Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Drew Brees Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theginz2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Drew Brees Trade Reply with quote

I heard yesterday on the radio, "Formerly *690" That the niner's are in close trade talks with the chargers. The deal would be the charger's 2 1rst rounders and Drew Brees for our number 1 over all and J.P.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/board.cgi?board=main&action=display&num=78320

What do you think of this?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you get your information from other forums thats a real hot bed of niner news you found there. No it wont happen Chargers will give Brees another year and why trade 2 #1 for the #1 pick Chargers dont need anyone with the #1 pick maybe williams but they are not gonna give up 2 #1's for him.
theginz2004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter where i got it from. Someone else heard it on the radio so i just put it up here to see what you think!
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this was actually reported or not?
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the niners shouldn't do it. A healthy JP this is priceless
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: THAT WOULD BE A GREAT TRADE TO MAKE IF ITS TRUE. Reply with quote

I DON'T SEE IT ANYWHERE NEAR HAPPENNING WITHOUT SOME TWEEKS LIKE THE 49ERS GIVING THE CHARGERS THEIR 2ND RD PICK OR A FUTURE PICK. BUT IT IS A GREAT RUMOR AND WOULD BE VERY BENIFICIAL FOR THE 49ERS.
SquadraOvest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: THAT WOULD BE A GREAT TRADE TO MAKE IF ITS TRUE. Reply with quote

mr.knowitall wrote:
I DON'T SEE IT ANYWHERE NEAR HAPPENNING WITHOUT SOME TWEEKS LIKE THE 49ERS GIVING THE CHARGERS THEIR 2ND RD PICK OR A FUTURE PICK. BUT IT IS A GREAT RUMOR AND WOULD BE VERY BENIFICIAL FOR THE 49ERS.

If JP is healthy then it's actually a pretty even trade. Both teams are fairly desperate to get out of their current postions. For the Niners, they need a veteran QB and they need to get out of the #1 overall position in the draft. For the Chargers, they need a #1 receiver (either Edwards or Willaims), and they need to eliminate either Rivers or Brees from their roster because no team, no matter how good their current cap situation, can afford to tie that much money into the QB position unless they are the Colts. You cannot afford to just sit Rivers indefinitely and waste all that cap money on the bench.

The trade is much simpler if broken down like this:

Deal one: #1 overall for #12 and #28
Deal two: a resigned Dree Brees for Julian Peterson

Both trades are fair in a relative sense and both trades make sense for both teams. It's not lopsided either way.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the good for the niners. Brees had one good season and is not a bonafide superstar like JP is. You also got to look that Brees had one of the best weapons in Tomlinson and a breakout performance Gates. Not to mention S.D line did an excellent job blocking for him. Don't get me wrong this is a major upgrade from Rat but we surely aren't getting the better of the deal when we are losing one the most dynamic LB in the leauge JP. I also think Rodgers has more accuarcy and power than Brees. And would rather take Rodgers at #1 and gamble that way Exclamation
Mr. Brightside

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this trade goes trough, who do u guys want with the #12 and #28 pick's? I want Shawne Merriman at #12, I think that Nolan and Singletary can do with him what the did with Suggs in Baltimore. With the #28 I want Spears if he falls there, if not I want Baas or Cody.
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't happening.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is not a good trade at all. a health JP is way better than drew brees. drew brees had one great season, we'll see what happens this year. also brees has LT behind him and he has antonio gates to throw too. Barlow is no LT, and eric johson is decent but he is no where near the talent of antonio gates.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Brightside wrote:
If this trade goes trough, who do u guys want with the #12 and #28 pick's? I want Shawne Merriman at #12, I think that Nolan and Singletary can do with him what the did with Suggs in Baltimore. With the #28 I want Spears if he falls there, if not I want Baas or Cody.
I agree that would be awsome if they got one of the players you listed and then got a CB and RB in the later rounds and signed Burress or take a risk with Boston they would be right back in the playoffs and I would rub it in those haters' face that they are back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: