Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Never too early (2007 Mock Draft)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it ever to early to look to next years draft?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
No
69%
 69%  [ 41 ]
I'll give it some time
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 59

viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Never too early (2007 Mock Draft) Reply with quote

First of all, just let me say that I am not an analyst, and I won't pretend to be one. I think I factored in most of the teams first day picks in the 2006 draft to make this mock more realistic. Being no expert, I had to reference this mock, created about a month ago.
http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45339

Well, here it is.

2007 Mock Draft

1) Detroit (trade/San Francisco) – Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame - Why Detroit? They don’t exactly have an overload of talent.. Why Quinn? Well, Unless you have a Reggie Bush in the draft, a QB is the unanimous #1 pick.

2) New York Jets – Adrian Peterson* RB Oklahoma – Why New York? They have major questions at both QB and RB, which is a horrible combination. Why Peterson? I think this pick is Peterson because the Jets need to get some wins and with Curtis Martin’s age (and lack of productivity), they need someone who can get them some yards and, more importantly, some TD’s.

3) Oakland – Drew Stanton QB Michigan State – Why Oakland? The answer is obvious, no QB. The obvious trend here is, in my opinion, no QB= no wins. Why Stanton? This also is a bit of a reach but I see Drew Stanton having a great senior season and competing all year with Brady Quinn to be college football’s next big thing.

4) San Francisco (trade/Detroit) – Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin – Why Detroit? Well, get ready for a shock. Detroit gets the 5th pick in the draft due to a lack of productivity at QB. Crazy, I know. Why Thomas? No one would be very surprised to see Thomas go this early as long as he has a good senior season and rehabs his injury well.

5) Tennessee – Paul Posluszny LB Penn State – Why Detroit? They will likely be some people’s sleeper team, but not mine. I just don’t think they have the talent to win more than 5-6 games this upcoming year. Why Posluszny? He is a great linebacker that could have possibly been a first rounder in the 2006 Draft. He gave it a year and I think that it will pay off.

6) Houston – Justin Blalock OT Texas – Why Houston? I think that the Texans are not as bad as people say. They have a decent QB and a good RB whether it is Domanick Davis or Reggie Bush. Why Blalock? Well, he is 6’4” and already 329 lbs. so he definitely has the size. Blalock will be a great player in Houston and a starter from Day 1.

7) Buffalo – Gaines Adams DE Clemson – Why Buffalo? They have a young and struggling QB and their defense is not what it once was. It could be a long year for Bills fans. Why Adams? He is just a great athlete that played the “rover” position in college. He has the potential to be a NFL star at either DE or LB.

8) New Orleans – Patrick Willis LB Mississippi – Why New Orleans? They have a good QB, and two great running backs, but they are lacking on the defensive side of the ball. Why Willis? He is very athletic and could easily make the switch to the outside, which would elevate his draft status to the top 10.

9) Green Bay – Dwayne Jarrett* WR USC – Why Green Bay? They still don’t know who their QB or RB is going to be. That looks like it could cause some problems. Why Jarrett? He is a good receiver from a great program. Green Bay has become desperate for wide receivers following the Javon Walker trade and the unfortunate situation with last years-2nd round pick.

10) Arizona – Michael Bush RB Louisville – Why Arizona? Their QB is nothing special and their defense is full of “softies”. Not exactly a winning combination. Why Bush? Well, after Reggie’s instant success teams will be doing whatever it takes to get another guy on their roster with the last name Bush. Not really. I think that Bush has a huge senior season and sees his draft status soar. It really pays off that he stayed in college. Good move Michael.

11) Cleveland – Kenneth Darby RB Alabama – Why Cleveland? They have a good RB and a hard working defense, but very little talent to pair with that aggressiveness. Why Darby? He is a good back in a system that fits his talents, and seems poised for a huge senior season.

12) Baltimore – Ted Ginn Jr.* WR/CB The Ohio State University – Why Baltimore? Uncertainty at quarterback and a defense that isn’t what it once was, Baltimore probably won’t be seeing the playoffs this year. Why Ginn? It seems low, but what position does he play? The questions surrounding him are the reason that he falls to #12.

13) St. Louis – Willie Williams* LB Miami, Fl. – Why St. Louis? They have a good running back, and they are trying to upgrade on defense, but I still don’t see them putting it all together this year. The future’s bright though. Why Williams? Despite not being very proven, I think Williams will have a good year and see his stock soar. Teams are high on potential, ask Matt Jones or Antonio Cromartie.

14) Atlanta – Kenny Irons RB Auburn – Why Atlanta? Michael Vick is growing older, but showing no signs of improvement. I’m still not sold on him as a proven winner. Why Irons? He is a tough back who is almost a combination of current Falcons players Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett. Neither of those two seems to have much of a future with Atlanta, and Irons seems like a logical pick.

15) San Diego – Laron Landry S LSU – Why San Diego? They have a great offense that happens to be led by an unknown quarterback. He has the credentials, but how much do I trust a quarterback who has never started an NFL game. Why Landry? It seems like he will go top 10, especially after him being considered a top 20 selection had he entered the draft in 2006. However, I’m not sold on him and I am predicting a down year in his future.

16) New England - LaMarr Woodley DE/LB Michigan – Why New England? The loss of players and coaches has finally caught up to them. I see them as an 8-8 team. Why Woodley? I’m not going to lie and pretend to be an accurate NFL scout, but from what I’ve heard and read, Woodley appears to be a great fit for the 3-4 defense.

17) Philadelphia - Jason Hill WR Washington State – Why Philadelphia? As much as Eagles fans blame injuries, they are not ready to compete for a super bowl win. Why Hill? He will look to string together his 3rd consecutive 1,000 yard season at Washington State, and will eventually become the go-to guy that McNabb has always wanted.

18) Minnesota - Kareem Brown DT Miami, Fl. – Why Minnesota? For the second year in a row, the Vikings have made great free agent signings. Also for the second year in a row, they have failed to follow that up with a solid draft. Why Brown? As good as C.J. Mosley has looked in his reserve role, he is still a big question mark. Brown seems like a little more of a sure thing, and will solidify an already great Vikings defensive line.

19) Dallas – Jordan Palmer QB UTEP – Why Dallas? They have a good team, but Bledsoe is far from a sure thing at quarterback. Why Palmer? He certainly has the pedigree, and should be the third quarterback off the board as long as Brian Brohm doesn’t enter. He could be the franchise quarterback that Dallas has failed to find in recent years.

20) Tampa Bay – Khalif Mitchell* DE North Carolina – Why Tampa? They are a good team with a promising young quarterback. The problem is that Simms is so inexperienced, and probably won’t lead his team to more than 10 wins.

21) Washington - Adam Carriker DE Nebraska – Why Washington? They have a high-powered offense and a top-five defense, but Mark Brunell is really nothing special. My guess, probably 10-6. Why Carriker? Nebraska has produced some good DE’s, and Carriker will be the next in a long list. He is big and perfectly suited to be a 4-3 DE.

22) Jacksonville – Oscar Lua LB USC – Why Jacksonville? They addressed most of their needs, but I just don’t see Byron Leftwich leading this team to more than 11 wins. Why Lua? He played the middle in college, but could possibly make the move to the strong side, where Clint Ingram hasn’t proven anything.

23) Kansas City – Levi Brown OT Penn State – Why Kansas City? They have a good QB, a great RB, and an elite offensive line. Their defense is suspect however, and will keep them from a super bowl push. Why Brown? He looks like he will go earlier, but a lot of that stems from Penn State’s 2005-06 season, in which they were a game away from a National Championship Berth. After losing many of their key contributors, Penn State will win maybe 6 or 7 games, and the hype will die down.

24) New York Giants - Lawrence Dampeer DT Oklahoma – Why New York? They appear to be the best team in their division as of now, but Eli Manning will prevent them from being a serious contender. Why Dampeer? He is probably the second DT in this class, which makes him the obvious pick, especially due to New York’s glaring need in the middle of the line.

25) Cincinnati – Doug Datish OG/OT The Ohio State University – Why Cincinnati? They are a young team who is just a key player or two from the Super Bowl, but having Pittsburgh in the division may make them a Wild Card team. Why Datish? It’s a huge reach here, but Ohio State players always seem to climb up draft boards (Donte Whitner?). They figure to lose one, possibly two starters on the offensive line to free agency, and Datish can play guard, tackle, or even center in the NFL.

26) Miami – Michael Griffin DB Texas – Why Miami? Solid defense, good QB, and a good running game leads to W’s. They will need a number of players to step up to win this many games, especially Daunte Culpepper. Why Griffin? Texas defensive backs have had success in the NFL (Nathan Vasher, and soon to be Michael Huff), and Miami obviously likes DB’s with versatility (Jason Allen?).

