standard of what hip hop is and should be. Although, Lil Jon is an amazing producer regardless of what people have to say about his lyrics.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:
MadAtFalcons wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The majority of people who listen to rap think it's hip hop and it really used to get me P.O'd but oh well, it's their loss for not giving real hip hop a try. Full Circle is awesome, my favorite song off of it is Heatish. I think that Third Eye is just too solid from beggining to end and it's Del at his best. I still will listen to some 'rap' just because it's fun when you're at a party but if I'm just rolling in my truck or kicking it with my friends around the house it has to be real hip hop. I'm not much into the whole gangsterness, I've really shifted to hip hop with positive messages like Hiero, Gift Of Gab and Living Legends. I've been producing my own music for a couple years now and I view Hiero as the gold standard of what hip hop is and should be. Although, Lil Jon is an amazing producer regardless of what people have to say about his lyrics.
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Man, listening to the lyrics of Full Circle, you know, theyre all critisizing Gangsta Rap. Its true too. This is much better. This is real music. Everybody needs to go listen to Heiroglyphics for homework. Man my musical taste is weird, 70s Rock and Hip Hop LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: