Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cowboyuptx


Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COWBOYS DRAFT

(Pick) - Player - Position - School - GRADE
(Actual Place Drafted)

1st (#1Cool Bobby Carpenter - OLB - Ohio St. GRADE - A
The perfect strong-side LB for a 3-4.
I would've Picked: Bobby Carpenter

2nd (#53) Anthony Fasano - TE - Notre Dame GRADE - B-
This is a good pick. Fasano is a good player for the Cowboys new 2 pass-catching TE's formation.
I would've picked: Marcus McNiel - OT - Auburn (Chargers #54)

3rd (#92) Jason Hatcher - DE/DT - Grambling St. GRADE - C
This looks like a reach to me, but parcells usually has a keen eye for 3-4 talent. However, we could've picked up that 2nd TE here instead.
I would've picked: Domonique Byrd - TE - USC (Rams #93)

4th (#125) Skyler Green - WR - LSU GRADE - C
The last remaining kick return specialist, which is a need for Dallas. Not too bad a pick.
I would've picked: Orien Harris - DT - Miami (Steelers #133)

5th (#138) Pat Watkins - FS - Florida St. GRADE - A+
This dude is a 6'5" FS, with 4.42 speed. One of the steals of this draft.
I would've picked: Pat Watkins

6th (#182) Montavious Stanley - DT - Louisville GRADE - A
Montavious, was a great value here! I saw him on most peoples top 100.
I would've picked: Greg Eslinger - C - Minnesota (Broncos #198)

7th (#211) Pat McQuiston - OG/T - Webber St. GRADE - D
His twin brother Paul, also from Webber St. was selected in the 3rd by Oak., maybe that's who Parcells thought he was getting.
I would've picked: Fred Matua - OG - USC (Lions #217)

7th (#224) EJ Whitely - OG/C - Texas Tech GRADE - D-
This dude has the ability to suck at more than one position. Should've been Rod here!!
I would've picked: Rodrique Wright - DT - Texas (Dolphins #226)

OVERALL GRADE - B-
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 30
Location: Sioux City, Ia
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD31 wrote:
Watson...



OK Cards are #1.

GOOD JOB CARDS!

Must be nice cards fans.

Texans#2
9'ers #3


Yeah, but the cards have to WIN first! Wink
_________________
THE QUEST FOR "6" CONTINUES....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8412
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSTAKEBUSH wrote:
I liked the Jets draft overall. A few things:

Should've taken Leinart.

Croyle, Whitehurst, and Croyle are better than Clemens, all three were available and they didn't need to trade up to get him.(considering we didn't take Leinart)

We have Vilma we don't need Schlegel

Who's Eric Smith?


I had a goal to read every post in this thread before posting, which was ruined when i read yours.

Should've taken Leinart, HELL NO! I was on the verge of flipping out if they took Leinart. IDC what you say, QB was not at all our top need. Leinart has a good deep ball and has been succesfull, but he was in college, with the best team. Sure, make the arguemtn about Palmer, but you can tell Palmer had a lot more than Leinart does. Leinart would be a good pick for the Cardinals, where he went. But not for us. D'brick was definently our best choice.

Croyle, Whitehurst, and Croyle are better than Clemens you say. Uhh, you named Croyle twice there bud. They both aren't better than Clemens.

First off, are you aware the Jets arw switching to 3-4? i guess not. Since we are doing that, we need a whole lot of depth at LB.

Ok, now to grade the Jets draft.

A+. The only selections im not excited about are the TE pick and Eric Smith, but not because of the people. I think we had good enough TEs and S and did not need to draft any. we could've used #97 to pick up Watson at DT, who is a model noseguard. otherwise, D'brick and Mangold are instant starters, maybe bowlers. Clemens could be our starter years from now, a good backup untill then. Schlegal i just like, even though it was a reach. Brad Smith is a sick athlete and will do great wherever we put him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandwhich


Joined: 25 Mar 2006
Posts: 8412
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought that Cleveland, SF, and the Cardinals had A worthy drafts. Lots of B worthy drafts though.
Only teams to fail to me are

Saints- Might be a shocker, but Bush was an obvious pick there, and the only good one they made all draft IMO. i hated the rest of their picks.

Bills- first 3 picks could've been picked a whole lot later than they were.

Bears- really have no clue what they were doing either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RashaanSalaami


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29867
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona Cardinals:
Best Pick: Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
Worst Pick: Todd Watkins, WR, BYU
Final Grade: A.

Atlanta Falcons:
Best Pick: Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
Worst Pick: Quinn Ojinnaka, OT, Syracuse
Final Grade: B.

Baltimore Ravens:
Best Pick: Ryan LaCasse, DE/OLB, Syrcause
Worst Pick: David Pittman, CB, Northwestern State
Final Grade: B+.

Buffalo Bills:
Best Pick: Ko Simpson, S, South Carolina
Worst Pick: John McCargo, DT, N.C. State
Final Grade: B-.

Carolina Panthers:
Best Pick: Will Mongomery, OG/C, Virginia Tech
Worst Pick: Rashad Butler, OT, Miami (Florida)
Final Grade: B.

Chicago Bears:
Best Pick: Dusty Dvoracek, DT, Oklahoma
Worst Pick: Danieal Manning, CB/S, Abiene-Christian
Final Grade: D.

Cincinnati Bengals:
Best Pick: A.J. Nicholson, OLB, Florida State
Worst Pick: Johnathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina
Final Grade: C.

Cleveland Browns:
Best Pick: Jerome Harrison, HB, Washington State
Worst Pick: Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB, Florida State
Final Grade: B-.

Dallas Cowboys:
Best Pick: Patrick Watkins, S, Florida State
Worst Pick: Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
Final Grade: C+.

Denver Broncos:
Best Pick: Brandon Marshall, WR, UCF
Worst Pick: Tony Scheffler, TE, Western Michigan
Final Grade: A.

Detroit Lions:
Best Pick: Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
Worst Pick: Dee McCann, CB, West Virginia
Final Grade: B.

Green Bay Packers:
Best Pick: Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
Worst Pick: Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Final Grade: B.

Houston Texans:
Best Pick: Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
Final Grade: B+.

Indianapolis Colts:
Best Pick: Joseph Addai, HB, LSU
Worst Pick: Charlie Johnson, OT, Oklahoma State
Final Grade: C+.

Jacksonville Jaguars:
Best Pick: James Wyche, DE, Syrcause
Worst Pick: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
Final Grade: C-.

Kansas City Chiefs:
Best Pick: Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Bernard Pollard, S, Purdue
Final Grade: B-.

Miami Dolphins:
Best Pick: Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
Worst Pick: Joe Toledo, OT, Washington
Final Grade: B.

Minnesota Vikings:
Best Pick: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
Worst Pick: Ryan Cook, C, New Mexico
Final Grade: C-.

New England Patriots:
Best Pick: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Worst Pick: David Thomas, TE, Texas
Final Grade: A-.

New Orleans Saints:
Best Pick: Reggie Bush, HB, USC
Worst Pick: Roman Harper, S, Alabama
Final Grade: B.

New York Giants:
Best Pick: Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
Final Grade: C+.

New York Jets:
Best Pick: Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State
Worst Pick: Kellen Clemens, QB, Oregon
Final Grade: B.

Oakland Raiders:
Best Pick: Darnell Bing, S, USC
Worst Pick: Paul McQuistan, OT, Weber State
Final Grade: B.

Philadelphia Eagles:
Best Pick: Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
Worst Pick: Jason Avant, WR, Michigan
Final Grade: A.

Pittsburgh Steelers:
Best Pick: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
Worst Pick: Willie Colon, OG, Hofstra
Final Grade: A-.

San Diego Chargers:
Best Pick: Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
Worst Pick: Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson
Final Grade: B-.

San Francisco 49ers:
Best Pick: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
Worst Pick: Michael Robinson, ATH, Penn State
Final Grade: A.

St. Louis Rams:
Best Pick: Tim McGarigle, ILB, Northwestern
Worst Pick: Tony Palmer, OG, Missouri
Final Grade: A-.

Seattle Seahawks:
Best Pick: Rob Sims, OG, Ohio State
Worst Pick: David Kirtman, FB, USC
Final Grade: C+.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Best Pick: Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame
Worst Pick: Tim Massaquoi, TE, Michigan
Final Grade: B+.

Tennessee Titans:
Best Pick: LenDale White, HB, USC
Worst Pick: Spencer Toone, OLB, Utah
Final Grade: A+.

Washington Redskins:
Best Pick: Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Anthony Montgomery, DT, Minnesota
Final Grade: D.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13467
Location: STL
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
St. Louis Rams:
Best Pick: Tim McGarigle, ILB, Northwestern
Worst Pick: Tony Palmer, OG, Missouri
Final Grade: A-.


just wondering, why?
_________________
Whats the point?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John wrote:
BigD31 wrote:
Watson...



OK Cards are #1.

GOOD JOB CARDS!

Must be nice cards fans.

Texans#2
9'ers #3


Yeah, but the cards have to WIN first! Wink


this is about the draft though so ty who ever said good draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23284
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Arizona Cardinals:
Best Pick: Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
Worst Pick: Todd Watkins, WR, BYU
Final Grade: A.

Atlanta Falcons:
Best Pick: Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
Worst Pick: Quinn Ojinnaka, OT, Syracuse
Final Grade: B.

Baltimore Ravens:
Best Pick: Ryan LaCasse, DE/OLB, Syrcause
Worst Pick: David Pittman, CB, Northwestern State
Final Grade: B+.

Buffalo Bills:
Best Pick: Ko Simpson, S, South Carolina
Worst Pick: John McCargo, DT, N.C. State
Final Grade: B-.

Carolina Panthers:
Best Pick: Will Mongomery, OG/C, Virginia Tech
Worst Pick: Rashad Butler, OT, Miami (Florida)
Final Grade: B.

Chicago Bears:
Best Pick: Dusty Dvoracek, DT, Oklahoma
Worst Pick: Danieal Manning, CB/S, Abiene-Christian
Final Grade: D.

Cincinnati Bengals:
Best Pick: A.J. Nicholson, OLB, Florida State
Worst Pick: Johnathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina
Final Grade: C.

Cleveland Browns:
Best Pick: Jerome Harrison, HB, Washington State
Worst Pick: Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB, Florida State
Final Grade: B-.

Dallas Cowboys:
Best Pick: Patrick Watkins, S, Florida State
Worst Pick: Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
Final Grade: C+.

Denver Broncos:
Best Pick: Brandon Marshall, WR, UCF
Worst Pick: Tony Scheffler, TE, Western Michigan
Final Grade: A.

Detroit Lions:
Best Pick: Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
Worst Pick: Dee McCann, CB, West Virginia
Final Grade: B.

Green Bay Packers:
Best Pick: Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa
Worst Pick: Daryn Colledge, OT, Boise State
Final Grade: B.

Houston Texans:
Best Pick: Eric Winston, OT, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: DeMeco Ryans, OLB, Alabama
Final Grade: B+.

Indianapolis Colts:
Best Pick: Joseph Addai, HB, LSU
Worst Pick: Charlie Johnson, OT, Oklahoma State
Final Grade: C+.

Jacksonville Jaguars:
Best Pick: James Wyche, DE, Syrcause
Worst Pick: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
Final Grade: C-.

Kansas City Chiefs:
Best Pick: Marcus Maxey, CB, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Bernard Pollard, S, Purdue
Final Grade: B-.

Miami Dolphins:
Best Pick: Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
Worst Pick: Joe Toledo, OT, Washington
Final Grade: B.

Minnesota Vikings:
Best Pick: Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
Worst Pick: Ryan Cook, C, New Mexico
Final Grade: C-.

New England Patriots:
Best Pick: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Worst Pick: David Thomas, TE, Texas
Final Grade: A-.

New Orleans Saints:
Best Pick: Reggie Bush, HB, USC
Worst Pick: Roman Harper, S, Alabama
Final Grade: B.

New York Giants:
Best Pick: Sinorice Moss, WR, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
Final Grade: C+.

New York Jets:
Best Pick: Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State
Worst Pick: Kellen Clemens, QB, Oregon
Final Grade: B.

Oakland Raiders:
Best Pick: Darnell Bing, S, USC
Worst Pick: Paul McQuistan, OT, Weber State
Final Grade: B.

Philadelphia Eagles:
Best Pick: Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
Worst Pick: Jason Avant, WR, Michigan
Final Grade: A.

Pittsburgh Steelers:
Best Pick: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
Worst Pick: Willie Colon, OG, Hofstra
Final Grade: A-.

San Diego Chargers:
Best Pick: Marcus McNeill, OT, Auburn
Worst Pick: Charlie Whitehurst, QB, Clemson
Final Grade: B-.

San Francisco 49ers:
Best Pick: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
Worst Pick: Michael Robinson, ATH, Penn State
Final Grade: A.

St. Louis Rams:
Best Pick: Tim McGarigle, ILB, Northwestern
Worst Pick: Tony Palmer, OG, Missouri
Final Grade: A-.

Seattle Seahawks:
Best Pick: Rob Sims, OG, Ohio State
Worst Pick: David Kirtman, FB, USC
Final Grade: C+.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
Best Pick: Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame
Worst Pick: Tim Massaquoi, TE, Michigan
Final Grade: B+.

Tennessee Titans:
Best Pick: LenDale White, HB, USC
Worst Pick: Spencer Toone, OLB, Utah
Final Grade: A+.

Washington Redskins:
Best Pick: Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Anthony Montgomery, DT, Minnesota
Final Grade: D.


actually todd watkins in the 7th round was a good pick

we need aKR/PR and he will probably make the team as such

my personal bad pick pick was brandon johnson in the 5th we could have had greg eslinger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Meeker


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6708
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks...dont think ive replied here yet:

K. Jennings: Considered by many the best cover corner in the draft, was at the least the 3rd corner on our board, probably our #1. Filled a need with a top athlete, though id rather have him learn for a year our two from a veteran, I think he will do just fine starting this year.

D. Tapp: Top 5 DE, was suprised to see him their in the 2nd. He had 2 sacks against Brick in their reg. season game and another 2 in the senior bowl, also 1 against Winston. Only fell due to measurables...doubt he will start but will see quite a few snaps in pass rush situations. Best pick for us IMO.

R. Sims: Was considered a top 5 guard I believe? Great value pick for depth, wont start for a couple years, but we will need him down the road...Gray is getting old.

D. Kirtman: An excellent FB, Strong wont be around forever, he isnt the best pure blocking FB, but can make excellent catches, good third-downer IMO.

R. Plackemeier: Rouen is passed his prime and we needed a top punter...and we got him, has an incredible leg, career high is a 82 yarder. He has trouble with placement kicks, but has really improved over the years. Can also do kickoffs...wasnt too happy with Brown's last year.

B. Obomanu: Excels with YAC and has all the physical tools to become an excellent KR/PR. In a few years could become a fully capable starter...dont know if he will last past camp, but a good pick IMO.

Based on just pure draft: B, they only had 6 picks, 5 of which were the 31st pick in that particular round and the other was one of the last altogether. If you add in Burleson and Green for our 3rd and 6th, id give it an A-.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RashaanSalaami


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29867
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
Quote:
St. Louis Rams:
Best Pick: Tim McGarigle, ILB, Northwestern
Worst Pick: Tony Palmer, OG, Missouri
Final Grade: A-.


just wondering, why?


He was one of the few players I hadn't heard of and they did an excellent job with the rest of their draft, so I didn't really have a worst pick for them so I just made it the guy I hadn't heard of.

#1CARDSFAN wrote:

actually todd watkins in the 7th round was a good pick


Once again I loved their draft and this was the only player I wasn't too high on. You have to factor the grade I gave them to understand why I thought it was their worst pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13467
Location: STL
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
Quote:
St. Louis Rams:
Best Pick: Tim McGarigle, ILB, Northwestern
Worst Pick: Tony Palmer, OG, Missouri
Final Grade: A-.


just wondering, why?


He was one of the few players I hadn't heard of and they did an excellent job with the rest of their draft, so I didn't really have a worst pick for them so I just made it the guy I hadn't heard of.



i understand, just telling u thou He did 225 41 times, and made all big 12 last year. Even with those great Guards Texas had
_________________
Whats the point?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jib


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 737
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings
#1- Chad Greenway OLB Iowa:
They got the perfect LB for their new Defensive scheme. He can hit catch and wrap up. A+
#2- Cedric Griffin CB Texas:
The Vikings got another perfect player for their new D's Scheme. A-
#3- Ryan Cook C New Mexico:
This was a bad value pick but they still got a guy that can play anywhere on our new look O-Line. D+
#4- Tarvaris Jackson QB Alabama State:
Another terrible value pick but they probably had to move up and get him to stop someone else from snatching him up. Jackson has Arm strength, Leadership, Decent speed, and OK accuracy. C+
#5- Ray Edwards DE Purdue:
This guy has a few off the field problems but the vikings need a new back up since they got rid of Johnstone. B-
#6- Greg Blue S Georgia:
This guy hits you like a ton of bricks I can see him being moved to LB but I dont know about his coverage skills for S B-

OVERALL GRADE: C+
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BadToTheBone


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 6732
Location: scared Wide Recievers
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:


Washington Redskins:
Best Pick: Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Miami (Florida)
Worst Pick: Anthony Montgomery, DT, Minnesota
Final Grade: D.


that pick really wasnt that bad. We had a need at DT and an analyst did an article on this kid on how underrated he was.

you should read this article about Anthony Montgomery and how effective he was
http://www.nfldraftalmanac.com/index.php?c=2&a=634

i worst pick was probably that OG, Kila Lefotu
_________________


Clinton Portis:
Quote:
" We're going to be in the NFC championship game. I guarantee that. Whatever that takes, we're going to get there."


Last edited by BadToTheBone on Sun May 28, 2006 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29498
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Atlanta Falcons:
Best Pick: Jimmy Williams, CB/S, Virginia Tech
Worst Pick: Quinn Ojinnaka, OT, Syracuse
Final Grade: B.

Ojinnaka may turn out to be the best pick because he has the making of a franchise ZBS Right Tackle. our worst pick IMO was Adam Jennings.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group