27) Indianapolis - Jeff Samardzija WR Notre Dame – Why Indianapolis? They are a great offensive team, with a defense that was MIA weeks 6-17 (and the playoffs). Why Samardzija? No one thought he would fall this far, especially the Colts. Marvin Harrison is old and Brandon Stokley isn’t too young either. If you add that to the fact that they have so few holes to fill, Samardzija seems like the right pick.

28) Chicago - Jarrett Hicks WR Texas Tech – Why Chicago? As of now, they seem to be just a step behind the likes of Seattle and Carolina. They will likely make a push for the NFC Championship Game. Why Hicks? He is a good receiver that puts up good numbers. Chicago has tried to hide it, but it will be obvious this year; they need a true, stud WR.

29) Denver - Tyrone Moss RB Miami, Fl. – Why Denver? They have a good team that will likely end up in the AFC Championship Game, but their trip will probably stop there. Why Moss? He’s a Miami runningback, how can a team let that go? Think Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, and Frank Gore (poised to breakout).

30) Seattle - Kyle Young C Fresno State – Why Seattle? I don’t have a problem with Seattle, I just don’t see Shaun Alexander having another 1,800+ yard year, and I also can’t see the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Why Young? Robbie Tobeck is 36, and they hardly have a pro-bowl LG next to him. They need help on the line, and Young will bring it.

31) Pittsburgh - Quentin Moses DE Georgia – Why Pittsburgh? A great team that, with the losses they’ve had, probably won’t repeat. Why Moses? First of all, we’re talking DE in the 3-4, not an OLB. He is a true DE, think Richard Seymour. At about 255, he seems small as of now, but he could be up close to 275 by the draft if he thinks it will make him money and get him on a Super Bowl team.

32) Carolina – Brandon Merriweather DB Miami, Fl. – Why Carolina? The way I see it, they are the best team in the NFL. Feel free to critisize the teams draft position, but remember I did pick last years Super Bowl teams correctly. Why Merriweather? He is a good FS who deserves to hear his name called in the first round. Mike Minter is 32 and has taken a beating over the years.

Tell me what you think. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know enough about next years prospects to judge but I like your faith in Miami!

FF Member #67
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
I dont know enough about next years prospects to judge but I like your faith in Miami!

That's if Culpepper is healthy. If not, uh, it won't be so pretty.

Also, this is the place you come to FIND OUT about next years prospects, so you'll be able to judge in the future.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it's DEFINATELY too early to predict trades in next year's draft. Very Happy

Life Goes On
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LetItEnfoldYou8 wrote:
well, it's DEFINATELY too early to predict trades in next year's draft. Very Happy

True, but San Francisco stays at #1 and picks Brady Quinn wouldn't be too realistic either. I went by what teams will get what picks first, and then I filled in the players.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Charger pick
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
I like the Charger pick

Yeah, Landry would be a good fit in the Chargers secondary. Sorry about predicting a bad season for you guys, if Rivers turns out to be worth the top 5 pick, San Diego is a lock for the playoffs.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont really like the Titans pick to much......would rather take Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett to give Vince Young a great player to throw to

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
dont really like the Titans pick to much......would rather take Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett to give Vince Young a great player to throw to

Possibly, but you guys have three 2nd year receivers, and I bet 2 of them will break out this year.
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Calvin Johnson? Though some analysts claim he will stay his senior year, as long as he does not get injured that is very unlikely since our 4-year starter at QB Reggie Ball is graduating after this season. CJ should be included in this mock if Ted Ginn Jr., Dwayne Jarrett and Adrian Peterson are. And if he's included he will be at least a top 5 pick.

^^^ McNabbNo5

Sapere aude!
viks_fan21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BatCountry! wrote:
No Calvin Johnson? Though some analysts claim he will stay his senior year, as long as he does not get injured that is very unlikely since our 4-year starter at QB Reggie Ball is graduating after this season. CJ should be included in this mock if Ted Ginn Jr., Dwayne Jarrett and Adrian Peterson are. And if he's included he will be at least a top 5 pick.

I think he stays, just because he has a chance of being the #1 player taken in the 2008 draft.
DawgPound1011

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think the Browns go DLine... RB is not a need with Ruben Droughns, Jerome Harrison and Lee Suggs.
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bet the Broncos want the Browns to go D-Line also. They just end up going to the Broncos anyways. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh you think the Lions will be picking in the top 5... With this amazing draft I would not put us out of running for the North Title.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: